Valentine Vixen Challenge

You're on Page 1 of 16
Go to
  • Lets get started, jump in when you are ready. Be it today, or Jan 1st. Everyone is welcome.

All you have to do is post your goals, your daily menu's and hang out for support.

Im ready, I know you're ready Lacey....who else?
  • Alright....Ive thought about my goals, and here they are.

1. I will be wearing my size 14 jeans by Feb 14/06
    2. My size 12 skirt will be what I will wear when Hubby and I go out for Valentine's Day Supper.(skirt is a big 12)
    3. My size 14 dress pants will fit!!
    4. I will be well into Onederland by Valentine's day
    5. I will get my water in everyday
    6. I will remain on induction until Feb 14/06
    7. I will continue to try new recipes to keep from getting bored
    8. 2nd week of January I will incorporate weight lifting into my exercise program
    9. I will do at least 30 min of cardio, at least 3x a week.

That should do it....I think its very doable.......who's next?

Today's food plan

Breaky~ protein/fibre shake
    Lunch~ I havent a clue, I am sooooooooooooo not hungry and its almost 3pm
    Supper~ bits of roast beef and some green beans(or a shake depending on what I have for lunch)

Ive just thought of something else. If you have a camera, or a digital camera, take your picture on the day you start this challenge, and post it. On the 14th we will take another photo, and post it.....so we can see the changes! What do you think?
  • Great idea! I'll see if my mom will take my pic later or maybe I'll use the Christmas pic from yesterday since I'm starting today.

Robin, what's your reward? I don't know what my reward is yet, maybe just feeling damn good.

ok, your list is awesome Robin, I wish I could throw some weight training in too but I'd rather be able to walk LOL

#1 To weigh 175 by Valentines day
    #2 To drink at least 8-8oz glass of water a day
    #3 To increase walking to at least 5 miles a day by the 14th
    #4 Alcohol is only allowed once a month

just realized that I missed my Christmas goal of 20 lbs by 9 pounds and that 23 pounds is a very high bar but I'm shooting for it anyway.
  • I dont know yet either....maybe some matching earrings to go with my new necklace? But honestly, just having the scale move down, and my "baby" belly shrink is awesome enough at the moment!!

I dont blame you for wanting to walk!! I have to be careful with the weights, I get too gung-ho and hurt myself....then I feel sorry for myself, and before I know it, Ive sabotaged everything. So, it will be very slow going this time!
  • Thanks so much for starting this. I'll get my goals together and post ASAP.
  • I'm in starting the 1st.

My goal is to be in the 160 range by Valentines.

I'm not sure how I will set up my meals. I suppose I should get to thinking about it and writing it down so I don't grow tired with my immediate/last minute choices.

• OK, I've been thinking about this since I saw the post. I don't know that I'll be posting my meals every day since I already enter them in FitDay and because once the New Year is in and my 4 y/o's therapists and aid return, my online time is going to be quite limited again. I've become quite spoiled this last week having our house to ourselves .

So, I'm going with these goals (borrowed a couple from Robin ...
    * Will remain on induction until Feb. 14
    * Will continue to exercise 5x/wk (min. 5 hrs/wk now, 10 hrs/wk by Jan. 14, 15 hrs/wk by Feb. 14)
    * Will drink a min. of 100ozs water every day
    * Will be wearing size 14 jeans by Feb. 14
    * Will continue to try new recipes
    * Will be 167lbs (or less!) by Feb. 14/06

As soon as my other challenge is over, I'll change my ticker. Welcome Superstacy. There are a few of us now LOL. I'm an "IE" though, but just as super .
  • My goal is simple.

I am not going to put any numbers that are not out of easy reach.

#1 get OP
    #2 Drink
    #3 Start to exercise again
    #4 lose only 5 lbs (see easy goes)

but the problem is I have no bettery for the scale. (mental thing if I can not weigh I am not fat!!

See you all there!!!
  • Quote: but the problem is I have no bettery for the scale. (mental thing if I can not weigh I am not fat!!
    I like that!!!!!

Welcome SuperStacy!!

I got thru yesterday ok. Very stressfull tho!! I finally got hungry at around 9pm, so I guzzled some water, and got into bed by 10.

Today's plan

Lunch~ 2 eggs w/butter
    Supper~ left over roast beef and green beans

Might try to get some skating in today....if the weather holds up.
  • I'll make this a sticky for you girls
  • Thanks Leenie
  • Thanks Leenie!!

dh is off for the next 3 days. SO HARD to eat right with him around for some reason.

breakfast: eggs
    lunch: salad?
    supper: shake

just walked 3 miles. gotta go get a new dryer today because my 1972 dryer passed on this weekend. wish me luck finding a nice cheap one!

Lacey
  • Hi ladies,

I hope you don't mind if I jump in here with you. I've used Atkins in the past and I want to lose weight (again). Some work ladies are going to start a weight loss program through our local "Y", but it doesn't start until Jan 9th, so the Valentine Vixen challenge has good timing for me.

I want to be at 155.5 by 2/14

Would LOVE to be in size 10 by then

Reward - Special dinner out with DH (Filet Mignon - SO expensive, but I love it).
  • Welcome Morgaine!! The more the merrier!

I was having some serious issues with the fat lady yesterday! I made sure I voiced my issues with dh, and he was very good at helping me thru it. I made it, didnt over eat, and didnt get into the sugar! So it was a successful evening.

Today's plan

Lunch~ 2 eggs w/butter
    Supper~ chicken and broccoli

Snacks~ 2 oz cheese, cream cheese & jello
  • Morgaine: welcome aboard! filet mignon, eh? I've never had it, I'm such a hillbilly.

walked 3 miles this am

drank my alcohol for the month yesterday and the bad part is that it sucked...tasted awful.

breakfast: ate 2 eggs
    lunch: egg salad?
    supper: shake
    LOTS OF WATER. NO ALCOHOL.