Jillian's Girls Exercise Journal

You're on Page 77 of 101
Go to
  • Cindy - you might try craigslist dot org for a used bosu....or there are a lot of store who sell used sports equipment. Most of the time the stuff is practically brand new.

ledom - knock em dead on your date tonite! Normally I go to spin class on Tuesday and Thursday - 45 minute class. On Monday and Wed I do X-Bike - it's pretty much the same except the bikes have handlebars that move left and right for an upper body workout. That class is only a 1/2 an hour, I usually do some extra to get at least 45 minutes in. Saturday and Sunday I have been riding a regular bike on a bike trail - usually around an hour to 1 1/2 hours a day. Weight training usually Wednesdays and weekends. All this cardio makes me HUNGRY......I have to make huge piles of veggies to fill up. Yesterday I was cooking just for myself - I tossed a whole bag of frozen mixed veggies in a pan with a chicken breast and some shirataki noodles - I was thinking there would be leftovers... The bonus is that I burn a lot of calories - cause I've bulked up my calories to around 2000 a day and I'm still not gaining. I think I'll stay here a while - if I ever burn out on the workouts I'll have to cut back on the food. But until then...
  • Chick - yep, that's the great thing about all that exercise - means we can take in more calories! Wow, that's a lot of cardio that you do! Hopefully someday I'll learn to love it like you obviously do. I'm much more of a weight lifter if I had my preference.

I'm pretty proud of my SuperBowl eating - made those Hungry Girl potato skins and had baked boneless "wings". Also made a 7-layer bean dip, but didn't eat much of that as I'd filled up on the other two. No drinking - just sodas. And, I actually got up and got my workout in this morning despite being up later than usual. Hurray for me!
    Cindy
  • Morning-You two sound great. My workout week last week was just spot on. Aspiring for the same this week.

Not too much new around here. It's cold but I think it must be REALLY cold where you are Cindy. Stay warm!
  • Yes, pretty chilly here up North! Yesterday was bad with a wind-chill of -15F. But to be honest, it doesn't really phase me - the only difference when it's this cold is that you have to warm up your vehicles a bit before driving off, and it's a bit colder in the house at night, because of drafty windows, but most of the time I'm indoors, and we're used to that in the winter!

Man I hate Tuesday's workout! I think it's the combo of the back extensions and leg curls that gets me! I plan to move things around a bit for next Tuesday so that those two exercises are in different circuits - it's just too hard on my hammies!

Well, I finally got the scale to eek down past another pound - man that was painful! I know I shouldn't expect the pounds to fall off, but I was hoping that this program would move my weight more than BFL did. But, maybe it's just me - I'm one to lose s-l-o-w-l-y!

I think I really need to start paying close attention to my caloric intake - I roughed out my day, and I follow that, but I'm going to try to be better about logging into FitDay.

DF says parts of me feel smaller when he hugs me, so I think I'm happy about my progress for now!
    Cindy
  • Oh, question for you Chick - with all the biking/cycling you do, do you ever have issues with your illiotibial band (ITB)? It's the band that runs down the outside of each thigh. Runners have issues, but cycling and elliptical - anything that uses a circular motion, also can aggrevate it. My left one is particularly tight, and worse now, with all this cardio. I have trouble finding an effecting stretch, as it's hard to isolate.

Just wondered if anyone had any experience and/or advice?
    Cindy
  • I guess I've been pretty lucky - nothing on the outside of my thigh has ever hurt...and I'm trying to think how you would stretch that area..and coming up with this...hope that helps!

WTG on another pound lost - they are hard earned, huh?

ledom - howzzit goin, girl?

Today is spin class - no weight training. Gotta go posting from work again
  • Hey Gina - Hanging in there. Kind of floaty this week. All these men are in love with me now. Just kidding. So, my date was fun - kind of strained but a good effort was made on all sides and that was nice.

So this morning I just couldn't make it to the gym. I walked for 40 brisk minutes in my hilly neighborhood. This evening I went to the gym and knocked out the first two circuits and some cardio. Thought I'd skip on to the next day tomorrow but when I saw what I was missing I think I'll just do the last half of today and maybe do a circuit of shoulders for tomorrows workout. I can tell this is going to be a week to mix things up. I don't want to let up on the intensity though because it is getting intense and I can see changes when it gets like this. I have been really paying attention to weight and trying to lift heavier w/ fewer reps. I can totally tell I kicked it up in those sumo squats. Those things do amazing things for your legs if you heft a 45lb. db. I never did that before!
  • Wow - Sumo squats with a weight - what a concept! I'm still doing all my squats with just my body weight - I have to be pretty cautious about my knees and all this squatting and lunging makes them very tender each week. I'll have to work up to adding some weight to those exercises. Ledom - 45# - that's great! Were you actually doing it with a 45# dumbbell? If so, pretty amazing! And good for you for keeping the intensity up!

Thanks for the link, Chick - I tried some of the stretch suggestions. This is just so annoying - both knees are aggravated by it, and then I have this lovely pinching sensation in my left thigh as well. I'd forgotten about all the issues that regular working out can cause for my poor 'ole body! Everything feels great while I'm working out, and then I hobble around the rest of the week! Guess I just need to stretch, stretch, stretch, and be really careful!

Food was a bit too much last night - I think TOM is coming - I was having some major cravings. Could be because of the potato skins Sunday night, as well, I suppose. SF/FF butterscotch pudding helped, as did my allowed 1oz. of dark chocolate (one GREAT thing about the YOU: plan - you get chocolate once in a while).

Hope you all are having a great day!
    Cindy
  • Ok, today, while doing my sumo squats, I realized I was a bit dense - 45# is the weight of the barbell bar! D'oh

So, today, for my second set, I piled on an 18# body bar and did mine that way. Maybe I'll work up to the big bar some day, but for now, this is an increase over the past three weeks, so I'll stay here a while - gotta be careful of those knees you know!

Dang - I have a meeting in minute, so I gotta go - I'll write more later!
    Cindy
  • Hey everyone! After today's workout I decided that I need to switch things around a bit. For some reason the "Back" workouts on Tuesday and Friday stress my knees much more than the Front workouts, and since all weekend I'm up and down stairs with my cleaning and laundry, that makes for pretty sore knees by Sunday. So next week, I'm going to do Back on Monday and Thursday and see if that's better for me.

I was tired this morning, but forced myself to workout - it was pretty miserable, but I did it. I was right - TOM *was* coming, and today I'm a big bloaty, crampy bear! One good thing about my age (I'm 43) is that my TOM is down to 2 days - 3 at the most. Not a bad thing at all!

The good news is that a couple different people commented that they can see it in my face that I'm losing weight - HURRAY! Just the motivation I needed! I really need to go start looking at wedding dresses, and knowing that I'm on the right track with my weight makes it more do-able for me.

Well, I hope you are all doing well - and that everyone has a great weekend. TGIF!
    Cindy
  • Morning everyone. Sorry to be MIA - it's never good when that happens. Same old story, all of a sudden I am struggling again. Regained my foothold on the diet yesterday. Meant to get up and workout but just couldn't haul out of bed this morning. I hope to get it done this afternoon. I'll come back and report.

You guys are doing great.
  • I'm so excited, I just have to share - today the scale was down 2#! Woo-Hoo!

It seems like I'm only going to see some movement every 3-4 or so - right after TOM, in fact. But that's ok - even if the scale is creeping 1/2# a week, but only moves every 4 or so, I can live with that - it's progress!

I probably won't meet that Mardi Gras goal, but hey, I'm pretty happy with how close it will be! Can you tell I'm just SO thrilled to be able to make that scale move! I've been busting my butt for the past 4 weeks on this program, so it's good to finally have some confirmation that it's worth it!

Ledom - glad to have you back here. Do let us know if you get your workout in this afternoon - sometimes the accountability can help to push you to do things you don't want to!

Where is everyone else? Hellooooooo...... Any lurkers out there willing to say hi? It's been pretty lonely here lately!
    Cindy
  • Cindy I knew that good news was just around the corner for you. Now is this reminding you of BFL? You do have to be patient but boy is the payoff worth it. And the thing is, I bet your muscles are going to make you look so hot for your wedding.

So now that we have the smilies out - feel free to show me these !

You're right, I am needing some accountability. I do feel better for having made a new ticker this morning that reflects my new goals.

On another note. Did you guys by chance watch the Grammys this Sunday. I think Pink has the best body ever. She is my inspiration at the moment.
  • cindy -

ledom - this is my new mental pic of you -

Sorry I've been a lurker - I'm in a kinda wierd place right now. I'll get over it soon I swear.
  • Well Okay Gina - but take a look at this picture http://popsugar.com/135426/135202 and try to at least combine the two. She looked even better on TV from different angles. Not at all too thin, very muscular and healthy. Like her hair too although it's too extreme for me. Though I could move in that direction a little ways. Mine is short like that.

And yes - I did that workout. I was so surprised, I thought at 5 it would be a madhouse. I actually had the gym to myself for at least half my workout. I am definitely considering changing to that time because it is SO hard to get up at 5 and do it lately.