LAWL Losers & Friends - January 2006

You're on Page 5 of 102
Go to
  • Morning all! I was glad to see that I am back to my pre NYE weight this morning. Also since it is TOM, and I have not had a BM for 3 days . Sorry, TMI, I know. Anyway, I plan to just keep staying Op all week, get through TOM, and I will wait to go to COD until Friday. I am really hoping for a loss by then. I would really like to get back to the old 2 lbs a week that I used to get.

Dog Update: According to A&E there is a brand new Dog on tonight. It looks good, too. Beth goes, well, Beth on this girl.

Mary- I feel for you. My DH will do something like tell one of the kids that they cannot play with the daycare kids for the whole day, because they were hurting someone, and then leave for work. Like I can really enforce something like that? Talk about make ME miserable.

Shennie- 13 hours? How long do you have to do that?

Have a great POP day everybody!
  • shennie - Thanks ... so far so good ...

Katie - I can't belive that your DH would put that sorta unneeded stress on you ... how are you supposed to keep your child away from the other kids all day

I have a TO question ... I have an older version of whatever it was called back a few years ago ... does the newer version limit your water intake to exactly 64 ozs a day ?
  • Morning, chicks!

Welcome to the newbies!

I have not faced COD this week either - I am OP, but I don't want to go -- I'm in one of those weird moods! So I'm thinking of putting myself on hold this week.

Shennie - as a friend used to tell me - if those hours don't kill you - it'll make you stronger! BTW - I use flour tortillas that are 80 cals - just about the same as a mini pita (I just don't like the taste of corn tortillas that much)

Katie - there was a Dog marathon last night - I think it was 3 full hours!

Tina and Heather - I'm a pisces, too - gotta love us.

Tina - I love it when they don't have to move those big blocks over anymore -- especially when the nurse thinks it's the other way - she starts too heavy, and then she has to move it DOWN.

Hugs to all!
    Julie
  • Hi,
    I would like to introduce myself. My name is lynn and my 2nd baby is now 3 months old. I have 40lbs to lose. (personal goal) LAWL has 36lbs. So far I am not losing the 2 lbs a week, I'm not always perfect but I am recommitting today. I really do like this diet.
    The only problem is that I can't always get to the center 2Xs a week (they put that in my contract instead of 3) With the weather being cold and rainy or my oldest sick it's hard to schlep them out all the time.
    I know once I get back to work in March it will be even more difficult.
    I'll try my best though.
    What happens if I don't reach my goal in the time they allow?
    Otherwise, I really do like the diet, I need support and I have to really follow it. Good luck to all!
  • Happy New Year
    Hey Chicks - Hope you all had a great New Years Eve and Day.....Not too much (lol)

I haven't had time to read the Januray thread yet. Had to go to a customers office this morning and pick up some big money

I want to report that "finally" I am back on plan I'm so happy to stop the crazy way I was eating - I really over-did it........

Norissa - I got up the nerve and this morning I put a search team together to locate my scale......AND I weighed....Ticker is correct

Went on my recumbent bike for 30 minutes yesterday. Then this a.m. did my ab tape, bunn & thigh roller and 25 on recumbent bike.....I feel energized. (My foot held up just fine - had on the surgery shoe.....) I figure I'll have to hit the exercise pretty hard before the next surgery.......

Welcome to all the newbies, hope to get to know you soon. Don't let me annoy you - it's just the way I am.....

Hugs to all the oldies and here's knowing we are all gonna make our goals this year. (Well with the exception of the smarty pants that already did that )
  • Hey Guys....I was like "wow where did they all go?" Then I was like "Hmmmm...could they have started another forum for thr new year???" lol....wellll duh.....anyways.....Hope You all had a great New Years! I did!!! Anyways....haven't been to the COD I sgould have gone yesterday but had to go into work a bit earlier ...and I should have gone today as welll...but was too lazy..but will go tommarow....I have been doing ok...fell off the wagon very few times...but wasn't that bad. My goal is to loose 10 lbs a month guys is that tooo much??? I missed you alll.....hello to all the new chickies.....awwwwwwwwwwwwww GTG bye bye....Kiss Kiss
  • There is an interesting segment starting today on the Today show. Al Roker is going to lose 20 lbs in the next 10 weeks. He has 2 trainers. One is the author of "The 3 Hour Diet" which focuses on eating mini meals every 3 hours, and the other is the author of a book about stretching and muscles. I want to follow this one and see how Al does.
  • Star - I broke out my scale this AM and was not at happy about the number I saw I decided that this time around I am going to work with mini goals so that the number doesn't seem so big ... trying to trick myself (Hey whatever works) I am doing TO (or whatever the version I have is called) Hopefully I will have an excellant start to get and keep me motivated !
  • Mary - Stop using the Listerine...that is probably making it worse....
  • Mary- My sis has been experiencing something similar, she went to the doc yesterday, it is strep throat. Ask the gyno tomorrow!
  • Geez - We must be at the right place, I have been frozen several times becuz the 'server' is too busy........
  • On the topic of cooking for a family, I really struggled with this at first and I still do occasionally because my family likes variety and was always used to that. In the past, of course, I still always had the old standards like chili, tacos, tator tot hot dish, and so on, but now I have found a few new favorites that have replace the old standards. At my house we love making hobo burgers w/ carrots and potatoes and it’s very simple. All you have to do is:
    Pat out (4) 4oz. lean ground beef patties
    Place each on foil sprayed with Pam
    Cut up ½ of potato on the LAWL approved one and a whole potato each on the rest
    Put on your baby carrots (I do 12 on my and count it as 2V)
    Pour a little bit of water on
    Wrap the foil around it and bake @ 350 for 1 hour and 15 min.
    Cut a whole in one end and drain
    Unwrap and eat.
    I count it as 1P, 1S, and 2V. I also like adding a little light salt, pepper and ketchup. I would highly recommend the Philly steak sandwich from the LAWL cookbook or it’s also on their web page. I’ll make au jur sauce for my husband to dip his sandwich into. I also like making chicken kabobs with fresh mushrooms and green peppers. I alternate the three ingredients on a skewer and brush with Light Done Right Italian dressing and grill. I’ll reserve some of the dressing for dipping too. My husband and 4 year old both love these.

In response to the comments on the “new” cookbook. The one I looked at was very different from the old one. There are a lot of new recipes, some of the old recipes and some revised old recipes in it. There is even a recipe in it for brownies (I copied the recipe, but have not tried it yet, but could post it if anyone wants it)! Last night I made the crepe recipe from the new cookbook. I put strawberries and FF cool whip on it. It was a great alternate dessert that I’ve been craving!
  • I'm sitting here munching my lunch (Lean Cuisine Panini sandwich which is soooo good! ) and reading all of the posts. Ya'll were busy yesterday!!

As for the fish tacos, I have been so curious. I walked past the tilapia at Super WalMart yesterday and thought about it again. Now, reading Mary's recipe, it makes me think that I should at least give it a whirl. Gary (from Biggest Loser Season 1) even has a fish taco recipe in this week's People magazine! It must be a sign!

Mary, it sounds like fever blisters or ulcers to me. If that is the case, rinse with warm salty water - it should help dry them up. However, it could be strep, too. When oldest DD had strep last time, she had huge sores in her mouth, on the roof of her mouth and on her tongue. It was miserable for her until the antibiotics kicked in!

Shennie - I agree with you on the 30 calorie tortillas! 2 should be 1 starch! Also, I can't wait to hear about your results with TurboJam.

I just keep reminding myself that slow and steady wins the race. Of course, I want the weight of yesterday, but that isn't going to happen. There is absolutely no way that I will not lose weight if I just follow my program as it is written. It will happen! I am going to hit the COD tomorrow and check on my progress - time to get that scale moving downward!:

Andi
  • That fish taco sounded so good that I had to go out in the snow today to buy tilapia- we're having them tonight! Id love to see the brownie recipe..my center is out of the loop then and calling the OLD cookbook the NEW one..

When I asked, they seemed puzzled, then handed me theirs and said it was revised. DUH.... Thats why this board is awesome..if we waited for our centers to tell us everything, we'd be waiting a LONG time, LOL!

When do they say the new flavors are due out?
  • "New" cookbook????

Tell... tell...

I don't think I used the one that I have but a few times. I would love to see some new options...