I'm type 1 diabetic

• I am 22 and have been type 1 diabetic since early teens. I admit, at times, I have been a 'poor' diabetic. I suffered anorexia, bulimia and compulsive over exercising all whilst being diabetic.

In recent years... after all the adolescent tantrums and 'why me!?' i am chosing to be more responsible. My cholesterol and blood pressure are both good but trying to balance my blood sugars seems to be a mammouth task for me. I am not overweight although it wouldn't hurt to loose some poundage. I am also from the Uk so I know blood readings are different.

I was wondering if i could tag onto your diabetes threads so that you far wiser people can give me a good kick up the back side when i slip into my 'I WILL NOT DO THIS!' moments!? I would also love to have someone critique my diet and balance on a daily basis...

what do you think??
  • hi penguina come over to the thread for diebetics and we will help you and you a kick once in while. ttfn glen
  • Hello I am also a 22 year old diabetic (type 1) and have been since I was 11. I can empathise with being a "poor" diabetic. I have struggle with weight gain almost from the beginning and am attempting to get my sugar under control while losing weight. I'm not much wiser but can offer incouragement.
    vanilla_sky_ak
  • Welcome to this section of the forum!