LAWL: Friends and Losers - Nov 2005

You're on Page 10 of 54
Go to
  • Thanks for the encouragement Sy, Textjewel, and Sally.

Quick ? What does POP mean?

Have a great day!
  • POP=perfectly on program (or plan)
  • I just got back from the centre - they have me on the Gold program. I think that it will be OK, but am really uncertain about the LA Lites. I really don't want to have to use these every day, but want to ensure I am doing everything possible to lose the weight. What are your thoughts on the Lites?

They gave me a "coupon" to buy them bulk on Tues. but I don't want to have to pay hundreds of more dollars for bars and shakes. I assume that to buy a package here and there they are really expensive?!? Anyone know the price?

Today is Day 2 of Take Off - looking forward to getting it over and starting to eat real food again.
  • Julie~ it was a really wonderful event, it was for the local perforning arts school and thoseteeangers were wonderully talented. I ate 1 small meatball (very small) 1 chicken winget(tore off the skin though and it was really small, so i really had chicken peices ) 3 cheese cubes (mozerralla) and a huge amount of shrimp (the cocktail kind with the tail) I didn't touch any of the dipping sauces and i was so gald they had the shrimp to tied me over. Plus the bar was cash, so the $ kept me away from there. I must say I am proud of myself. And the scale told me thank you today by putiing me back down at my 166.8 again! (had 166.4 too, but I will go with the higher one)

Deets~ it killed me to go to gold from blue at first (even though I asked for it) because I lost 1 of my starches. I use to have a snack starch that I can waste on ice cream or la snacks, but truthfully that starch always got me into trouble. I just try to plan out my day better now without it and believe it or not there are even days were I will have a starch left over at dinner and not know what to do with it! Stick with it for a few days and see how you feel and how the scale reacts. Each change we make on this diet seems like it is one we will never get the hang of, but miraculously, somehow we eventually get used to it and it vecomes second nature. And for someone who has made her way down to a size 4 pants, this will be a piece of cake...well I guess cake wasn't the best analogy, so how about a piece of melba toast

Angel: good luck on WI. I haven't used any of the la suppplements. I do do a chewable calcium because I always have since i have never drank milk and EFA's but I get those from local stores. I tried those Excel like products before, but they get me really jittery and then I forget to eat within a half hour or something comes up and I can't and i begin to feel really sick.
    I know alot of people don't use the LA supplements because they are soooo expensive. If you really like them though and want to keep using them, nmaybe you should take a bottle with you to the local drug store and see if the pharmacists can show you something that is the same.
    Ok, I am really slow, I didn't know that there was different money in Canada, but know that I think about it, why would you want to use money with our President's faces on them...duh!

Mary~ you are the Queen of deals. I'm going to have to fly down there to go shopping with you one day With all I'll save shopping with you, the plane ticket wouldn't even mattter.

Have POP weekend everyone!
  • Hello!

I'm just checking in, because I needed to get something off my chest. I ate perfect yesterday, and weighed in at 177.6 at the center, so o.k. that's .2 down from Wednesday, but 4 lbs lost for the whole week. I'll take it. BUT, today, I wake up with a terrible full feeling in my bladder, and it hurts to use the bathroom. It feels like I have a bladder infection. I went to the center to buy some lites for my sil, and they wanted to weigh me since I said I felt full. They absolutely refused to weigh me with my jeans on, cause they said they weigh 2lbs by themselves. So, I weighed, and I was up.8, to 178.4. I knew I felt full, I'm wondering if it's pms, something I ate, or a dang on bladder infection. Whatever it is, it's the pits! I'm going to try the lemon water, and lie down and hope this fullness or whatever it is goes away! I'll talk to you ladies later, just wanted to do a quick update.
  • HI ALL,

SUZANNE: i know here in edmonton, if you buy one box a a time their are 19.98 per box. but i just bought 3 boxes off of ebay from someone in calgary and it was only 30.00 for 3. my advice to you is if you think ou are going to use them eithe buy in bulk you save about 6.oo per box, or buy 1 box and look on ebey. me and a friend go and we buy in bulk and split it.

Guess what im down 2.4 so that makes me at and past my 20 lbs down!!!!!!!!!

total of 20.2

then we went for a body wrap and lost 6.5 inches

time to go shopping

have a great day everyone
    angela
  • Mary- I feel your pain..Im ready to roast my DH as well...

Today he was um...."watching" the kids while I got things done inside. The neighbor kid was playing with my older two and next time I look out, they are on their side of the fence playing on their swingset (they live behind us). Come to find out when they came in later that my DH let them go into the neighbors house for an hour. My kids are only 6 and 4 and I dont even know the neighbors...never been in there house, nothing. I know their first names. I am REAMING my husband and he thinks he did nothing wrong allowing my kids to go into a stranger's house. He thinks I am overreacting, but I dont think you can be too careful these days. Just cos someone lives in your neighborhood doesnt mean you KNOW them...I think he is teaching them a horrible message and I am LIVID.

I told them next time, IF I EVER LET DH WATCH THEM AGAIN, that they dont just follow someone into their house, you tell them "My mom doesnt want me to go somewhere she doesnt know" and they need to ask ME...not my over lenient husband. Men can be real idiots. Rant over
  • Mary and deets~ hope you and hubby and soon! Before he forces you to become .

Kisha~ hope you feel better soon

Way to Go Angela
  • Neighbors
    Deets - I agree with you, you can't be too careful especially these days. Pull up the family watchdog site at http://www11.familywatchdog.us/ and let your husband check it out. You probably have a few molesters/rapist living around you. I live in a quiet neighborhood and there are over one hundred living near me. My policemen brothers make me take my pistol with me when I walk my dog.

When my son was growing up, he would become so angry because I would not let him go to everyone's house on the street. If I don't know them, and I mean know them, he couldn't be behind walls with them. Maybe I'm too old fashioned, but during that time young male prostitutes were in the news all the time. The families never suspected that theirs kids were involved in something like that. Some of the nicest people are perverts.

I worked in the yard from 7a.m to 1p.m. today and feel really good about the accomplishment. Everything is ready for winter. Bushes cut back, front and back lawn mowed, furniture put away or covered, leaves raked, etc. When I came back for walking the dog, I looked around and said to myself, 'Self, God has blessed you with a third beautiful day, get busy.' I didn't stop until it was finished. Now I can't move a muscle but it's all good. Was supposed to go to the COD, but pushed that thought aside and kept working.

Also started the 3-day TakeOff today. We shall see what happens!!

later,
  • Thanks for the backup- my DH is WAY too relaxed, it drives me NUTS! I actually DO know where the REGISTERED offenders are in my town, but who the **** knows WHO is in a house you dont know..it was one thing when they were in their yard and DH is just opposite the fence...they were so happy that the mom gave them DONUTS, BROWNIES and let them play video games...my kids get ONE treat per day, IF that and we dont even own video games. It just makes me so mad that my DH refuses to see how WRONG HE WAS. Ive learned MY lesson....
  • WTG Angela! Woo Hoo! And Good For You Shennie, what willpower! Sounds like a fun outing!

Excellent deals, Mary! Spoil that child. You only get one chance. That playset will be good for his overall physical development, eye-hand coordination, muscle tone, and gross motor skills (so sayeth me, certified in Early Childhood Education). Ask your hubby if he would rather you have passed up the incredible deal, and instead bought one for your son at regular price for Christmas?

Deets--my hubby has done one or two Stupid Man Tricks in his day. Sometimes, they just don't "get it". In my experience, it's always been the seemingly really nice ones that turn out to be the true horrors. You just can't be too careful nowadays. Our kids aren't allowed in anyone's house unless the parents and I have got to know each other a bit. Well, maybe more than a bit!

Hope everyone has a great POP evening!
  • Kisha, like Mary said, try the Azo Standard for symptoms, but if it's a bladder infection, then you'll need an antibiotic. I had one when I was pg with my daughter and it was AWFUL. Felt like I had to pee pee pee, even when I had nothing to produce. The only way I could get any relief was to sit in a warm bathtub until I could get to the doctor. My daughter's had a few as well, very uncomfortable. She wouldn't tell me until she had blood in her urine. The Azo pills really help with the symptoms. Hope you feel better SOON!
  • Hi again,

Congratulations to all the losers!!

Mary and Sally,
    Thanks for the advice. I'm going to go get some. I'm in such agony! I've had so many infections while I was pg, and you're right it's no fun! I just can't understand how the heck could I get an infection, with drinking all this water, and the way I've been "relieving" myself?? I'm going to try the Northland's brand of Cranberry Juice from WAlmart, they say it works too. I think I'm holding it too long, and that's why I feel a full (pressure like) feeling on my bladder. It's uncomfortable to sit, so I'm going to end this now, and go get in the tub like Sally said!Sounds good to me. Talk to you all soon!
  • Hi chicks!

Mary, I believe my scale is channelling the way your scale was acting a few weeks ago - NOTHING. This is really disturbing! And today - not sure what is on the program for food, since I'm spending the whole day with friends - luckily, I'm bringing a fruit salad, and have some lite cheese cubes - so I'll have OP snacks when everyone else is eating pretzels and port wine cheese. . (can you say GROAN). . .

Mary - About your DH - is it possible that he's comparing the toys that he did or didn't get when he was a kid to what you're providing for Eli? It may or may not be about the $$$ at all.

Angela - I've never used any of the LAWL sups - they are way too spendy for me. WTG on making your 20 pound goal! I've never had a body wrap - do you get to do that often?

Suzanne - the lites run about $28 for 14 on the non-bulk price - I paid just about $20 for 14 (a double box) in the bulk rate. I do enjoy my two a day, but you don't need them to lose weight. If you can't afford them, tell your counselors, and they will adjust the food to compensate.

Kisha - hope you feel better soon - it's been a while since I've had a bladder infection, but always dreaded that burning sensation.

Hugs to all. . .

Julie
  • Gotta run for my meeting, but just wanted to say - Mary, I think *all* of us tend to think that parts of the way we were raised is the best way - even if we deny it. . .or we spend lots of energy fighting our childhood conditioning (like rewarding ourselves with FOOD!)

Hugs,
    Julie