The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 07-23-2006, 03:28 PM   #766  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey chickies -
I attempted a trip to the gym yesterday....somehow I just couldn't make myself work out. TOM....I don't usually get hit too hard with it...but it was 115 degrees here yesterday....and I mowed the lawn a little too late. I was sweating up a storm. So I counted that as my workout. I even went swimming at the gym...but the water wasn't cold enough to feel good. Can ya tell heat makes me grumpy? I'm feeling better today...I'll hit the gym in a bit.
Twinklegirl...hopefully you aren't stressing too much... Working out is great for dealing with stress....
Angel-eyes - YAY clothes shopping!! in your job search! Canada sounds pretty good right now...I bet it's not 115 up there.
I haven't talked myself into paying for cable yet....so no Bravo channel...'cept maybe at the gym if I pick the right time to go. I'll hafta check it out.
Old 07-27-2006, 12:36 PM   #767  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Chick.....Hope TOM is now a thing of the past and you're able to get back to normal. HOw's those temps? still hot?

ledom.....Are you back yet? We sure miss you but hope you're having the time of your life!!!

Twinkle..... Hi, how are you doing? Its sure been quiet lately.

Well last night I sure slept better, didn't wake up until a huge storm at 6:30 this morning. No whoosh whoosh today in my head, so thats good but still stuffy and congested. I'm also taking that 'airborne' fizzy tablet, so hopefully all those vitamins will give a good kick to those germs. My neice and her finance (and his 2 kids) arrive tonight for the weekend. Hopefully all will go well, my boys just love her and we'll be going wedding dress shopping. WW meals are already planned so **fingers crossed**. Have a great day!!
Old 07-27-2006, 08:10 PM   #768  

Hey!
I'm sorry I've been AWOL....something wrong with the wireless router at home, work was a bear this week.

It finally cooled off today....I think it's only supposed to be 99. Feels like spring after the last 10 days....the news is full of how we are breaking records. WHATEVAH....somebody please turn off the heater.

I'm going to see The English Beat tonite...dancing for cardio. Woo Hoo!

angel-eyes - have fun with the wedding dress shopping
Old 07-29-2006, 11:00 PM   #769  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Hi girls - I am on my way home. Should arrive on wednesday afternoon. My trip was great - simply great. Did a lot of great exercise and ate fish and berries as much as possible. Things are disintegrating a bit on the drive home but I am going to watch it from here on out. Can't wait to get back into the the routine - well I can actually, but it will feel good to get back to that place.
Old 07-30-2006, 07:08 PM   #770  
TwinkleGirl

S/C/G: 220/179/154

Height: 5'9"

Hi Girls,
Angel, I hope you're feeling better soon!

Everything is ok with me, my food was pretty crappy yesterday, it was my birthday and i ate some food that i really like, but that isn't that great for me, and i might have to skip my workout today. I'm so busy today, but i'm going to try to fit in a workout tonight. My food will be back on track today... i just feel sort of crappy about it. Oh well, nothing to do but move on and get back on track!
Hope you all are feeling good and are on track.
Old 07-30-2006, 09:40 PM   #771  
soon to be goddess

twinkle.....Happy (belated) birthday!!! That is the best kind of attitude to have.....you did it, enjoyed it and now MOVE ON!!! I would rather have a blip in my day than a whole week right off. I managed to have a great OP weekend (my neice was visiting.....) and then for dinner tonight I just threw in some waffles and had them. I could have eaten better, but I didn't. That was my blip....tommorow will be back OP.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:55 PM   #772  

Finally I fixed my wireless connection.....

Happy really belated BDay, twinklegirl!!!

angel-eyes - a couple waffles after an OP weekend? That's a small blip - girl!

ledom - looking forward to hearing about your trip!!

I had a good gym day today - the weather has been beautiful - lots of scooter riding in, too.
Old 08-03-2006, 04:15 PM   #773  
soon to be goddess

Hi girls.....just getting ready for our vacation, we leave tommorow!!! We're so very excited, we haven't been home to see our family in 5 years. I won't be posting while away, but I'll certainly be thinking of you!!! Stay OP and get that water and excercise in. bye bye.....
Old 08-03-2006, 07:41 PM   #774  
Chick

Angel - have a safe trip and I hope you have lots of fun.

Man, my trip was fantastic. Paddling, walking on the beach, eating fresh fish, hanging out with my friend. Lot's of margaritas. Man oh man, I got back last night and I still haven't gotten the diet back. Of course my house is still chaos. I can find nothing. Tonight my girlfriends are having me over for drinks and a trip report. But after tonight - goodbye cocktails - hello scales and morning workouts. This evening I convinced myself to weigh. Not pretty. I think it'll come back off pretty fast. I really was more or less good until the 5 day drive home and then I lost it. Eating things I haven't eaten in months - it has my stomach all upset and I just don't function well on the low quality fuel so it is time to get a grip because I am ready to go DOWN again.
Old 08-03-2006, 10:56 PM   #775  

angel-eyes Have a wonderful trip!!!

ledom - so good to have you back! Don't trip over the scale - it will come off again. The point is you are all rested and you enjoyed yourself.

twinklegirl - how's that track going? My food train derailled a ways back...I need to get back on track myself. Today has been good. So today is the first of many good days to come. It was a good day in the gym, as well.
Old 08-04-2006, 08:06 AM   #776  
TwinkleGirl

S/C/G: 220/179/154

Height: 5'9"

Hi Ladies,
God, it seems like everyone is going or has been on holidays.. is it holiday time over there or something? Or are you all just trying to escape the hot temps that i've been hearing about?
My food hasn't been great, i haven't been off plan entirely, i've just been sneaking a few things i shouldn't be having! But this week i am going to kick ***! I got a heart rate monitor for my birthday (and thank you for all the happy birthdays!) and man, i can't get my heart rate up to 85%, but i'm trying!
Anyway, i hope you all have a great start to the week, well, it's like Thursday there i know, but my diet week starts on Fridays. And hopefully next Friday i'll have some news to report of a loss!
Chick, you always have good days in the gym, you must workout like a fiend!
Ledom- Welcome back! Nice to hear you had a great time... i guess we both need to kick some *** this week!
Old 08-04-2006, 10:43 AM   #777  
Chick

Thanks for you encouragement ladies because I got nothing but EXCUSES. Good ones too - my house is chaos - construction workers, everything in every room of my house packed away. I can't find the lid to my favorite pan, I can't find the salt, I don't have a microwave, it is hotter'n he!! here. The list goes on. I did plan to workout this a.m. but all the construction commotion distracted me. I am at the WiFi cafe because I still don't have internet and won't until the 15th for god's sake. That is how long you have to wait when you call the cable company, almost 2 solid weeks.

But......I know excuses don't work anymore. I'll keep you posted on how I resolve all this.

Gina, so sorry about your friend. I know how that feels and when I lost one of my best friends a few years back I, and all the rest of the gang, drank a lot. It seemed to help. Though I guess it really didn't. But I am sorry and I hope that you have good luck in getting back to good eating soon as I wish that for the rest of us. Let's just do it in spite of life!
Old 08-04-2006, 09:50 PM   #778  

Today was a rest day...'cept maybe some dancing tonight if I can talk DH into not being a stick in the mud...

twinklegirl - 85% is HARD....I can only do it on good days...and even then I usually only last like a 1/2 an hour at that level. I can sustain 75% for an hour without killing myself...I figure it's better to enjoy my workout if I want to sustain being consistent with it. So I take the tradeoff of fewer calories burned. It's all about what you can make a lifetime habit.
As for if summer is holiday time - it kind of turns out that way, school is usually out between June and September..a lot of people plan vacations around that.

ledom - I hope your house gets put back together soon - I don't deal well with chaos either. You'll figure it out...'member? You are so over being fat.
Old 08-05-2006, 10:27 AM   #779  
Chick

oh yes Gina - I haven't forgotten
Old 08-06-2006, 05:35 PM   #780  

I'm headed to the gym - YAY for back day!!

I'm contemplating this post....
Quote:
Originally Posted by SusanB
I needed to address my sense of entitlement ... what I deserved.
Many years ago, I worked a four hour shift in the mornings. I collected groceries, a few each day and carried them home on my way. I often added a chocolate bar .... because I deserved it. I had three small children, I worked, I had to walk because I had no car .... I deserved a treat, right?
Did I really deserve a bundle of empty calories wrapped in chemical bindings?
No ... what I would have deserved was a nice fresh fruit smoothie with clean fat free protein .....
from a thread in the Support forum...I do this to myself all the time. I use the working out as an excuse to eat more...but I'm just running in place because I keep replacing the calories burned with more empty calories.

I've been lurking in the Whole Foods forum as well....this whole Super Foods thing is interesting.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend!