Guess what Im doing today....?

• Im going on the :Holiday Train: I can't wait..my SIL phoned me late last night and invited me to go it with her and her grandchildren....Im so excited. I watch this every year and now I actually get to go on it...yahooooo

"Two brightly decorated Holiday Trains – one in Canada, the other in the U.S. Northeast and Midwest - will again be collecting food and money and raising awareness for local food banks. Each train will be decorated with hundreds of thousands of LED Christmas lights to help focus on this important initiative. Since its launch in 1999, the Holiday Train has collected 378 tons of food and more than $1.9 million CDN for North American food banks. " quote

There are entertainers on board who sing at each stop along the way..and all the money and food collected stays in the local area..its a great cause! If its coming your way,,take the time to see it..its amazing seeing a train lit up with all these lights!
  • Oh I want to know more! Does it come to Chicago? Is there a website?
  • Yep, it sure does!

http://www8.cpr.ca/cms/English/Gener...t+schedule.htm
  • That sounds like fun! Stay warm!
  • Have fun Patti. It's too far North for me. I bet it would have been fun. So do you stay on the train for the whole trip? I'm going to go read more. I had never heard of this before.
  • Im leaving in an hour...cant wait!! No Im on it till we get to the next town Vickie. About an hour and a half. On a train full of excited kids thats just about long enough...haha. We get picked up in the next town and brought back home in a school bus...have I said Im so excited?? haha
  • awesome, patti!!
  • Cool! Our local railroad does a "Polar Express" run every year, and we're going on it again. The kids get to go in their jammies, eat cookies, drink hot chocolate and have the book read to them while the train heads to the North Pole. Each child gets a visit with Santa and a bell to take home too.