Need some encouragement

• I have been doing really well with eating well. I am not really on a diet, because diets are short term. What I am doing is for life. I had a bit of a challenge today. For breakfast instead of the regular oatmeal and peanut butter, I had scrambled eggs with basil, parm and tomatoes. I also had a wee portion of hashbrowns and a half a piece of corn bread. I had small controlled portions of each. Then for lunch, since it was the last day of work, we ordered chinese. Well the last few months I have had only healthy choices for chinese. Chicken and broccoli, pepper steak, etc... Nothing fried, breaded, etc.. But today, I had General Tso (MY FAVORITE) and about a 1/4 cup of the fried rice. I even had 3 quarters of a spring roll. YUMMY. Then when I got home I had 2 chocolate chip cookies and some guac and corn chips. I also had yogurt(low fat), milk (skim) and a jonagold apple. I ran my food through my food journal analyzer and it told me I exceeded my calories by about 150 cals. No biggie, but I consumed 40% fat over all and had way too much sodium and cholesterol. Well I went over about 40 mg with cholesterol, so no biggie. I didn't make the best choices today, but I have done really well over all the last few months. I did spectacularly for Thanksgiving. I will do well again tomorrow and Christmas day. I just really want to do well. I want to be healthier, not just look better. I have felt wonderfully. I am noticably losing weight. Everyone tells me that. I do need to exercise. I am doing horribly at that. But plan on going to a gym starting in January. I want to go twice a week at first and then build up to 4 times a week. It's hard with a little one and I have a part time job for tax season, plus I work full time to boot. My hubby is in school for his Master's. I am determined to do well and have life long results this time.

Thanks for reading.
  • Don't beat yourself up over a small slip up! You are doing great and I'm glad to see that you are keeping track of the nutritional value of the foods you eat, rather than just the total calories.

I think there is something about Chinese food that really stimulates the appetite! I had some the other day (the first time in about a year) and I was ravenous afterwards.

Keep up the good work - you'll soon be back on track
  • Libby - don't be too hard on yourself. You have a great attitude and that above anything else is what will get you to your goal. Congrats on keeping your head in the right place. We're all here for you!
  • Libby, good for you, girl! The fact that you logged everything is huge... you KNOW where you're at. Many of us go into "avoidance mode" when we overindulge.

Chinese food is a killer. We had some last night, and I was NOT good. I'm up a pound this morning, so I'm going to pull myself together and get back on track!