The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 09-11-2006, 03:38 PM   #856  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Hey girls......well, second dr. appt today and she said I have an allergy induced case of bronchitis!!!! It would be asthma if I was wheezing, but since I'm not .....she says its the bronchitis version. I have 2 new inhalers, antibiotics and I'm also to take a Sudafed PE to get rid of the nasal drip. (nice huh?) The drip is also making me cough.....hard to keep all the meds straight in addition to the meds I already take in the morning. WWWAAAAAAAA.....
Old 09-11-2006, 06:01 PM   #857  
Nikkii from Australia

S/C/G: 101/90/56

Height: 156cm

Hi Angel Eyes, gosh, i hope you get better too.....nothing worse than a dripping nose, and the more you wipe the sorer your nose gets.....have you got polarimine? it is a over the counter at pharmacy drug, that helps with allergys and running noses....works great, but can make you tired....
Get well darls......
Well i didnt take my med last night, and a bit chesty today....i think i must have snored last night as my throat is so sore....lol
Nikkii xxx
Old 09-11-2006, 10:38 PM   #858  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

& chicken soup to the sick chickies! Hope you both are feeling better with all the meds! Goodness...not fun.

Twinkle - WTG with the killer workout, girl! Isn't it interesting to not want to work out beforehand and then be so pumped about it after? Once you get going.... Well...at least if you aren't sick...

ledom - the Vespa is something that was my main ride back in college. But with gas prices going through the roof I have been riding it instead of the car. I really do enjoy riding it - and the other people who go to rallys are a lot of fun. The only problem is that DH is not into it...he isn't as social as I am... He is fixing an old motorcycle that is in the garage - maybe I can get him to come along sometime. Good for you keeping up on your workouts!!
Old 09-13-2006, 09:58 AM   #859  
Nikkii from Australia

Hi ladies, well i thought i would check in, its 11.52pm and i have not long got home from work....what a day of clients, doctors, denist for a filling, and a sports medicine seminar,,,,and i am on my second wind ,,,trying to unwind for bed!
Well my health is getting better,,,,so i brought a 2006 caloire counter book and i am going to start my food diary again, and hit the gym next week.
Disappointment email, that i wasnt accepted in the australian biggest loser 2. I love bob and think he is an excellent trainer, but i love jillian, and if she's not there, it just wouldnt be the same.i wanted her to kick my butt...lol So i am disappointed, but not sad about it either, and wish those who were accepted the best of luck.
Nikkii
Old 09-14-2006, 12:09 AM   #860  

Awww Nikkii...sorry you weren't accepted on BL...there must be quite a lot of competition. I am glad you are feeling better, you are a busy gal!

I hit a different spin class today...I don't want to get bored of the same instructor all the time. It pretty much kicked my butt.
Old 09-14-2006, 03:36 AM   #861  
TwinkleGirl

S/C/G: 220/179/154

Height: 5'9"

Hi Girls!

Chick- Nice to hear you're switching things up, keeps you body guessing!

Nikkii- Sorry about BL! I wanted to try out for it but i wasn't brave enough! You can lose the weight without the show anyway! We're all here for you. How you feeling? Any better?

Angel- And how about you? Feeling any better yet?

I had a great workout today! Jillians workouts have not been kicking my butt so much lately, but today's was great! I though ti was going to die! I folowed it up with another hour on the treadmill, so it was a good day. I'm pretty tired now, though!
Old 09-14-2006, 06:53 AM   #862  
Nikkii from Australia

Hi Twinkle Girl, you go girl,,,,!! Well i am slowly inproving,,,coughing up all the flem on my chest that is breaking up and still on asthma meds. Had tafe and passed my exam,,,but the teacher gave me cupping to help de congest the lungs and expel the toxic in my surrounding muscles....the darker the bruise, the more the toxic...so i look like i had 15 hickies the size of tennis balls on my back,,,,i was going to post a pic up, but it wont let me....
Anyway i am going to try and attempt jillians dvd tomorrow,,,not the cardio kick box right now,,,,lol but something to get me going!!
Love to all
Nikkii xxx
Old 09-14-2006, 07:00 AM   #863  
Nikkii from Australia

check out my profile and i have the pic of what my back looks like right now,,,,
nikkii xxx
Old 09-14-2006, 07:30 AM   #864  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

OMG Nikkii - I never heard of cupping. Very decorative.

Well, I have had a good week. Foodwise and pretty good exercisewise. I am just about back to my ticker weight and that is a great feeling. I have been extra vigilent with food and have been eating more fish and chicken this week. Trying to watch those good carbs a little more carefully and choose more vegetables than rice, oatmeal, or potatoes.

On the exercise front. Not missing it except yesterday it seemed some extra time at work was called for over exercise. Not behind yet as I'll make it up today which was scheduled rest day. I am heading out for the lake to camp today. I have Thursday's off and will go to work from the campsite tomorrow. Won't be doing Jillian's workouts but will make up with hiking and paddling. This is an organized event, a rendezvous for paddlers. I had mulled whether to take my own food or buy a meal ticket. In the interest of saving time and making the trip easier on myself in terms of packing I have decided to buy the meal ticket. I think I can pick and choose food wisely enough to make it work for me.

As work gears up and as I look at other goals in my life I feel like it is time for me to make some judgement calls and allowances in order to live within my energy capacity. If that makes any sense. I am just thinking a lot about the effieciency with which I move through life and I want to make it ALL work. When it comes down to it, weight-loss is still #1 priority for me. I have to find a way to do it and reach some other goals as well though. It all boils down to how many hours are there in a day. Food intake is going to have to be a real concentration as I start to give up the evening walks with the advent of shorter days, etc. OK, I know I am rambling but just throwing my thoughts out there a litte.
Old 09-15-2006, 08:06 AM   #865  
Nikkii from Australia

Hi Ledom, well what can i say,,,,those thoughts are great....and do express the as it may help you sort things out mentally to make the right decisions....and give all us positive re enforcement to what we all should do too....
I did the maximise full frontal today...hard yakka,,,,didnt do the fulll efford given my health, but it was a start...and funny enough, for waht you are saying with food choices, on this dvd, jillian explains that it is good to know what foods to eat and avoid, and if you are full, destroy the meal,,,or place salt on desserts or over salt what you cant eat to avoid picking at your meal, when you know you are full....
Sounds like you will have fun on the camp, and it will give you a different workout and motivation, help with bordom of doing the same thing day in and day out....
I have trouble in finding time in my day to eat...and i tend to eat for convienience....so last night i cooked honey mustard stir fry vegies on rice,,,for lunch today...to take out to a friends house after our work out..than leaving there and eating fast food, or something unhealthy on the run to go to work...but it is making a habit of doing this is what i know i need to do.....and when i run my own business, work mobile, subcontract work, and managing family, the days just seem too short and like now it is 10pm, and i am doing my washing for tomorrow....cause i know i wont have time tomorrow with every i need to do!!! yet alone work out what i am going to eat etc,,,,
So keep positve mate! you are giving us all and inspiration and make us look at what we should do too!
Nikkii
Old 09-17-2006, 12:06 AM   #866  

I got up too late for spin class...plan B turned out better than spin class, I rode my bicycle to the gym. It took me about 45 minutes each way, it was fun! I only spent like a half an hour at the gym, front day! I thought of ledom while I was doing my pushups. I hope you are enjoying your camping trip!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ledom View Post
I am just thinking a lot about the efficiency with which I move through life and I want to make it ALL work.
THAT'S DEEP. I will have to mull that one over for myself.

Nikkii - take care of yourself, girl....it makes me tired just reading about your day. Cooking ahead is an excellent plan, it makes it so much easier to stay on plan.

Twinkle - way to go on the killer workout...sweat is GOOD!

Angel-eyes - you must be on the mend by now...I hope!
Old 09-17-2006, 01:15 PM   #867  
soon to be goddess

Yes, I suppose I am on the mend, I have about 3 days left of meds to take and TOM is almost gone but having the last week off and feeling crappy.....have left me back at square one with no motivation!!! Dh was off for 3 days last week and we had words (or he did any ways....) that left 2 days that was spent with the proverbial "walking on egg shells" . hate that!! We are all now good, but boy....he sure is under alot of stress and it spills off here at home!!! I know I just have to do it, and make the time but I lately feel defeated alot. Thanks for thinking of me girls!!
Old 09-17-2006, 05:47 PM   #868  
Nikkii from Australia

Angel Eyes - Gee I hope things get better, and i feel they will, horrible that us humans tend to take thing out on those we love, but neverless keep to your routine as much as you can, as it will help you stay mentally tuned as well.
Chick in the hat - Hey, yes for one day i wish the day could stop and just be about me feeling good....but it seems impossible at the best of times with work and family. Health wise i have been getting better...still cant breathe properly in throat restriction and on meds....but i have lost my voice, so it has been a challenge to work and just generally talk!!
Today is my new day of counting calories and getting myself off the wagon. I am having such a crazy time as the steroids from the medication is making me sooooo hungry and thirsty, and i would hate to hink of the calories i have consumed over the last 2 weeks....
Regards
Nikkii
Old 09-18-2006, 02:13 PM   #869  
soon to be goddess

WHOA....nikki...!!!! okay, this might be a 'duh' thing to ask, but are inhalers a type of steriod? I've been taking 2 different kinds and one is 4times a day!!! This would explain my carb stuffing behaviour of the last week while taking them!!!
Old 09-19-2006, 08:37 PM   #870  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Wow, lot's of activity over here as of late. I know you will all be watching the season opener of TBL tomorrow night. I am really excited about it and am hoping for the contagious spirit to take me away. Hope that the great energy Jillian generated will still be present. Anyway, I did have fun camping but came home exhausted. I slept in the last 2 mornings because I felt I needed to. I did get to hike tonight and hope to be back at it in the a.m.