Oatmeal cookie recipe?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I apologize if this post is in the wrong place! (Please tell me where I should post this if it should move.)

Does anyone have a CORE oatmeal cookie recipe? I looked in the "desserts" section and saw cakes, puddings, etc; (I want to try those peppermint patties!!) -- but oatmeal cookies sound *really* good about now. -- It's snowing in New England: a good night to curl up with the family, make some cocoa (s/f ff for me!) and some cookies.....

I need a sub for the butter/shortening that would go in my regular recipe - and the flour too!
  • Stef I don't know! I'm sure somebody has one or could tell you some suggestions to try.
    I bought the ingredients for the peppermint patties, and hope to make them this weekend! I'll let you know how they turn out.
  • Stef, I'm a Core recipe junky and haven't found any. I've given up and eat the Natural Ovens brand of Oatmeal raisan. I think they are 2 points but they have fiber and are real sweet and satisfying. Here's the cookie that I eat. http://www.naturalovens.com/Shop/Bak...n_Cookies.html I keep them frozen until I'm ready to eat them. I see they are available in Kentucky.
  • ww cookies....
    I went on the ww on-line tool thingie this morning and tried for a recipe... *they* don't even have core cookie recipes! but I found the chocolate cookie recipes, they have a 1 point brownie that sounds good.
    Can you tell I'm a recovering carb junkie
  • Yeah, I understand, Stef. I like the Natural Ovens cookies because the sunflowers in there remind me of nuts. I'm missing nuts also.
  • I found this for you ~ I haven't tried them btw but wanted to pass them along ~

HTH

Karen

Core Oatmeal Cookies

1 cup quick oats
    1/2 cup Splenda
    1/4 tsp. cinnamon (or to taste)
    1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese
    2 egg whites
    1/4 tsp. baking soda
    1/8 tsp. baking powder
    1/2 tsp. vanilla

In a medium bowl, mix together oats, Splenda and cinnamon. In a blender or food processor blend cottage cheese, egg whites, baking soda, baking powder and vanilla until very creamy. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and let rest 5 minutes to allow oatmeal to absorb the liquids. There is a lot of variation in different brands of oatmeal and cottage cheese, so you may have to add a little bit of oatmeal (or skim milk) if the batter looks too runny (or stiff).

Spray a cookie sheet with cooking spray. Place batter by spoonfuls about 2 inches apart. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes until cookies are firm. Leave on cookie sheet 3 minutes before removing, otherwise they will stick. Makes one dozen soft cookies.

Banana Cookies - Substitute one ripe banana for the cottage cheese.

Pumpkin Cookies - Substitute 1/2 cup canned pumpkin for the cottage cheese. Use pumpkin pie spice in place of the cinnamon.

Apple Cookies - Substitute 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce for the cottage cheese. Fold in 1/2 of a peeled, finely chopped apple after the wet and dry ingredients are combined.

This is not considered Core:

Raisin Cookies - Add 1/8 cup of raisins (or dates) to any of the above recipes, which will add only 1 point for the whole batch.

Coconut Cookies - Omit the cinnamon and add 1/2 tsp. coconut extract to the wet ingredients. Press 1 tablespoon of coconut to the tops of the cookies after they are on the cookie sheet. This adds one point for the entire batch. -by Brookie
  • Thanks Karen!
  • *dance of joy!!*
    Thank you *soooo* much!!
  • I made them tonight with the pumpkin variation and I thought they were pretty bad. They didin't taste very sweet at all.
  • Kim, I like everything very, very, sweet. I've taken to 1 1/2ing or doubling the Splenda in almost all the recipes that I make. I know Splenda's probably not good for me but it's better for me to lose the weight and then try to cut back on the Splenda.
  • These cookies were pretty nasty though, in my opinion. Maybe they would be better with a different variation, but I wouldn't recommend the pumpkin.
  • I went ahead and posted the recipe on our recipe board, so that we'll have it there. Maybe someone could do some sweetness tweaking?
  • My WW leader just gave us a recipe for 1 pt cookies. Not core... but close! I pkg. Spice Cake mixed with 1 can of pumpkin. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 until done - about 8-10 minutes. 2 cookies are 1 pt.!!!!! With a little ff cool whip - they are delicious!
  • Core Oatmeal Recipe from Below...
    I just made these a few minutes ago. I have to say, the consistency is a little strange, but it gets the job done. Satisfying and sweet. I did the plain oatmeal ones (no variation), but had no ff cottage cheese, so I sub'd it for 1/4 c. ff sour cream and 1/4 c. ff/sf yogurt. sort of tastes marshmallow-ey, if you will.
    Anyway, I think theyre worth a try if you're craving a cookie!
  • I tried the banana recipe and it wasn't bad. It smells better than it tastes. But for zero points, not bad!