1 Year / 100 lb. Buddy

You're on Page 2 of 55
Go to
  • Oh yeah.... I forgot to say "THANKS FOR THE WELCOME" Jeanie and Sheila

I can't wait to get to know you all better. The newbies too!
  • Hi, Kelly, Sheila, Tina, Heather, Teri, Melanie, Nikki - who did I forget?? I am 33 and live in the southeast near the coast. I am married with one teenager and TOO MANY PETS! I have a really hard time motivating myself to exercise. I get so tired because I don't exercise, and so, I don't exercise! That is so frustrating! Tina - good for you with your treadmill. Sheila - did you get your walk?

I find myself that I have lots of reasons why tomorrow would be a better day to start... if I could sleep a little later I wouldn't be so tired, or maybe the dishes or laundry wouldn't be such a pile. Blah blah blah - next thing you know I believe myself and don't go.

Do you all get like this, and if so, what do you do when you start talking yourself down?
  • I always talk myself out of dieting....I will eat a bit of chocolate and then think...well I'll give up now. Now I realise that if I have one square of choc then it isn't the end...
  • Hi everyone,
    I would love to join in! My name is Lois. I live in Michigan. I am 44 and a divorced mom of three boys 16, 15, and 3... yeah he was my little surprise! I have a 100+ lbs. to lose. Already you ladies sound so motivated and that's what we all need... motivation and support. I hope to be chatting with all of you soon.
  • Quote: I always talk myself out of dieting....I will eat a bit of chocolate and then think...well I'll give up now. Now I realise that if I have one square of choc then it isn't the end...
    I actually think it's important to have *some* treats now and then (some--not a lot, .) If you deprive yourself, you're more likely to cheat and binge on junk later. Once upon a time, I managed to lose a bunch of weight (30 pounds) and I was able to stay on track because I allowed myself small treats now and then.

Of course, I moved and started university and started not paying attention to portion size whatsoever, hence, I have a weight problem again. *sigh*

But today's a new day! Off to take a walk!
  • Hi everyone...

to Heather, Teri, Melanie, fourwinds, Nikki, and Lois. It's wonderful that so many are joining together to cheer each other on. This is OUR year to lose!

You know... only 8 pounds a month will be 96 pounds - NINETY-SIX pounds of ugly, yellow blubber gone this year! Lose 10 pounds/month... WOW.

Great job treadmilling Tina! Isn't it a great feeling knowing that you've began on your journey! Make's me a bit envious since mine is still in storage. I'm draggin' it out, and that will be exercise in and of itself. By the way, you are beautiful. So I'm a bit more envious. And you live in Alberta, another reason I'm envious! I love the Canadian Rockies. Actually, the US Rockies, too! We usually vacation somewhere in the Rocky Mts...but opted for Alaska last summer and this upcoming summer.

Sherry, I did walk last night... the 1 mile Walk Away the Pounds (WATP) video. I am the queen of 'I'll start tomorrow'. We all must be, or else we wouldn't be here needin' to lose 100+ lbs to begin with. You're in GOOD company! I think you just have to commit to "no more 'xcuses". (Note to self - that means you, Sheila!) Today is THE day that begins the rest of your life, tomorrow holds no guarantee. Yesterday is ancient history.

For some FUN...
    Does anyone else do WATP 1 Mile? It's only about 15 minutes, and goes pretty fast. I really had a pretty good time while exercising by making up life stories for the skinny chicks struttin' around on there . Passes the time and can be quite entertaining. Kinda like playing Barbie at age 39...

Teri, you my friend are already an amazing inspiration! Way to go on your loss! Rereading your post will be a pick-me-up on those days that I think it just can't be done...

Heather, I know the feeling. One bite of something is my downfall on every diet. Then it's like - well, nothing matters now, might as well eat anything in sight... I think that's why Weight Watchers works so well for me. I can still keep control even if I have a bite or two of something that's not healthy. I can say 'so what', count the point or two it cost me, and go on. Melanie, I really think you'll enjoy Weight Watchers, also. It's kinda like playing a game with yourself. Balancing options, since ALL food is considered an option, and deciding if an unhealty food is worth the point trade-off.

fourwinds, I wish I'd have lost it when I had 50+ to lose rather than 100+ to lose.
    You're so right about enjoying a treat now and then. That's where I'm learning that fast-food chains can be my friend. A kiddie ice cream from McD's keeps ice cream out of my house, and sets a limit of only having a bite or two...'cause that's all there is to one...a bite or two!

Nice to meet you, Lois. I have 2 teenage sons, also, although one has now moved away to college . I begged DH for 'one last chance for a girl' before I turn 40... he said NO . Maybe I should've *planned* a surprise! Anyway, I'm so glad you've joined us, and maybe we can cheer each other on when mid-life munchies hit!

Nikki, welcome! We look forward to helping hold you accountable!!! Actually, we look forward to helping cheer you on toward your goal of losing 70 lbs. I need to figure out how to put up the ticker like you and others here have. Perhaps that would help me, too.

Kelly... missed you today! Your kids, and I assume they are... are cutie-pies!

I'm on a Caramel Apple kick after getting this easy recipe from my WW leader:

'Caramel' Apple Dip
    1 carton Fat Free plain or vanilla yogurt
    1 small box Jello Sugar Free/Fat Free butterscotch pudding mix*
    Mix part of dry butterscotch Jello powder with carton of yogurt to suit taste. Note - the whole box will be too much... add sparingly.
    Slice apples and dip. YUMMY

I've also made this with chopped apples, yogurt/pudding mix, and added walnuts or a few chopped peanuts. Really good apple salad. Could always add raisins (yuck) or other healthy goodies.

* I use the mix with sugar simply because artificial sweetners give me a headache. I have to up the points value a bit.

Okay...I promise not to write a novel with every post.

As for myself today, it's been one hekuva busy day. I'm a part-time lab tech in a small rural hospital and due to the holiday (observed), we were short on laboratory staffing...haha, the staffing was ME! So, I got in my exercise up and down halls, and all my food, cafeteria style, for the day. It's time to hit the hay! Goodnight and healthy dreams everyone.
  • Hey everybody!!
    Thank you so much for all of the welcomes & I look forward to getting on here to "have to report to you guys". I told myself that joining a forum online was silly, it wouldn't work. I struggled with it for 5 days, just jumping around & reading the posts on here. Boy am I glad I joined!! Not only are you a great bunch, but it's working already! I can't believe it!
    Yesterday was good, I exercised, watched my portions while trying to figure out an actual plan & I can't believe that I drank water (64 whole oz) which by the way is amazing for me. Today-more of a struggle. Was up with my sick daughter all night so didn't feel like doing anything. Food was not a problem though-kept the fat grams down to 10 (goal is below 30 for now), water-not as good as yesterday but still got some in, exercise did it because of you guys.
    WHY? I told myself that I am going to get on here everynight & report in. (Just for myself, if I tell myself that I have to tell you how I do everyday maybe I will actually do something)
    IT WORKED!! I started to skip the exercise-told myself I'm too tired, but I couldn't stand the fact of getting on here & admitting that I didn't do it. One more day down.
    Thanks Ladies!!!
  • So I'm new to this to. I was searching for a weight tracker and found this forum. I'm hoping that I can still join you all on your year journey. I'm 26, 27 in less than a week and have an ultimate goal of losing about 112 lbs hopefully a little more. I finally got the motivation to do this when a friend got engaged and told me her wedding is in October. I am bound and determined to be at least a size 16, maybe 14 by her wedding. We have a store around here that I longingly look at the dresses and want to wear one to her special day. Reading your posts have been an inspiration in just the last hour. Have a wonderful week.
  • Hey everyone,
    Just checking in. I had a pretty good day. actucally a couple of good days. I decided to remove the clothes from my clothing rack (stationary bike)... lol. I got on and told myself I'm going to ride at least 5 min. (Yep I am so out of shape). I actually stayed on for 12 min.
    The day before I pulled out my WATP tape (yep have those too!) and lasted for about 10 min. (jeez that's awful), but it's a start. I am not going quit. My intent is to set small goals and build on them. Heck you can't expect to just jump into a exercise routine if you've been sitting sittling on your butt for months, or even years.

Teri
    - WTG on the exercise and water. We all have to to take it one day at a time. Sorry to hear your daughter isn't feeling well, hope she's better soon. Just stay focused and keep checking in. Let's keep this positve energy going.

citycowgirl - to the our little group. We are all new to this but if we can continue to encourage and motivate one another thru good days and bad, we will all reach our goal by years end.

Lois
  • Good Morning ... and Good Afternoon to our buddies across the sea!

Last night... ugh, I was reminded of another reason to lose this weight, HEARTBURN , that's just nasty stuff.

Veggies are in the steamer. I haven't had my steamer out for 2 years. Don't know why I stored it in the first place... I also found a great powdered cheese sauce to flavor them up a little.

Recently bought one of those little $10 omlette makers from Walgreens; they don't actually make an omlette, but they do cook up fluffy eggs. I use whole egg and 2 egg whites, drop in a little fat free cheese, add some Lowery's seasoned salt. Not bad.

Adding my to welcome citycowgirl! We're gonna lose the weight, and have fun while we're at it. Glad you are here to help us encourage one another!

Nice job on the exercising you all... Makes me feel a bit guilty I begged off with the 'too tired' excuse yesterday. Especially since you still made time even with a sick daughter. I see WATP in my future today. Believe me, I don't hit it like the gals on there... these short stumpy legs don't 'march'. Too much thigh in the way... Someday...

Good Luck today everyone! We can make it happen!
    Later...
  • I'm back and posting early today. I just finished my workout. I did my WATP 1mile tape (with some modifications) but I completed the entire tape... I felt like quitting but I just modified and kept going. Yay!

1fathen - I hear ya... these thighs get heavy real fast during WATP.... but just think if we stick to how much lighter they will be. I tell you an omelette sounds good right about now.
    I'll be checking back with you all later.
  • Would love to join you...
    I to have over a 100 lbs. to lose and need all the help I can get!

I am currently at 262 with a high of 300 in October of this year - yikes! I am also following WW flex. I am 43, married 19 years with 2 daughters (17, 15).

I look forward to getting to know you all.

Jill
  • Yippee Lois! guess I need to get up and WATP now to keep up with you!

Hi Jill a big ol' welcome to you! I look forward to getting to know you better and glad you joined us. We seem to have quite a bit in common age wise, the ages of our kids, and our weight-loss plan, including the starting weight. You seem to have done well sticking with it!

Sheila
  • Maysmav, the "report in" is a good idea. The holidays got me all off kilter and schedule, but now I can get back into a routine again, especially since the kids are back in school

I'll do the "check in" tonight and see if it moves my hiney. Seems like our house has so much going on all of the time I never have time for me, but that's an EXCUSE so I am going to make that time today!

You know, there's no reason why the rest of the family can't help me make more time for myself, either.

What will I do tonight? Go for a walk? I think so.
  • intro...
    Hello, everyone!

I'm so excited that I found this site this morning. =)

I'm CoCo. I am a 28 year old, full time student in Michigan. I have just over 100 pounds to lose. Right now I weigh 265 pounds. My immediate goal is to get under 200 pounds, but I plan (hope, pray!) to lose 100 pounds by the end of the year.

I don't really have an eating plan in place. I'm starting off with the obvious--eating more veggies, less fast food, etc. I'm very out of shape so I'm starting from scratch with my 1-mile Walk Away the Pounds tape. I remember how proud I was when I made it up to the 3-mile tape last year...I'm looking forward to that again. =)

You all have a blessed day! Happy New Year. =)
    c.