~~~ Week of 24th June ~~~

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Well - I guess I am the first one here!

I was sitting around really bored today, hubby has got into a rare cleaning frenzy and now he thinks I am gonna dance to his tune. I can't see why we can't have a clean up as we go as opposed to a "let's wait until it nearly falls on top of me and then I know it needs doing" - which is how he seems to operate best.

The weather here is beautiful and the sun is shining, what more could I ask for.

Ache a bit today, as I had an inline lesson yesterday and by butt and my back ache, but hey, if it's gonna help the weight loss, it's worth the pain.

Hope everyone has a wonderful start to this new week
  • Good Morning all!!!!

I am resting after moving everything from my house..It is a sad thing but a happy thing because I built it for me and it seems weird to rent it to strangers..THey are good people..even painting it and fixing up things in it cuz they want it soo badly. They are gonna buy it after renting for a year, soo that is pretty good...Still it makes my "independence" over, although I guess the extra $1000/month will come in handy to play with since I won't have a house note or any utilities here to worry with..I told REfman I would make the "payments" in my checking account for our dream house in a few years!!! (WOw do I sound like a rambling fool or what????? )

BIG LOSERS!!!!!!!!!
    Pryia 2.4LBS!!Yeah on the magnet!!!!!
    Lauren 2.2lbs!!!!

Yeah to everyone else this week!!!!!!

BFB--U get the early bird award!!!!Hope the sinuses went elsewhere to visit!!!!!!!!!!

Kymber--Welcome back to the thread!!!!I am definately doing the MG thing next year!!!!Hopefully with a baby in the stomach!!!!

Well..one more week and the cats will be here living!!!They are completing the Glass Atrium that Refman has being built for them soo they will be very happy here!!!!!!
    I think it will be "home" once the "kids" are here!!!!
    Have a nice Sunday!!!
    RR
  • Hi all!! Well, internet connection and time to post!! I'm doing well today. I have gotten all the sugary stuff out of the house and have sugar-free, fat-free snacks in the house. Even DH chose sugar-free sugar wafers (WHAT could they be made of??????) for his snack. We also bought those fake crab meat things which are really low in points for quick snack lunckes. Now, I just have to cut back on the red meat and increase the veggie intake again. Then to work on the exercise. I think I would consider chopping off my right arm to have an exscuse NOT to exercise!!!

I have to go do some homework now. I have a chapter to read and a lab to complete. I wish I was SO good that I could learn this stuff by osmosis. Guess that isn't going to happen.

Have a great Sunday!!!!

• Hello everyone,
    I just posted a longer post on the goals thread but wanted to stop in here and report being a loser again. I lost 1 pound and that was the 1 pound I had gained last week. So I'm glad it never got worse than that. Last night at the meeting my leader was calling on people to say how much weight they had lost (this week and total) and when she unexpectedly called on me, I yelped! She asked me why and I said I was hoping she wouldn't call on me. So she asked me to tell how much I have lost total. I said I lost 7 but that I had a big speech prepared for when I get my ribbon and I would talk more about that then.

Karen, great job getting those things out of your house. I'm sure it will be good not to have the temptations around.

RR, good luck with the rest of the move. It does sound bittersweet. The cats sound like they will be living the good life! a glass atrium just for them!

BFB, you are taking inline skating lessons? That is great! I have them and really enjoy it. I should take a lesson though because I am very cautious and could use some skills to help my confidence. At the speeds I go, I doubt I am burning many calories!

I took my son to get a new library card yesterday. We moved here about a month ago and now that I am off from work we had time to do that. We both got some books and I am looking forward to reading them. I challenged my kids at school to read more books this summer than I can read. So I want to make sure I read as much as possible to give them a real challenge. However, as one of my kids pointed out, the books they will read are smaller. I told them that it was ok, since I was a grownup, I should be able to handle the bigger books. We all have to keep a log and then compare when we get back in September.

For the past 2 weeks I have done really well on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Then on Friday evening and through Sunday I have gone overboard doing a lot of mindless eating. I have caught myself looking in all the cabinets and refrigerator, searching for "something", not sure what I "felt" like having. I am not going out or anything. That isn't the problem. So since I really want to lose 2 pounds this week I am going to try to be extra careful and PLAN AHEAD for the weekend, since that has been my problem.

Ok, ds wants to go discover things! So I must be off. This thread has been quiet this week. I will try to catch up reading on the last one to see what you have all been up to.

talk to you soon!

dani
  • Hi All,

I have been bad...very bad...and I'm hating myself today. I am probably not going to have a loss this week. Tomorrow is weigh in and I don't wanna go, but I have a hair appt. Thursday, so I must go. Friday they don't have a mtg. I can get to...so I must face Scalemonster tomorrow night. I will be very surprised if I have a loss, after all the crap I ate at the party this weekend, and then pizza on top of that!! And I will be on my own for dinner tonight too, since DH has to work late. I will make sure I eat a couple rice cakes before going home, so I don't stuff everything in site down my throat upon walking in the door!!

Dani- Congrats on the loss!! At least you're back headed in the right direction!! We've got to get those weekends in control!! I have the same problem, doing what I feel like doing on the weekends, just because I was good during the week!!

Karen- Glad you're back online!! Congrats to DH for picking something LF/SF...you're rubbing off on him!! I too wonder what sugar wafers are made of, if they're SF!!

RR- Hey, 1K a month is a lot to save up for a house!! I wish I had that laying around...or to send to DH's bills!!

BFB- Thanks for starting the new thread!! Have fun w/the lessons...I used to roller skate every weekend back in HS, but now I'm not soo good. Have been maybe 4 times since HS!!

Hi to everyone else!! Have a great day all!!
  • Hi All,

Let me tell you all, I am having Lean Cuisine Chicken in Peanut Sauce for lunch, and it is awesome!! I added some broccoli to it, because they're never enough alone, but it tastes sooo good!! Just had to get that out!!

Oh, and I'm loving my new job! Just for the simple fact that I didn't get to take lunch til 1:30, I love it!!
  • Good Afternoon all!!!!!
    Well the move went well,. but it does bum me out to leave my house..IT is much better with my bed in Refmans room@@@
    It looks like my room in his room!!!!

Well off to fix supper!!!!!!
    RR
  • RR - Glad your move went well, it's hard moving into "someone else's home" but once you get your stuff there it starts to feel like home to you too.

Lauren - I love the Lean Cuisine Chicken in Peanut Sauce, it's so yummy. I always plan to take some of those and leave them in the freezer at work but I never get around to it.

For anyone who's interested I just discovered Luna Meal Replacement or supplement bars (not sure exactly what they're called.) You'd find them in the health food store and the flavour Nutz Over Chocolate is soooo good. It's the best bar I've ever had like that. It's only 4 points, 10 grams of protein and 4 of fat (not sure of the carbs off hand but I think about 24). They've got soy protein and lots of vitamins and minerals. They're supposed to be "for women" but I think that's just because the calories aren't as high as their other bars. They're quite filling for breakfast with a glass of water or for a really filling snack. I used to eat the cereal bars but they're 3 points and not too filling. Just thought I'd let you know in case you were interested.

Elisa
  • Anybody out there.....
    Is it me or has it gone really quiet around here. Is that a sign that you guys are having really great weather?
  • Hi All,

Finally, I had an OP day!! It's about time I realized that I'm not getting anywhere if I eat crap for dinner all the time!! I did not WI last night because I had to work late to make up for the time I'll be missing tomorrow. I have to leave 2 hrs. early so I can make it down to the Arts Center for the JOURNEY concert tomorrow night!! I'm soo excited, I can't wait to get there!! Anyway, I'l gonna WI Saturday AM instead...which is probably best, because the way I've been this week, I'll be extremely surprised if I have a loss!

Went shopping last night and stocked up on yogurt and Healthy Choice dinners (they're on sale for $2.50/ea. at A&P this week), and other stuff to keep me out of trouble.

Have to get working...I'm soo busy in my new job, I love it!! I've been in Spreadsheet Heaven all week!!

Have a great day all!!
  • BFB- We were posting at the same time!! Sometimes it gets quiet...for various reasons!! It's going to be 94 in NJ today...and humid...yuck!!
  • Hi all!

Just a quick "hi" to say I'm still alive. Work is crazy right now...budget time, so not a lot of time to play on the internet! *L*

Been trying to walk frequently to train for my event in October. Had a scare last week. Something bit my neck while I was walking (forgot the bug spray that night) and by the time I got home my neck was swelling. It swelled up as big as my head...literally! Ended up having to go to the hospital and let them put the drugs directly into me through IV! I've never been allergic to anything and I have no idea what bit me. But you can bet I won't forget the bug spray again anytime soon! *L*

Got a webpage put up for my walk if anyone's interested http://legaleagle.pledgepage.com

Lauren - I saw JOURNEY here in Raleigh Tuesday night! Great show. Steve Augeri sounds pretty much just like Steve Perry. Neal Schon looks great...and Jonathan Cain still makes me swoon! (he was always the one I had the hots for!). Show was good. They never play my 2 favorite old songs (Stay Awhile & Mother, Father), but I never expect them to since they were never really big hits. But I was surprised they didn't play Open Arms, which was probably their biggest hit ever. They played 3-4 off the new album. A couple off the last album from a few years ago. The rest was older stuff. They even played Edge of the Blade which surprised me. But all in all a good show & since the last time I saw them was in 1986 it was well worth it! We took the kids & I kept freaking my daughter out by telling her which songs were older than her! Hope you have a great time!

Vicki - glad you're getting settled in!

Dani - congrats on the 1#!

BFB - always wanted to roller blade, just never wanted to buy the blades & then discover I didn't like it *L* Maybe someday.

Gotta' get back to work. Hope everyone has a great day!

LE
  • Journey?????
    Okay now I'm confused - for all you Journey people out there I didn't know they were even still around. Journey was the first concert I ever saw - in I think around 1980 (give or take). I loved it!!! It was at Maple Leaf Gardens here in Toronto and I'd never experienced anything like it. But my question is not only can I not believe there are still Journey fans out there but what's Journey without Steve Perry??? To me he was Journey and yes I will never forget him singing Open Arms - WOW!! What's up with someone else singing and where have I been???

As for everything else it's been really hot here too but I won't complain - we don't get a long enough summer to complain about the heat. I'm still going to the gym regularily (on my way there now actually) and the eatings been okay but not great. I'm mostly maintaining and maybe for now that's okay. I'm sure I'll get more motivated soon.

LE - I rented rollerblades quite a few times before I bought them. I had a lot of fun and I figured for the $20 here or there for rentals I could buy a pair that really fit and have them forever. I don't rollerblade as much anymore - had a fall and got kind of scared. I'll go now where there's no cars and the grounds flat but that's all. Since I don't expect my feet to grow I hope to get my money's worth. I think I already have since I've had them for probably 5 or more years. Just a thought if you wanted to give it a try. If you don't really skate try a lesson, they're a lot of fun and I learned a lot.

That's all for me,
    Elisa
  • Rollerblading
    elisa822 & LE I had wanted to rollerblade/inline for years, and kept on thinking about it. Earlier on this year I read a magazine which said that skating was a excellent CV workout. I figured I needed all the help I could get, and I needed something that would help me exercise my legs (coz tha's where all the bulk is at!!!). I had already done the gym subscription thing and then not attend the gym for months so I thought I had nothing to lose by buying a pair. Hubby bought a pair also and I figured even if the novelty wore off, the skates had cost much less than months of gym subscriptions. We went out skating once, but as I had never ice or roller skated it took me about half an hour to sum up the courage to get off the bench. So I thought it couldn't hurt to take a few lessons to get some experience. When the weather is beautiful, there is nothing better than being out there. Give it a go, it can't hurt (and they teach you how to fall properly )
  • Elisa- I am about the biggest Journey freak around here...my husband thinks I'm on crack!! I saw them twice on their '86 tour and let me tell you about Journey w/Steve Augeri...fanfreakintastic!! I saw them 2 yrs. ago and was in complete denial that Steve Perry would not be there. I heard he wouldn't be there on the radio, when we got to the concert, they had a sign up from the band saying that Steve Perry was no longer with the band, but I did not believe it. When they came on stage after Foreigner (who, btw, were great!), I still didn't believe that the guy standing up there on stage singing Journey songs was not Steve Perry!! Finally, after like, a song or two, I admitted to myself that it was not Stevey and life would go on!! Steve Augeri kicked butt. He looks like him, dresses like him, dances like him, sings like him, makes faces like him!! He did mess up a couple high notes, but not bad, and he is very convincing. Journey can go on without Steve Perry. After seeing the VH-1 Behind the Music on Journey (which I taped, of course), I have mixed feelings about it, I felt bad for Stevey the first time I watched it, but then I thought, it kinda sounds like he got a big head and wanted to control everything, and maybe they were right to go on w/o him. And they couldn't have picked a better replacement. I love Arrival, the new album, er, CD, but it's a little heavy for me. There's a lot of old stuff in there though. Signs of Life is one of my favorite songs, with a little Wheel in the Sky tease at the end. There are other songs in there that give you little reminders of the old days...once of them kinda reminds me of Mother,Father, I'm not sure of the name of it. If the CD had come out a few weeks later, I would've used With Your Love as my wedding song!! Of course Higher Place and All the Way, the first two songs, are great. Unfortunately most of the songs are over 4 minutes long, so I don't think they're gonna get much air play - NY radio sucks, I have yet to hear ANY new Journey, except for the promo commercials for the concert!! I'm very upset about it, but haven't had time to call and complain.

My, my, I better get off my soap box...I could ramble all afternoon about Journey!! Hehehe...

LE- I always loved John too!! (But Stevey had my heart!!) I like those songs too...didn't they have a box set out a few years ago...geez, probably 7-8 yrs ago now?? Maybe I will look for it, because all my tapes are long gone (first tape I ever bought on my own was Escape) I just have their Greatest Hits, which I realized this AM does not have Stone in Love on it, and Arrival. I'm surprised they didn't do Open Arms too, but if I remember correctly, that's one of the ones Steve A. couldn't quite hold out, or reach the high note or something last time!

UGH, I must stop!! LOL!!! Have a great afternoon all!!