Jillian's Girls Exercise Journal

You're on Page 69 of 101
Go to
  • ledom - we must be soul sistahs...I've been in that same groove this week. Monday's workout sucked - I think I was paying the price for all the bad food choices over the holiday. But yesterday and today? Food has been on plan and workouts have been the kind where the endorphins kick in and make it all fun! I'm gonna try your chicken soup - it sounds good!

twinklegirl - she has a radio show? Does this station possibly have streaming audio or podcasts? That would be so cool. I understand about the pic, I bet she has to be careful about the images that get distributed, how she looks is very important to her career.

to angel-eyes, graciezoe & Nikkii
  • Oh my gosh, i thought you guys knew about her radio show! It's on in LA every Sunday morning, and they are put up on the website so you can download them Monday morning (LA time). The radio station is KFI AM 640. If you want to download the shows, you go to their website at KFI640.com, and then you'll have to sign up under the 'Press Pass' button. It doesn't cost anything, you just need to fill in a few details. Then you go to 'KFI On Demand' and you can scroll down through all of the shows to find Jillians, click on it and it will give you the option to download it.
    Sorry guys, i really thought you knew about the radios show! She talks about all kinds of health and weight loss stuff and takes calls, answering peoples questions! It's really cool! When i reach my ultimate goal, i want to call up and talk to her! It will be one of my rewards!
  • TwinkleGirl - thanks so much for the information about Jillian's radio show. I am listening to it right now. Groovy.
  • Just another note. I got the workout in. Gina - maybe I feel the endorphins. I did have a feeling of well being when I finished my workout today. And, as always after a break I am suprised at how just a couple workouts make such a difference in muscle tone. Can't say I have been enjoying the workouts though. I AM bored. I am seriously considering a 3 month gym membership just to mix things up. There is one close by and maybe it is time to take the plunge.

I listened to the last Jillian interview this a.m. Then I started listening to the first one. Boy, so far I am loving that one - she talks about motivation better than anyone I have ever heard. One thing, when I did the download I only got the first hour of the two hour interview. Is that how it is for you TwinkleGirl?

And then on the celebrity diet front. The Arkansas biggest loser from this season lives in my hometown. There is an article in the paper about him this week that I haven't read yet but plan to now that I remember it's in there.

I am embarrassed to say that I gained enough that my "skinny" jeans are uncomfortable to the point I haven't been wearing them. I can't believe I let that happen but I am certainly trying them on everyday and hope that it won't take long to feel okay in them again.
  • Hi Ledom!
    Yeah, they are only about 1 hour. I stayed up and listened to it live one night, which wasn't much fun! 9am on Sunday morning in LA is 3am Monday mornin ghere in Sydney! Ehhh! But there a lot of ads, traffic reports and news updats that get cut out. In the first few shows, it also sounds like they cut some people off, but it gets a lot better after the first few. Everyone gets the hang of it! My favourite part is when Jillian does 'Quote of the week', that never fails to inspire me! She doesn't do it every week, but when she does they are always great!

Mixing things up always helps me. I'm in my groove at the moment with my workouts, but there was a time there when i just wasn't feeling it. That was when i started using dvd's and did 1 spin class... anything to try and start enjoying the exercise again. And while i still don't love exercise, i do find that i'm happier and less emotional/ stressed when i do workout, so now for the sake of my mental wellbeing, i do all of my workouts. You'll be back in those jeans in no time!
  • I'll come back and post for reals later....I just had to tell somebody that I finally broke thru to the 150's!!!

• Gina - you're the

Between you and TwinkleGirl I have no choice but to get off my butt and get serious. What an inspiration!
  • Hi girls - fighting my way back here - unbelievable how easy it is to get side-tracked, off track, and off the wagon!

I honestly have had NO time to be online in the past 3 weeks - work has been horrible, my evenings non-existent and busy, and I've been in survival mode!

So, I'm working hard to get back on track. Reading about all of your sucesses - helps. And Twinkle - how cool to get to meet Jillian and Bob! That must have been SO unreal!

I have to run, but I'll try to be back tomorrow. Wish me luck!
    Cindy
  • OK Chick - you're hot! Don't forget to come back and give a full report on how you broke into the 150's. You know me.....details please. You cannot believe how many times today I thought to myself - I want to accomplish what Gina has.

So....even BEFORE that shot of inspiration I went to visit the gym this morning. I made an appointment for an introduction to the equipment for next Thursday. I am very excited, it should help me out of my doldrums.

TGIF everybody!
  • Hey Chick- Just a quick not to say i am so very, very proud of you! That is just awesome! You really deserve that, you work so hard, you're a total inspiration to me!
  • BFL Cat - I forgot to say hi. Glad you had a minute to stop in and hope your busy spell slows down soon. Sometimes survival mode is all we can manage. But you are right. There is major inspiration here. Thanks to all of you for your encouragement, support, and EXAMPLE. I got all my workouts in this week and ate great. It feels so good to be back on track.
  • I tried to post yesterday but the evil bot ate my post.... Let's try this again....

ledom and twinklegirl - we are on a roll!!

ledom - It's mostly guesswork, but I think bumping my calories up to 1600 makes me bump up the workouts a little. When I was trying to keep the calories at 1400 (usually I didn't actually pull it off) I think I felt like the workouts gave me license to eat a little more. I've also cut back a little on the resistance training, hopefully I'm not losing muscle. It's you are checking out the gym, I feel really lucky to have such easy access to it. Don't be shy about checking out classes, come New Year's - that gym will be so full of newbies you might feel like an Old Timer if ya start now. Come to think of it, you are already way ahead of a lot of people just now checking out a gym, you've been doing your hiking and paddling and all!

twinklegirl - I can't believe I didn't know about Jillian's radio show...thanks so much for the info!

Cindy - good to see you back, I hope things destress for you soon!

Angel-eyes & Nikkii and the rest!
  • Hi Everyone!!

First off, congratulations chick in the hat

Well, after last weeks weigh-in I didn't know what to expect this week...but I'm happy to report I lost 4.8lbs. I know that part of the loss probably was really from last week but I'm still happy. I ended up working out each morning for 70 minutes and did two evening cardio interval classes. I have 3.2 pounds to lose before I reach my goal of 75lbs by x-mas, which I should be able to do, but weight loss is a tricky thing and you can't count on it being predictable.

I hope everyone has a great week.
  • Well girls - it's obvious the hours you are putting in at the gym are paying off. That's great graciezoe.

So, Gina are you keeping track of your protein/carb/fat ratios. And has that changed any as you have added cardio. How does your muscle tone feel?

I feel like I have a great foundation laid down. After a week of faithful workouts everything defied gravity a good inch at least. Everything seems higher. I can bear to look in the mirror. I have been playing my game of trying on all the clothes in my closet, especially the tight ones, the ones that I am 5 lbs. away from looking great in. That as always is a big motivator.

Today was rest day. I needed and enjoyed it.

Hey - on the gym. I don't think it is the kind of gym that has classes. I'll be feeding you details as I learn more.
  • Great Job, Gracie! That's a huge loss! I'm really happy for you!

Chick- i've also been playing around with my calories, lately. I think that was what happened to finally break my 6 week plateau! I'm usually a 1200-1300 calorie girl, now i'm up about another 100 calories a day and i feel better.

Ledom- Great to hear you've had a solid week! You'll be back looking fabulous in those clothes very soon! Keep up the awesome work!

TOM is back, which has once again turned me into a raging bi*ch from ****, but it will only be for a few days. My calories and workout have been great. I actually like working out now, i know, don't anyone faint with shock! It's taken my about 9 months to actually start enjoying them, but now i don't like having my days off, i'd prefer to at least do some hard core cardio. But i don't, i know my body needs the breaks. I still struggle at first, just getting that bit of motivation to put on my workout clothes and warm up, but after that, i'm truely in the zone! I'm really hoping i get another loss this week, i feel like i'm busting my butt, but with TOM and all, we'll have to wait and see.
    Hope you all have a great, kick butt week!