Just started LAWL

• Hi everyone! My name is Stephanie. I'm a 27 year old SAHM of a wonderful 9 month old boy named Samuel. I weigh 160 and would like to get down to 130. I joined LAWL this Wed. and just finished my 2 days of take off. I had my program explanation today and was put on the purple plan without lites. Right now, I'm just trying to look everything over and try to figure out some good meals to make. I'm not a big veggie eater so this may be a little difficult in the beginning. I realized that I have been eating way too many starches so it may be hard to cut them down to 2 a day but I'll do my best. I look forward to getting to know all of you!

Stephanie
  • Hi Stephanie, and This is a great place to come for support, ideas, questions, friendship, etc. It may be hard at first to cut back on your starches, but you will get used to it. The less sugar you eat, the less you body craves it. I like to use pita pockets for sandwiches, tacos, fajitas, pizza, and stuff like that. Half a whole grain pita is one starch. Buy the pre split ones. I cannot ever split the other ones. Come on over to the friends and losers thread and introduce yourself. I posted OP (on plan) Shephards Pie yesterday. I was thinking that you could also use mashed cauliflower instead of potatoes to eliminate the starch entirely. Good luck, Katie
  • Hi Stephanie - I started LAWL at 166 and now weigh 126! You can do it!

I also HATE veggies, so for the first few months I'd eat big salads and maybe some carrots or cucumbers. That's about it - now I rarely even get my veggies in at all - bad, I know. If you like V8 juice, try that - I did but YUK.
  • Hi Stephanie - and WELCOME -- and good luck on the program!

I have much more problems with fruit than veg -- and I'm with you, Kim, V8 juice is YUCK.

Can you sneak them into things that you cook? I use the frozen bagged mixtures a lot - I always stock up when they are on sale, and then cook them with meat --

Julie