Jillian's Girls Exercise Journal

You're on Page 93 of 101
Go to
  • TG when you hit the scale it will change everything. I think it will be worth it. I was sore too . I thought I had "worked up" to a level for WBL but my screaming glutes and quads told me different.
    I hope you feel better Cindy- that sounds painful.
    The trip sounds great Ledom. Two words- Chaco Canyon and Bandalier.....Just make sure you take lots of water and maybe some gatorade for those hikes. With all the rain I hope the cactus are still blooming for you.
    Somehow things moved along over the weekend. It wasn't the best exercise week and my calories have been up there also.
    I was 177 yesterday and when I looked at it this morning it was 175.2.
    I checked it several times. I even checked it with my dumbbells as it was really shocking that I had lost that overnight. I was stuck for over a week at 178 and suddenly my body blimps out two pounds.
    Needless to say it was really easy to jump in there on week three on the workout. I think I might get away with some cardio this afternoon during nap.
  • Day 5 just about over. I wasn't even sore when i woke up this morning, surprisingly, just a little tight. Yay! I REALLY didn't want to workout this morning, but i just sucked it up and did it. But i ende dup injuring myself. My right shoulder feel like i've twisted something or something, it's pretty sor to move my arm, and i hurt my left knee. The knee doesn't bother me so much, i have bad ankles and knees which i'm always injuring one way or another. Calories seem on target for today, and i'm just looking forward to two days off citcuits! YAY! I am going to try to do an hour of cardio each day, just to try and help the scale along a little.

Sirak- I always feel it in my quads when i start a new routine.

Cat- i have to make the workouts a battle between Jillian and i, otherwise i simply won't get through them. Have fun in Seoul and Bangkok!
  • Hey Everyone,
    This was posted on the Jillian Michaels website yesterday, just thought you'd all want to know. I'm pretty excited, i just hope it airs down here in Oz!

BIG NEWS: I'm Back on The Biggest Loser!
    Ok, you guessed it (or at least most of you did)...
    YES — I am returning to The Biggest Loser this summer. That's right, this year there will be 3 teams — Bob's, Kim's, and mine — taking part in the competition.

I've been alluding to this for awhile now, but the master plan was in the works at NBC for over a year. So for those of you who have been wondering "WHAT HAPPENED TO JILLIAN MICHAELS?": Now ya know! This has been the most difficult secret I have ever kept, and it was for an incredibly long time! I am SO stoked to finally share the news with all of you.

I left The Biggest Loser — which I LOVED doing — because it was my dream to launch this site. Plus, I was working on my book, I was in the middle of projects for Wal-Mart and Costco, and I was working with the American Cancer Society. I just didn't have time to tape the show.

But now I'm finally back, and I gotta tell you — I am super excited. My team is lovely and I know you will adore them like I do. They are working their ASSES off (literally), and I will share bits of their journey here with you guys as we continue to shoot. I really can't tell you much more than that right now, but stay tuned!

So here's to a great season of The Biggest Loser, my team on the set, and our team on the site! I can't wait for your feedback and your questions! It's gonna be a great season, guys!

xoxo,
    j
  • I saw that TG - how interesting! I had gotten the impression she'd left on bad terms...

Anyway, it will be great to see her back on TBL US again!

Just a quick post from me - getting ready for my trip tomorrow. Passport is back in my possession, which is a good thing!

I'll touch base once I get to Korea.
    Cindy
  • The Weightloss Goddesses were smiling today because I scored a weight bench at the school garage sale. It was only 5 dollars. It needs a bar for the incline position. There were no weights- but I can find those.It has the thingy for the hamstring curls too ! WOOHOO ! I guess I can give the ikea coffee table a rest.
    I am a day behind on workout as yesterday the Circus clowns were at the library and Ds13 had afternoon workout at the school. I spend a great deal of my day driving- but today I got up and finished before DS13 got up. It felt good.
  • Great find, Sirak!

I lost 3 pounds last week, which was great! Unfortunately, i have to go away on holidays sooner than i thought, so i won't be able to get another week in like i had planned. I'm going to be so busy trying to get ready that i'm just going to be doing what i can do this week. However, when i get home it will be total commitment time, and especially since i know Making the Cut really works so well!
  • Hello from Seoul!
    Hey gals! I'm posting from Seoul, Korea!

The flight over was rough - direct from JFK to Seoul, but they served meals at odd times, and I wasn't able to sleep much. I arrived here at 5:30 pm, it was almost 8pm by the time I was able to settle into the hotel. I managed to keep myself up a few more hours. Got a good night's sleep last night - I seem to do much better flying West than flying east. Feeling good now.

I did a TON of walking today - many of the sights aren't that far from the hotel, and since I wasn't brave enough to hit the subways alone, I walked instead. Saw a couple of palaces, the Korean folk art museum and a Monet exhibit at the Seoul Art Museum.

We had dinner at a Korean bbq place tonight - the table had a mini grill built into it and the waitress grilled all our food as we ate. It was pricey but fun. My stomach is still feeling the few bites of kimchi I tried - too spicey for me!

More sight-seeing tomorrow, and then we head to the city where the plant is, which is about 2 hours away. I expect the hotel facilities will not be as nice there, as it is a much smaller city.

Here's a photo from one of the palaces I saw this afternoon.
    Cindy

• Quote: I guess I can give the ikea coffee table a rest.
    That's hilarious.

Cindy - hella Thanks for the pic!

Twinklegirl - 3 pounds!!

Ledom - hope you are enjoying Santa Fe!

Had a kick (!) bike ride this morning, things are warming up over here...gonna have to start getting out early. I haven't done too much weight training the last week or so. I pulled something in my chest....quite annoying. Maybe I was due for a small break from weights. Only for a couple more days.

DH and I are headed to Mexico on the 23rd to visit family...so much to do to get ready.
  • Hey gals - just popping in to say "Hi!"

Workouts are non-existant, as there just isn't time. Food is so-so - I'm having to drink Coke with meals in order to avoid drinking the water. I hate Coke and I hate the sugar it's adding to my diet... I'll be glad to get back in a bigger city where they have Diet Coke or bottled water available.

Hope you all are doing well!
    Cindy
  • Hi Girls,
    Just stopping in to say Bye! I'm going on holidays tomorrow for about two weeks. I don't know if i'll be able to check in, so if not i'll check in when i get back.
  • oops, missed saying goodbye TG - but congrats on those 3 lbs.!

Hey, I'm back. I slept in this a.m. after the long drive and am thinking I am about to be human again. Had a GREAT time with so much packed in!

Anyway, good to be home!

I did pretty good while away, lots better than I was doing at home during the rush to get ready. Started back on my diet today and will get back into the workout groove tomorrow.

Sirak - great news on the weightbench. Way to go!
  • Hello girls,

Can anyone give me any motivation to get back on to Jillian's workout? I did the exercises from the Winning By Losing book during Summer last year and it really did work to knock off some inches and tone up. But now I'm on Weightwatchers and I'm scared that getting back into intense workouts is going to show a big gain on the scales at my weigh in. Anyone got any advice about this?
  • Hi Lex. I don't think it will cause you to have a big gain Lex. It might, in the short run, cause a slow down. Maybe. In the end it is the inches and the toning that the world sees, not the number on the scale! Keep hanging out with us and let us know what you decide.
  • Hi Lex!

My experience has been that Jilian's workouts did not cause me to show any muscle gains on the scale - I think the fat loss offset it. I may have had a week here and there of no movement, but never a gain (unless I deserved it!)

When I did Body for Life, in the past, and was eating much more protein while lifting, I did see gains of muscle w/o any scale movement, so I know what you're talking about.

You should not be afraid of this - this program is great and will give you the results you want!

Hey Ledom - glad you're back and had a great time!

Tonight's my last night in Seoul - I'm at a hotel near the airport now - good to be back in civilization. I head for Bangkok in the morning - I can't wait! Will touch base after I get there!
    Cindy
  • I haven't had any big gains. I had a two pound blimp of several days of my weight going up for no reason- but it went down back to where it needed to be suddenly. That was some kind of freaky diet voodoo or something.
    I am on week five ( who would have thought !) and have dropped around 6 pounds in those weeks. I have lost two inches in the bust and waist. I am not on Weight Watchers, but watching calories and eating high protein.I actually have increased my calories( still have some low days) as they were too low.
    Of course I am sore a couple days a week because I am loving the challegne from her workouts. I did Walk Away the Pounds DVD when I first started my journey so I had to take a couple of weeks to up the ante on my workouts before even starting Jillian.
    I wake up and know I can conquer anything because I have conquered mountain climbers, jumping jacks and push ups.
    Lex, if it worked before without Weight Watchers think how well the combination of WW and Jillian will do. The diet,group support and the exercise program go hand and hand. We will be here to cheer you on when your shorts start fitting better.No one scolds anyone around here for missing a workout as life happens sometimes.
    It would be easier than learning a new exercise program because you already know what it takes! With WW points don't you get an extra few for exercise ?
    As what Ledom says- the world sees the inches lost and never knows what the scale reads.
    I have lost the inches and the weight !