The Discovery Health Channel's National Body Challenge 2006

• Anyone thinking of doing this? I signed up last year but was in a clinical trial they didn't want me to change what I was eating or my exercise routine. It was basically wasted on me. You also get a free 8 week trial to Bally's health club.

I'll do it again this year for sure and actually work with it. I've hit a really long stall...which I don't mind at all because I'm not gaining any weight either. This is the longest I've ever kept weight off.

Sarah

http://health.discovery.com/converge...out/about.html
  • I signed up last year but had to drop out asap! There's no Bally fitness near me and my local fitness club was sooo expensive, I couldn't afford it.
    It's a good challege for anyone who has Bally near them. Good luck if you choose to do this!

emerald dragonfly
  • I just signed up. I did it last year and did it with my daughter. I exercised at home. I had read that the Bally people were rude to the Challengers when they went in to sign up for the free membership. You don't have to have a Bally's to join in the challenge.

It was fun to log into the Discovery website each day and see if I had exercised more than my daughter or not. We are both doing it again this year.
  • grammpaula: I think that's wonderful you signed up with your daughter. A couple of years ago my mom and I signed up - needless to say, neither of us lasted very long.

I completely forgot about this, but just remembered maybe half an hour ago lol.

I signed up for the 2007 challenge, and I e-mailed it to my mom.

We did go to a Bally's (a few times before we just stopped all together). I went a couple more times than she did, but I didn't find it so much as the employees there, but I found it very intimidating with the other gym goers.

I don't remember the "sign-up" staff as I believe this was the 2005? one. I do remember though that one of the guys taking me around, showing me the ropes, was absolutely awesome. I suppose it just really varies.

You are right, though, there is nothing wrong with working out at home