Let's Start 2006 With Core Board 36!

You're on Page 16 of 32
Go to
  • Wow! Great information Frouf and Saundra. I'm going to save this somewhere. I need new ideas, especially for lunch. Thanks.
  • Hi Everyone
    How is everyone doing. I hope everyone has had a great day. Mine has been ok. Been snowing off and on all day. And getting colder.
    Well took hubby to his 2 Dr's appts today. They went alright. The one he dont have to go back to for 3 months. YEAH. Unless there is a problem. And the other Dr's appt went ok. But he has to go back there the end of the month. He was still having some problems with the blood pressure and pulse thing today. A little bit high. Still some pain in the chest. But I guess that goes along with the inflamation. So the Dr wants to make sure his blood pressure is ok at the end of the month. He is on meds for blood pressure already. But they may have to increase it. So told him maybe if he lost a few pounds between now and then. Maybe it would help the blood pressure. He had been watching. But here lately he hasnt. So he said he was going to try and cut down.
    SAUNIEMAY I could have got a salad at the hospital yesterday. But everytime I eat one of those. I end up spending most of my time in the bathroom. So wasnt going to be able to do that.
    To eat today. 2 slices diet bread with a little peanut butter and sf jelly, a couple pieces of the deer sausage, Wendy's lunch which consisted of a side salad, a small chili and a plain baked potato. Then I put my chili on my potato and salad. A apple and 2 banana's.
    Got me some clematines today. So may have a couple of those later tonight.
    Well I will get off here. Just wanted to check in.
    I want to thank you all for you well wishes and prayers. That means alot to me.
  • Did you guys notice a slight change around here today? Signatures will only be displayed in your first post on a particular page of a thread, and then the next time you post (on that same page) the signature doesn't show. Just wanted to alert you in case you saw that your signature was gone.
  • Testing.

BTW, if you think it's not working, try refreshing the page. The signature will only be on the first post.
  • melissa, i've been out getting hair, nails, makeup makeover, shopping----i am too tired to exercise. (this is typed by the person who says exercising gives energy.)

frouf, leaping bunny friend, i love these animations, too. have fun at your gf's tonight--and much success to you with your wi tomorrow.

vickie, work hard on having a positive frame of mind. that's important for surgery. and you know we're all here for you.

saundra, i appreciate your honesty. i don't blame you one bit for enjoying every facet of your vacation. you've earned it!!

kathy, i hope judd gets better soon and you both can get some rest. congrats on your scale's being down. thanks for the info on the sigs. i was wondering what was going on here.

coco, glad dh is getting good reports.
  • Sandra, I hurt so bad by the time I go to the Surgeon I'll be celebrating!
  • i love your attitude, vickie. you're going to feel so much better. just think of the exercising you'll be doing! i'm already impressed.
  • Hey gals, I'm way behind here! I hope that everyone is having a good day. It was actually a pretty slow day at work, and boss left at lunchtime.
    How's everyone else?

Sandra, it sounds like you've had a good day! I plan on exercising tomorrow for sure.

Coco, glad to hear that things are going well with your husband.

Kathy, hope you are napping.

Frouf, Glad to hear that your scale is down AND you got to sleep!

Vickie, I don't think you are a scaredy cat at all. In fact, you have been incredibly brave and inspiring during this experience!
  • No nap for the weary. I'm washing clothes and making an Amy's organic pizza. I might not eat it tonight, but I'll have it to take to work tomorrow. I think I might just have a cup of Yerba Mate tea tonight and go sit. Erin ordered Dominos, Judd is working out and then stopping somewhere for dinner to bring home, Shaun and Kate are at work.
  • HI
    Got a question. Has anyone tried the new South Beach Pizza's. I got me one today. But havent tried it yet. But I was wondering Would it be better to eat on of these than the WW ones. Because wouldnt the south beach be more low carb. Does that make sense. I know I will have to see how many points it has. But they looked really good. I got a grilled chicken pizza. Hubby got pepperoni. But just wondered if anyone had tried them.
    Well I didnt stick to my plan of the 2 clematines. I ate 2 little pieces of the deer sausage and a banana.
    I know eating has been that great today. But maybe it is a improvement compared to what it has been.
    Well I hope everyone has a great night.
    COCO
  • Kathy, I'm sorry that you have to go to work tomorrow!

Coco, like you said, you have to count points either way, so just see which has fewer points. What you said about your eating being an improvement compared to what it has been, that is GREAT. I have to remind myself of that all of the time. No matter what mistakes we make, we have to remember how far we've come.

It's only 9:00 on a Friday night and I'm already feeling like I'm ready for bed!
  • Wow, quiet night! I watched TV all night on the couch with the heating pad. I'm still hurting pretty bad so tomorrow will be an easy day for me too. I don't feel like cooking dinner so maybe I'll get dressed and we'll go out. I'll see tomorrow.

Night!
  • It is quiet! I'm working tomorrow from 7-2, then will come home and finish the laundry for next week. I want to get it all done and out of the way.

Kate got the job that she interviewed for (the one at Wells Fargo) and I heard an interesting rumor today that Shaun's old company wants him back. This really burns me up -- not that they want to hire him again, but that they're the reason he's in his current predicament. If they hadn't fired him to begin with, he wouldn't have lost his apartment and started that huge downward spiral. I know everything happens for a reason, so I'm withholding judgement for now. However, he doesn't have a vehicle to get to work and I doubt this company would let him take a company vehicle home.

It's always something, isn't it?
  • Great News for Kate! It is wonderful to hear some happy news. Not sure what to think about Shaun's situation, except that often things to work out for a reason. Does he think he wants to work for them again? I can't remember why they fired him. I'm not sure I'd trust this company again if I were Shaun. Bummer that you have to work tomorrow.

I'm sure I'll be here to say Good Morning. But for now, it's beddy bye time.
  • GOOD MORNING EVERYONE
    I hope everyone got plenty of rest last night. And stayed warm.
    Well not much happening here. I have some errends to run afterbit. Not sure if hubby feels like going or not. So he and son may stay home. I want to go to KMART they have lettuce on sale for .79 a head. Was going to get some yesterday. But where I was at. It was over a dollar ahead. And wasnt very nice. Real mushy. Not solid.
    To eat so far today a banana. Havent decided what I want. In a way I dont want anything. But I know I have to have something.
    I just wanted to check in. Let you know I was thinking of you. I hope everyone has a great day. And that everyone has a great on track day. Including me.
    Will check in later.
    Coco