Valentine Vixen Challenge

You're on Page 16 of 16
Go to
  • St.Patrick's day is my birthday, I'd loooooove to do a St.paddy's day challenge with everyone!!

B: hamburger, mayo, cheese & onions
    l: steak and veggies
    s: salad or shake
  • I took this idea from another board, what about having a St.Paddy's boot camp, and a cute little certificate of graduation if we hit our goal (to post in our siggy's of course!). Something to challenge each of us, push us to do our very best.....what do ya think?

Lacey
  • Sounds good to me Lacey

Did my workout today

Breaky~ lc yogurt
    Lunch~ nuffin....I forgot
    Supper~ taco salad
  • Scale was at 249 this morning first weigh in. So maybe in a couple of hours I'll have it a little lower than that. I'm hoping. I'm a little bummed out, I thought I set such a modest goal for Vday challenge, but even this morning I'm still 4 pounds above that goal, with only 3 days left to lose it! Still I gave it the best try I could, so I'm not going to complain. I'm still 7 pounds farther along than when I set the goal, so that is PROGRESS! I made up my mind when I started this whole thing that I was going to celebrate EVERY success. And 7 pounds IS success. Even if it didn't happen as quickly as I wanted it IS happening and that is what counts.

Still I have high hopes that I'll be able to report a new lower number today. My graph looks good. I'm only a half pound away from being 20 pounds smaller than I was on December 12th. Hey, who can complain about that? (Yeah I know I still do, but I shouldn't)...

Update: It is 8 o'clock PM right now. And I'm down to 248. So 3 more pounds for the Valentine's goal. I can't see me losing 3 pounds in 3 days, but it won't be for lack of trying!
  • Hello ladies!
    well, the goal date is getting closer I am still at 151...*sigh* 3 lbs to go! I dunno if I can do it but if not...i will be ok! I have had great success these past 6 weeks so i feel like a winner anyway! Here's what I ate today:

B: Ham roll & gum..hehe
    S: shake
    L: 2 chicken tacos
    D: Hamburger patty w/ LTO

I exercised yesterday and skipped today....I work out M-Sat and take a break on Sun
    God Bless you all!
    ~Becca
  • 247.5 today. Goal is 245. I doubt if I will make it by tomorrow. But we'll see when tomorrow comes.
  • I'm definitely not going to make it - but I think we can all agree I set a pretty unrealistic goal. I wish I had done better, though. I think I will keep my Valentine Vixen ticker on my signature until I hit it. Just as long as it doesn't take until Valentine's Day of 2007!!!
  • Yes. Pretty unrealistic. I thought I set mine within range, but I guess it was wishful thinking. If I had continued to lose at the same pace I was doing in January, I would have made it, but things do slow down... Oh well. I can still keep on trying. 2.5 more pounds should come off within a week or two.

You did well though Morgaine... 11 pounds is not something to be unhappy about!
  • Thanks, Sherry. I'm pleased. I could have done better, but it's my own fault that I didn't. I've had several "off the wagon" days (usually they happen on the weekend) that have stalled my progress. The first time it happened - it took me 4 days to get back into ketosis and start losing again. ARG!

As of today - I've lost 11.5# on the Valentine Vixen challenge. I've removed that ticker and will join up with whatever challenge comes up next.

I'd be interested in a St. Patrick's Day one, since I'm Irish.
  • I will go ahead and start a St.Paddy's challenge since there is some interest

I missed my goal by 10 lbs. but won't make excuses, I did lose SOME and didn't gain so that's alright.
  • Interesting, I went back and read my post when I first joined this challenge, on the 14th of January. I originally intended to lose 9 pounds for the challenge, and then increased it by 2 pounds because I wanted that nice round number (245). I still do. I still like round numbers. I shouldn't have increased it though. As it turns out I lost 8.5 pounds so I was only a half pound less than my original intentions.

So maybe 9 pounds for the St. Paddy's day challenge will be right about on target! (give or take a half a pound).
  • Yippie!
    Here's my before:

Here's my after:

I lost 18 lbs and 18.5 inches total Hooray!! Sorry...i'm not smiling in my after pic but I am really happy that I've lost this weight!
  • Looks like you lost a lot of it around the butt, hips and thighs area. I can definitely tell your legs look smaller. Keep it up! You are doing great!
  • Thank you!! I am super excited about my success!
    Quote: Looks like you lost a lot of it around the butt, hips and thighs area. I can definitely tell your legs look smaller. Keep it up! You are doing great!