Tyra Banks Yesterday!!

• Did anyone watch the Tyra Banks show yesterday??? I caught a little bit of it.
    She was disguised as a 350lb woman, that did a weird dating thing, and she wanted to see the guys reactions. OK so I didn't watch much of it, but I think it is ridiculous. I mean seriously the lady is really tall, and then put her in a 350 lb fat suit, of course she is going to look huge. Why couldn't they have done a lesser amount. Like , oh..i don't know... 260-280. I think that would have been much better.
  • I wanted to see that, but I had class.
  • yes, I saw it it was quite informative
  • Quote: I wanted to see that, but I had class.

I took it (at first glance) to mean that you are a Classy Lady and so don't watch trash TV
  • I thought it was in bad taste personally. She had two ladies on there and then one of them comforted her for having to go through all the pain of being discriminated against for her weight, she didn't even let the two heavy girls talk hardly , it was all about how hard it was for her to be "fat". She might have had to deal with it for a few hours but at the end of the day she could take it off immediatly.
  • I watched the whole thing and thought it was just wrong. I can't really put into words and explain it, but I didn't like it. And I also saw on Entertainment Tonight how next week they are having one of their hosts who is a former beauty queen get all dressed up and disguised as a fat person to hit the streets to get people's reactions. What the heck? We all know how society feels about overweight people. I feel it's just another way to make us and everyone else aware that we look different, big deal!
  • I didn't see it... I mean it's not like it's going to change Tyra's life, when is she ever going to weigh 350 pounds?
    And it's very true we all know how society treats heavier people...we don't need Tyra in a fat suit to prove the point again.
  • Its all done for ratings. You don't actually think she's concerned about what happens to over weight people

Its just another trashy show of how low can you go.

JMHO
  • Leenie,
    I just saw the prayer quote at the end of your post. I really love that. I have to remember to pray for help more often. I think sometimes we just don't see weight as something to pray about but it really is. Thanks....Sis
  • I second that Sis!
  • Quote: I took it (at first glance) to mean that you are a Classy Lady and so don't watch trash TV
    Lol, oh no I had an actual class. And I happen to watch Jerry Springer (I don't think you can get any trashier than that).
  • Quote: I watched the whole thing and thought it was just wrong. I can't really put into words and explain it, but I didn't like it. And I also saw on Entertainment Tonight how next week they are having one of their hosts who is a former beauty queen get all dressed up and disguised as a fat person to hit the streets to get people's reactions. What the heck? We all know how society feels about overweight people. I feel it's just another way to make us and everyone else aware that we look different, big deal!
    I've watched some of the "investigation" on ET and a bit of Trya's show.....I really don't see the point. I guess since this is sweeps, they needed something other than celebrity gossip to talk about.
  • I saw that part, and I wanted to punch Tyra for crying. It was so stupid. And I agree that the "investigation" didn't find out anything new. Tyra Banks is SO groundbreaking.