LAWL: Friends and Losers - Nov 2005

You're on Page 20 of 54
Go to
  • Katie - sorry to hear about the puppy. Hope that you can save it! Its hard to watch something so small suffer from something so awful. Had to come back and add wooohoooo to losing 3.4 lbs. Awesome! (thanks deets your post made me remember!)

As for Olive Garden....it is my absolute favorite place. I love love their salad! My favorite is the tour of italy. I love to switch it up all the time. I have not been there in a long long time. I have to go to Boise or Ogden, Utah for the closest one. I personally am hoping they will build one in Twin. Hey we have an outback! LOL But then again it would probably be my downfall.
  • Thanks, chicks for joining me in my celebration! (I took a NAP today - I was just jangly and grumpy, and decided SLEEP was the answer - I feel much better!)

I'm an Olive Garden Fan, too -- I usually go around Christmas for dinner with friends - I wonder what I'll order this time...

Katie - I am so sorry about the puppy - I am sure that no one could take better care of her than you..

Luckyme - Welcome! Where are you located? (I'm betting IDAHO!)

JLynn - yes, it is true that traffic makes a big difference in driving times around DC - did you live here? I loved Elko, too, and that whole I-80 route thru northern Nevada -the Ruby Mountains - lovely. Of course, Reno is like no other city..

Deets- WOOHOO - you go, chickie!

Sy - Jen (Auditgirl) posted on Star's card -so she's still out there --not sure what's happened to Mandy or Athena?

Beanie - Ogden UTAH??? Isn't that like close to Salt Lake?? You guys DO drive farther!

Okay, you Idaho chicks-what is CSI?

I agree with the Dog repeats - I think I've seen the Colorado one about 10 times.

Julie
  • Julie - Ogden is actually closer than boise! And yes its close to SLC about 40 miles I think. CSI - College of Southern Idaho a two-year college in Twin Falls, Idaho there is also outreach centers in Hailey, Burley, etc.
  • Welcome to the forum Luckyme!
  • Mentul77, and congratulations on 14lbs so far! Keep up the good work.

Lucky me - hope you enjoy this site as much as I have so far.

Impatient one- hang in there, it takes time, but it's definately worth it

deets - congratulations on a great weigh in.

I wish I could get myself motivated that way too. That's why I'm glad I found this site. You all are so helpful. I'm finding getting back on the program a little more difficult than I expected it to be. It was actually easier the first time around. But I am determined to get going. It wasn't easy last night I had a Rotary Thanksgiving dinner to go to, and even after saving both my starches and my fat, along with 2 veggies, a protein & a fruit I still ended up eating what I shouldn't. Then of course I get all the negative comments from my "friend" saying "Why are you doing that again? Those bars are so expensive and do they really do anything?" I guess she forgot about the first 55lbs I lost 3yrs ago.

I started myself on the purple plan again, but I don't know if I should actually be on gold. I forgot how much more protein there is on purple compared to gold. I guess I will see how it goes for a couple of weeks then change it.

Good luck to everyone and keep up the good work

Denise

• WOW KATIE- YOU ROCK!!!! I swear, I think a little "fallin' off the wagon" here and there seems to be the magic pill for many- 3.4 pounds is AMAZING!
  • I was down 2.6 today! Some of that may be due to the fact that I donated blood this morning but I don't know. I get to see my 1st month measurements next week. I feel like the only place I've lost is in my chest. I can't wait to know the truth.

Thank you all for the warm welcome and I hope the puppy has some fight in her and pulls through!
  • WTG Metul thats great!
  • Thanks for all the support re. my trip next week. I guess I made it pretty clear that I wasn't looking forward to going - I didn't realize I used the word "HATE" quite that many times. It's just that this is the first time I have travelled alone AND I don't enjoy flying. Luckily I shouldn't have to travel too much with work. Our next planned vacation is to North Carolina in May 2006, so I have time to get over these flights prior to that!

Julie, mentul77 & Deets - Congrats on the GREAT losses!

Katie - I am so sorry to hear about Suzy. I hope you are successful with your nuturing. On a lighter note, CONGRATULATIONS on your loss this week!

I agree with those of you who said they thought Matt looked great with his short hair on BL. Suzy has always been my favorite (and no, it's not because of her name - there was a Suzanne on the show at the start too!) - I hope she wins!?!

I have another question for you guys. I find that I am stuffing myself in order to get in my daily nutrition requirements. I am on Gold w/ Lites so I get 2P 3V 3F 2S 1D 1Fat 2LA Lites. This is what I've missed since starting:
    Sun - 1/2P,V,F
    Mon - V (only because I forced myself to eat a banana (2F) and 1 tbsp. sunflower seeds (Fat) before bed)
    Tues - 2V, 1/2D
    Weds - F (so far, but I am so stuffed from eating a big dinner with P & 2V)

Has anyone run across this? I go WI tomorrow so I will enquire, but like to know what thoughts you guys have. As well, do you get your 1/4 tsp. of salt substitute in every day? I find it so strange to salt my food as I never really used salt before. I didn't use any on either Mon. or Tues.

HELP! Not sure if the weight isn't going down very quickly because (1) I am eating too much; (2) I am not eating enough; (3) I am not getting the salt in; or (4) I don't always get all 8 glasses of water in.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
  • Bobby _ They told me at my center its very important to eat everything on the list. That if I did not eat everything they would not gaurantee weight loss. I would definately consult with them about how you feel. It is also important to drink the water! About the salt I just use it on my protien if I have to on my eggs in the morning etc.

Here I am saying that knowing that as of 3pm tonight I had not eaten 1 thing all day. I was just not hungry. Think it was because of having to go but not able to that whole bm thing again. Since then I have had 1 6in turkey sub (2S double meat - 2 protien?!! If I liked lettuce and tomato etc on my sandwich I could have gotten more veggies in but i just like meat, onions, light mayo and vinegar), 1 banana, a diet pepsi, 4 oz v8 juice, baked lays chips (2S). I have not eaten 3v, 2f, 2dairy, P. ARGGGGGGGGGGGGG its 7:30 now. what a nut!!!

Beanie
  • suzanne.

i know it can be hard to get your food in and i sometimes have to do a big binge at supper to make sure i get it in, but you shouls alway try to get it in. I had the same problem and was told from the center that if i didnt eat all the food, my body would go into starvation mood and stop burning fat, and there for i would not lose as fast. difletly talk to the center, they were great in giving me ideas on how to get everything in.

Katie: i am so sorry for what your going threw with the puppy. i have gone threw it before. my heart is with you.

i dont know if this is common or not, but every time i go to do take off the night before i have something greasy and bad for me, and them boom!! the weight comes off. Any ideas on this??

ow yeah, we had a new cente open up here, and i had a new lady weigh me, and i told her i was buying the lights off of ebay, and boy did i get the look . I never had this problem before, the girls are usually great.
    Im also trying to push the center into getting your new flavores of the lites up here for use to try.

well tommorow is truth time to see if i have lost any, i dont think i have, but we will see.

goodnight all
    angela
  • Hello All,

Congrats to everyone on their losses!!!

My very 1st 'offical' WI is tomorrow.

-S
  • At weigh in today the counselor gave me one of the new Caramel bars and it was great! The chocolate even seemed to be more chocolate that the others! Funny thing was, they didn't know they had received any of the new ones. They opened a box to give one out and the box felt heavy, the bar seemed bigger. One of them opened a bar and tasted it, finding out that it was one of the new ones.

I was down .4 of a pound. I am really hoping to shoot past 56 pounds down by Friday, but with just having started exercising I was surprised to even have a loss today. I'll take whatever I can get.

Hope everyone has good dreams tonight and a POP day tomorrow!
  • For the first day since I started I have eaten all of my food. I had a fruit bowl and 1 oz. cheese at 9:00 to fulfill my requirements. I will definitely talk to a counsellor tomorrow to see what they have to say re. not being hungry.

Thanks for the comments and support.
  • HI everyone! Thanks for you motivation! I have gotten great ideas from you all! Had WI and all total, down 3# since starting last week. Amazing after such a disappointing PS visit with a GAIN.

Katy-Way to go!! What an inspiration! My DH and I talked about Suzy...it is so awful! What breed? Wt? In the past, my mother had success (Goldens) with rice & cottage cheese with warm salted meat broth (for the electrolites). The intestine is so sensitive that you have to be so careful when bringing them back (about 14 days if all goes well). We used to have a Pet Supply in WI and heard of others having success as well, so hopefully with already having some of the shots, Suzy can rally. The common thread is the electrolites. I have even heard of some breeders using pedialyte. Just remember that the virus can still be viable at 6 months w/out a host. Mega sanitizing is on your agenda. Hang in there! My girls are rooting for Suzy too! Keep us posted.

Have a great day everyone!