Let's Start 2006 With Core Board 36!

You're on Page 12 of 32
Go to
  • I was missin' you!
  • Thanks Septemersgoal.
    I know it will take time. I know I didnt gain the weight overnight. But sometimes it seems like it. And sometimes it seems no matter how hard I try and stay on track. I mess up. I think I need to start keeping the journal again. So I will keep pluggin along. And hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. Again thanks for all of you support.
    Coco
  • It's not good, I know that -- but apparently I require very little. There have been lots of debates lately over the "starvation" issue. I doubt I will gain by not eating enough because once or twice a week, I *do* get hungry and then eat a lot. I guess that's my body's own Wendie plan.
  • That's why I love Core - don't have to count calories - can eat yummy/healthy food in "normal"quantities without feeling deprived!

Melissa - hugs to you for getting thru the day - I sure hope you find a better work situation soon - I'm sure thing will go your way - you do very important work!

Kathy - I could not survive on 1000 calories, let alone 600 - I am already hungry just thinking about it!

...and no exercise today - I am already in my jammies and hoping to be able to watch part 2 of the movie I want to see from 9-11 pm.

Saundra - yup - it's pretty bad driving out there!...and I presume tomorrow morning won't be pretty! Left work early to take dd to orthodontist appt (ONLY 2 MORE VISITS AND THE BRACES COME OFF!!! - I think I am more excited than she is!). DD even wanted to go to a movie w/me tonight (a rare occurance) but told her I did not want to be out driving around tonight that's for sure!

oh ya did I mention dd is now hankering for some piercings and/or a tattoo? It was only a matter of time right? TOLD HER ABSOLUTELY/POSITIVE NO! When she is 18 and an adult she can do as she pleases but not until then (like we hope she's going to listen!) - says all her friends have "piercings" - I don't think so!

Coco - hang in there - we all have bad days and bad weeks - heck I have even had bad months - the goal is not to give up! Just remember each day is a brand new beginning!

And special congrats to Angela - for showing us how it's done! Good for you for getting back on track and getting back to goal - you are a maintenance diva!

Okay - I think I shall pop some lf popcorn, grab a diet soda (and my grey flannel robe with bunnies all over it ) and hope that I can settle down in the family room to watch my movie - WITHOUT BEING BOTHERED OR EVICTED BY SELFISH CHILDREN WHO THINK THEY OWN THE TV AND FAMILY ROOM (no I'm not bitter! )

nitey nite

Frouf
  • Coco, it does take time to get into the plan. You don't talk much about milk, fruit, veggies. Maybe you could try to eat more of those to keep your tummy full. When I'm full fewer things are tempting. Check out some of our smoothie recipes. They are FABULOUS and several of them give you a fruit and milk serving and taste like dessert. One of my very favorites is the Cherry Garcia. Yum. I haven't had one of those in a while. Maybe tomorrow!

Saundra, I didn't know you were at goal either. Are you just doing Core to maintain?

Frouf, enjoy your movie and your popcorn!

Kathy, I think you are right to listen to your body. I know you're not a big meat or starch eater. That's where I get most of my points. I'd act as if my wrists had been split if I only ate 600 calories....heck I think 1200 is starvation! That could be why I still weigh 262 pounds.

Melissa, I'm glad you made it home. I LOVE the idea of you checking out other Hospices. It certainly cannot hurt to branch out. Is there anything I can do to help?

Sandra is at archery tonight. Hope she's doing well.

I'm off to watch TV for the rest of the night. My dinner was delicious and I'm more than satisfied. I'm definitely treadmilling tomorrow whether or not I still am hurting. I'm going to see if it will help. I almost had to cancel exercise for tomorrow because we almost had to babysit for the greats. I love them but would have hated getting up at 4:30 to shower and get to their house by 5:30. My Sister and BIL normally babysit and my Sister threw her back out. She says she ok for tomorrow so we'll see.

Have a great rest of your evening.
  • I *really* wish one of you lived close to me because I'd be at your house right now! Just make up the bed in the spare room or find me a couch, chair, sleeping bag ... anything! Football screaming is driving me crazy!! Judd's single friend (the one who he's always getting into trouble with) and one of the neighbors (Shaun's old boss) are over here. Crazy, I tell ya!

I managed to sneak in there and clean up the kitchen, then got out as soon as possible. Lunch is planned and made, and clothes are all laid out for the morning. I need to get to work earlier in the morning.
  • It's quiet here. Jim just went upstairs to shower. I loved getting to work early. We had a policy of letting our employees (and ourselves) leave 8 1/2 hours after we got to work. It took all the stress off of "being late" because you couldn't be late. Because you could leave early, it would motivate folks to get up and get into the office. Some folks were not morning people and would come in at 9 or 9:30. It worked for everyone because there was always someone in the office to cover.

Angela, I forgot to tell you that my fingers are crossed that you get that contract. I didn't realize you had such a great job before the DD's. And to think you were Angela the Mommy to me. Now I have such a different view of you!

Kathy, I wish we all lived closer too. But if we did, maybe we wouldn't make as much time for each other as we do now.
  • Vickie, you're probably right about the amount of time we would spend together!

The fun is starting for sure now around here. Erin (big DD) is starting to apply to pharmacy schools. She has 4 of them, each with $100-135 application fees. Yikes! She's hoping for a new one that opens this year at Texas A&M. She has a meeting with her undergrad advisor tomorrow and we'll see what happens after that. She needs her letters of recommendation from teachers and boss ... teachers are off until the spring semester starts and boss is in Paris visiting his daughter. Hmmm ...

Kate has an interview at Wells Fargo tomorrow afternoon. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed for that although I know it means she'll be closer to moving out. She's my baby girl and the snuggly one, so I'll miss her a lot. However, I realize that she has to grow up. She and Devan aren't going to school this spring semester; both are going to try and work two jobs (new Wells Fargo jobs plus old jobs at grocery store) and save money.
  • Well, as usual, your house is a hornet's nest of activity!

I'm really getting off now. Jim is ready to watch TV.
  • Vickie, you are SO sweet. I wish you could help! But I so appreciate you asking. Big hug!! Hope you are having fun with your honey bunny.

Speaking of bunnies, Frouf, I hope that you are also enjoying your time on the couch, hopefully watching a great movie.

Kathy, my couch is always available, but the commute would really stink. Good luck with all the yelling. I'm so thankful that DH is not a sports fan.

Well I am off to bed. Sweet dreams to all!
  • Kath, Judd must be on cloud 9. We saw the last 5 minutes of the game. Off to bed now. Hope you are in dreamland.
  • He was ECSTATIC! Here's the whole story: It was going between the 2 types of screaming ... from "you stupid SOB!" to "Go, go, GO, GO, GO! YEAH!" and back and forth. I was about to go to bed, the neighbor had just left, the friend was still there, so I logged on and looked at the score. It was 31 to 23 USC. But the time left on the clock is what I noticed. It was 11:19. Sandra knows, this is important. I made a screenshot of the page in case they didn't believe me later, then I went into the family room and said, "Boys, I think the Horns can do it." They looked at me like I was crazy! I said, "No, it'll happen -- because I just saw my lucky number." Again with the crazy looks. Alrighty then, maybe I'll just go on to bed! Good luck!!

So I went back to the bedroom but not before I checked the score again. This time there was around 5 minutes left in the game and it was now 38 to 26 USC. The friend left, Judd was very quiet, and I'm like ... uh oh, my lucky number just crashed on me! So I turned off the light and was almost asleep, but a few minutes later the phone rang. I looked at the caller ID and it was the friend's number, and just then Judd opened the bedroom door and I said "What's going on?" and he said ...

THE LONGHORNS ARE THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!

I could NOT believe it! I have no idea when he came to bed ... guess he was high-fiving himself since all his peeps had already left! Today at work is going to be awesome because we work with a bunch of people from California. People, I might add, who didn't even go to USC but are the types who root against anything Texas just on principle. What's even nicer is that Judd DID go to U of T and does have legitimate bragging rights! Sweeeeeet!
  • Kathy, congrats to you all! Bragging on your school is always fun.

that today is a better day. I'm going to try to kind of cleanse my system today in an effort to get more focused mentally and physically.

: and to everyone for a great day.
  • Kathy, I meant to ask you a question. Last night when I was looking at the menu thread I was thinking the "main dishes" were a bit long. Do you think we should start a new thread for them? I just think about people with dial-up and how long that must take to look at the recipes.
  • That sounds like a good idea. I'm wondering if we should go either farther into the "subcategory" thing and do ... chicken, beef, etc. ??? I think for now I'll delete the posts that are non-recipe related, like "that sounds good", etc.