help setting a mini goal, please!

• I really want to set a mini goal for November 23rd, but I have no idea what I should set it at that is a realistic goal. I think I work better with a mini goal then just a big ultimate goal that will take a while. So, if you have any suggestions at what I should set my goal for pounds lost at, please let me know.

Thank you
  • Try for a 2 pound a week loss... it isn't unrealistic and if you go over it all the better!
    So that would be 6 pounds in 3 weeks.
    Good Luck
  • Thank you! I think I may just set my goal for 190.
  • Instead of setting a goal # of pounds to lose, try something like #days exercised, times under daily calories etc so you have other measures other than scale weight. good luck!
  • I find that setting a certain goal helps with taking the initiative to work out. Between 5 and 8 pounds seems like a good goal for a month...Losing about a pound or two pounds a week is a good goal to set.
  • I would do one pound a week. If you lose more than that, great! And if you only lose one pound a week, you won't be disappointed in the end. Besides, it is best to lose the weight slower. They say you will keep it off longer.
    I have been setting my goals a little to high, and not being able to make them. I am stuck right now at 156-155. I guess I am at my plateau for the time being.

Good luck, with whatever you decide to do.

Wendy
  • Thanks everyone!

I weighed in at 196 this morning, so I'm going to set my goal for 10 pounds. In the past when I've set a goal in the month to 10 pounds I have been able to achieve it. I think I can really do this this time and meet the goal. If I don't reach my weight goal by then, I'll be happy knowing that at least I tried really hard, but I still want to try for 10 pounds.

Thanks again everyone!
  • i stole my mini gaols from healthyme... but instead of putting it on the website i have em on a BIG baord in my room next to my mirrior.. its more motivation i see it every where time i get up and everytime i go to bed....
  • Good luck! If you don't make your goal, you can always adjust it next time.