Tempting Tuesday menu, Dec. 13

• OMG, well we're having a little group breakfast in the morning -- just 5 of us who sit close to each other. Here's the menu so far: sausage/egg casserole, kolaches (me), cinnamon rolls, hashbrown casserole, and a coffee cake. I might also make some bacon or sausage, because it seems like we have more sweets than anything. This could be trouble!!!

Then here's the rest of the day:

Lunch: pinto beans and sliced tomatoes

Dinner: BIG salad

Snacks, if needed: deviled egg, Simply Jif PB
  • What are kolaches? and can I have some?
  • frouf, some kolaches are a pastry with fruit. my favorite kolaches are sausages with sort of a biscuit cooked around it. (not a very colorful description but they are good.)

my bfast will be boring in comparison.

b--cheerios/milk/splenda
    not sure about the rest of the day. i just wanted to get started here.
  • We had the sausage kolaches. I wanted to get some fruit too, but didn't dare because I knew I would eat them all on the way to work! So anyway, I had a little bit of hashbrown casserole (Cracker Barrel recipe), a little 2" square of egg/sausage casserole, a little glass of orange juice, and 4 sausage kolaches.
  • I never had a sausage kolache but I bet it was great. BTW, I need new glasses but I could still read that little stuff at the end of your sentence!
  • Not core, but here's todays menu
    BF-raisin bran with skim milk
    Lunch-natural peanut butter, sugar free strawberry spread on light whole wheat (35 calories per slice)
    Snack-all bran granola bar
    Dinner-Lean Cuisine and skinny cow ice cream sandwich
    Snack-mini bag 94% ff popcorn
    I know there's no veggies or fruit, but I'm kindof burned out right now. I'll eat some tomorrow.
  • Wow - never heard of kolaches before - will have to eventually find some and taste test them for myself - but they do sound yummy!

My feeble attempt so far:

Breakfast: 2 pkgs instant oatmeal w/sf vanilla syrup and light cream, decaf w/light cream

Lunch: steamed white rice w/chicken guy ding, 2 tangerines, green tea
    about 5 little cookies from the basket near the printer!!!

Dinner: have some chicken breast marinating and rainbow trout in the fridge as well - so it's either chicken or fish? w/veggies (broccoli?) and ??

Hoping to stay in tonight and have a calm, relaxing evening (is that even possible?)

frouf
  • b-
    ususal
    1pt
    l-
    few ww crackers
    diet pop
    s-
    turkey
    carrots
    mashed potatoes
    bun
    (not going to have stuffing its stovetop stuffing and I dont care for it)
    dessert is cake topped with berrie and coolwhip not to bad I guess....
    juice
    *its our staff party tonight adn boss is cooking..I will behave I will behave I will behave!!
  • b--cheerios, milk, splenda
    l--shrimp, potatoes, green beans, 2 biscuits (big lunch!!)
    d--ff pizza
    s--honey crisp apple