Jillian's Girls Exercise Journal

You're on Page 53 of 101
Go to
  • Hi All,
    I went for a bike ride with my boyfriend yesterday.. well, it was more like half a bike ride and half me pushing my bike up the stupid hills! But it was fun. We went for an hour and a half and i really had to push myself. I didn't think i was going to make it back to the car, so i had to push myself to keep moving otherwise i'd still be stuck out in the bush waiting for someone to bring a car to me! And my butt is still trying to recover!

I got called into work today, and now i'm exhausted! I have to do a workout tonight, but i don't know if i have the energy, i guess i'll have to see.

Chick- i do the same thing! Tell myself i can eat a little bit of this or that because i've worked out, i really need to put an end to that, and i'm concentrating on that this week. Did you get to go dancing???
  • Go Twinkle! Your bike ride sounds great. It is cool over there now too isn't it?

I finally got back down to the basement for my first post vacation workout this a.m. It felt fantastic! Kinda! I was a sweat ball when I finished and my legs were like noodles. Think I'll dose up with some glutamine today as I am expecting really sore muscles. I also have in mind that I'll catch a yoga class tonight. Yesterday I got healthy food in the house. Well groceries anyway, gotta get things cooked up today.

So, now that my trip is over it is time to reevaluate my motivation. It was really important for me to lose weight for the "man", I know I know. It was really so I would feel comfortable around the man. And you know what, I did. It was fun to wear short skirts and not be too cringe worthy wearing shorts and a swim suit. Hey, at 52 it ain't a pretty sight, but so much better than it was. He, the man, made no personal comments toward my efforts whatsoever. Surely he noticed my 60 lb. loss even if he didn't say anything.

But now the trip is over, and the post vacation misbehavior as well and it is time to get with it again because I figure I still have about 40 lbs. to lose. I have one thing in mind that should spur me on. I ordered a kayak this weekend that has a much smaller cockpit than my old one. I really hope I won't have buyer's remorse over this - it will spur me on though because fitting into a cockpit is like fitting into a pair of pants. My first boat had a huge cockpit, purchased when I weighed over 250 lbs. I had started to feel like I needed something smaller before I lost it so I guess I got my wish albeit not the way I would have wished. And then, I will eventually see "the man" again and I'd love to be at goal then so there is another incentive. This is besides looking great for myself and improving my health.

Gina and twinkle, I sure know about that entitlement mentality. Recognizing and naming the problem is a good first step. When I really start refining the amount of calories I have in a day I know it makes a huge difference and also that I have to go about it gradually as to avoid feeling dissatisfied and kind of cheated.

Ya'll take care.
  • ledom - a sweat ball with noodle legs...GOOD TIMES.... I was thinking about the "man" not mentioning a 60 pound loss...he might have been trying to figure out how to say something without saying something that sounds like he didn't like how you looked before....or he could be one of those not so observant types?
    A new kayak!!! YAY!!! You will fit in it. You ARE a loser.

Twinklegirl - Way to go on sticking it out on the bike ride. Keep up the hard work - it stops hurting, I swear! The best part was you had fun!

Today was supposed to be a cardio day but the scooter was acting up on the way to the gym. Oh well...tomorrow is front day.
  • Ledom- It is definitly cool over here at the moment! Actually it's pretty windy outside right now, i've got the heater cranked up to keep me warm! But we are having some nice sunny days, it's still a little cool, but good weather for bike riding The boyfriend wants to go again this saturday, and i've suggested a different track, one without so many hills! But we'll have to see if we have the time. And yeah, i agree with chick, maybe he isn't observant (because that's such a rare thing to find in a guy! ) or didn't want to hurt your feelings!

I'm pretty excited tonight, my kind of big brother (he's actually my brothers best friend whom i have known for about 15 years and i love him just like another big brother) might be coming over to see us tomorrow night, if he has time. I haven't seen him in ages because he's in the army and has just got back from Lebanon helping other Aussies get out, so i can't wait to see him! I just had to share that because i'm so damn excited!

My foods been really good and i have done all of my workouts, so i'm anticipating a loss this week, but i'll have to wait until friday to really tell.
  • Afternoon girls - yeah, I think he noticed, just isn't good at making personal comments. I didn't care, I was just glad I felt good.

Soooo, I didn't do the glutamine because I forgot and lordy lordy am I hobbling around. I hadn't done a lunge, a leg extension or a squat since July 3 when we had the fire. It is like I am starting all over again. Except I don't think I lost strength or cardiovascular endurance. It is too hot for a full fledged hike but I did cruise the hilly neighborhood route once it got cooled down and I felt great going up the hills.

Anyway, I did make it to yoga and that felt really good and I am trying to throw in a few little extra calorie burning activities until I can really get back on the trail or paddling.

OK, I am thinking about my new weight loss goals. I have about 44 lbs. to go and since I live my life by semesters I'd like to plan to lose about 24 lbs. by the end of the year. I wish I could say more, like 40 lbs. but I know my body, it isn't letting go of weight that fast. The 4 in the 24 is the 4 lbs. I gained on my trip. All in all I don't think that is too bad. Of course I want those 4 lbs. to come off super fast.
  • YAY! I lost another kilo (2.2 pounds). My weight loss had kind of stalled because of eating some not so great food, but now i'm back on track, i'm starting to feel like i'm getting close-ish to my first goal. Now, i have to go workout, and i really don't feel like it.

Have a great day everyone!
  • Yay Twinklegirl!!! The food thing is SOOOOOOOO HARD!!! You must be doing something right.

Ledom - I think 24 pounds is doable. You've got over 4 months to work with...you go get 'em, girl! I hope the soreness is gone - pain sux.

I had a pretty good day at the gym - extra cardio and I haven't gotten into the monster sized can of peanuts DH bought. Yay ME!
  • Twinkle girl that is fantastic!!!! You go girlfriend.

Thanks for your encouragement Gina. I think I can do it too, but it will take concentrated effort and I know that. Right now I am so hopeful about dipping into the 180's, virgin territory. That is my immediate goal. This a.m. I was at 194 so it is getting close.
  • Good morning!

I decided yesterday to make this week pure cardio week....except maybe some ab work....I can never do too much ab work. Just trying to see what switching things up does. And experimenting to see what it does to my appetite....yesterday was elliptical and rowing machine and some crunches. This week I think I'm going to try a spinning class if I can find one at a decent time. I think today might be a good day for swimming.

194 - woo hoo ledom!!! Seems like not too long ago you were busting into Onederland...

Hey twinklegirl and angel-eyes!
  • Hey Chick, Good on you for shaking things up! If you take a spin class, let us know what's it like! The gym near me has just started them, and i'm too scared to take one at the moment, too scared i'll end up throwing up mid way through, or just collapsing!
  • good luck w/ all cardio all the time Gina. Will surely get that scale going the right direction for you. I am TOTALLY missing my hikes now the weather is too hot. I think that extra was making a huge difference. Let's hear it for fall. In case I didn't mention - full time work starts Friday. Back in the race.
  • Hi girls!!!....I'M BAACK!!!! from vacation that is!!! I had a great time although we ran out of time....we had sooo much we had wanted to do and the time just flew by. The driving time went well, we divided the first day for the 12 hr and the second day for the 6 hrs. Thank goodness for all the electronic gadgets the boys had. Also proud to say they also read 3-4 books each. Family is all good and boy have they grown, the boys cousins that is..... , one little one was only 3 months old last time we were there and now he is almost 4.5 yo !!! Can't believe he's walking and talking!!! I def. wasn't OP but didn't do too badly either....I tried to balance it all out with occasional desserts added in. I won't weigh in for a little while though, as TOM is here. (blech...) I'll read up all the posts and get caught up later.....NICE TO BE BACK!!
  • Welcome back Angel - I am glad you had a good time. I know what you mean about holding off on the weigh-ins. I am in the same place. As good as my intentions are, the last week has been a struggle. I win some battles and lose others but I am getting my workouts done. My quads are VERY sore. Today I ate by the clock so I wouldn't end up at the end of the day with no more food to eat but hungry. It seemed to help. Also, I finally got my internet connected at home again. No more temptations at the coffee shop. Slowly but surely.... House remodeling going well but too slow for my taste. My new slogan, the only thing worse than the construction crew showing up at 7:30 every morning is when they don't show up! I am ready to reclaim my space!!!!
  • Yay!! Welcome back, Angel-eyes!! I'm pretty impressed they put down the gadgets long enough to read books!! My nephews pretty much have gadgets surgically implanted.

ledom - I kinda like your eating by the clock plan...I might just have to steal it. I hope they finish up your house soon...maybe if you offer to help? I know that always gets DH moving faster I think it's fear that I'm not bluffing...

Twinklegirl - I'm going to try the spin class tomorrow...I'll let y'all know if I fall off or puke or something. Today was elliptical....at the gym with the TV's on each machine...
  • Morning-It is a study in contantly redefining and figuring out what will work. I guess if this was easy we would all be thin. Eating by the clock yesterday worked for me so I'll be doing it, until I forget again.... It is hard to keep all the ball in the air on this one. I am SO *f-ing* tired of this losing of the weight. Really! It is taking me so long, taking so much effort, so ENDLESSSS. OK - I guess enough of that rant! Off to workout, but Gina, 13 lbs. to go, I want to be where you are.