Jillian's Girls Exercise Journal

You're on Page 43 of 101
Go to
  • haha....you know it Chick!!! I had that new teacher 2 days in a row...(she was subbing in for 2 diff. teachers) and I can barely walk !!!! but yeah, I'm off to the gym now to stretch things out and do some cardio. I've only been walking 30 min and can feel the foot almost on the verge of the shooting pain (again) so no running yet. Its getting better but not fast enough..... time will tell. Have a great weekend....anyone camping this long weekend?? Watch out for all the Memorial day bbq's!!!!
  • Morning girls - thanks for the warning about the BBQ,s. I have a couple of mine fields to navigate this weekend. Won't be camping but I am paddling today (have a big salad packed w/ chicken breast and veggies purchased from the farmer's market this very morning.)

Keep up the good fight everyone.

I have a nice NSV to report. Yesterday when I went to the Dr. the nurse who weighed me in started w/ the scale under 200 lbs. I told her that I weighed a little over and she said, you sure don't look it! She did good :-), I told her it was because I was mostly muscle, not fat and she said she liked the way I was thinking. I have been noticing some new firmness the last few days.
  • angel-eyes....dang girl...that foot has been acting up for a while. You musta really tweaked it out. Take care of yourself!
    Paddle on, ledom!!! Great NSV at the doc's office!! Told ya so!!!

I'm off to the gym - front day today....I'm writing down a new routine for the day. We'll see how it goes. Not doing anything special this weekend - but a farmers market is a GREAT idea!! Gotta love the really fresh fruits and veggies!!!
  • wooohooo That is FANTASTIC ledom......you are sooo right....everyone needs a little "firmness"!!! Any day now.....just you wait and see!!!! That salad sounds great and good for you for the extra planning. Enjoy your paddle.

chick.....Have a great workout!! I was up and out early so I could get it done with. My gym closes early today due to the holiday and there was no way I wanted to "not stretch" those new muscles ( ) I found!!! Walked on treadmill for 1 hour and then I did weights for 30 minutes. uh oh....dh suggested a german restaurant for dinner tonight!! we'll see..... I don't suppose they grill schnitzel do they?
  • OMG Angel - you were so right!

After an extremely active day yesterday and picture perfect eating I woke up to 199 on the scale!
  • Working out every day
    Good morning.

I've been avidly working out every day to increase my weight loss process. A month ago hired a personal trainer and he's really kicking my butt! I walk at least an hour a day with my dogs and do ab exercises once home.

I'm hoping to keep up with this 3 chick site.

Cheers,
    Naomi
    Canada
  • WOOOHOOOO ledom !!!!!! I knew it!!! and I'm soooo proud of you!!!!WELCOME TO ONDERLAND!!!!

Hi Miami... great job on your workouts!!!
  • angel-eyes beat me to the woo hoo....so I will add - freaking **** yeah!!!! You worked so hard - you deserve this, ledom!!! It's all downhill from here, girl!

to Naomi! What kind of dogs have you got? What kind of workouts does your trainer have you doing?
  • Awwww shucks!

Thank you.

You know I couldn't have done it without you guys.
  • Well done ledom! We're all so proud of you! I knew you could do it!!!

Miami! Sounds like you're doing some good workouts! Well done!
  • Hi Guys!
    Just wanted to give you a little catch up with me. I decided not to weigh in last week. I had a big fight with my boyfriend the night before he went overseas for a few days, and we didn't really get to talk when he was away, so my eating was pretty bad. I didn't want to weigh in because i knew that if i gained, i'd completely fall off the wagon. So i'm looking forward to this weeks weigh in. I've been doing some good, solid workouts so i'll hopefully get a good loss this week.

Ledom- Once again i just want to congratualate you on your awesome achievement! You've done really well, and should be very proud! A bunch of balloons for your awsome work!
    Chick- How did your new routine go???
    Angel- Sounds like you've been doing some good workouts! How did the german restaurant go?
    Miami- How you going? Still hanging in there with the kick- butt workouts?
  • Thanks sadgirl - you are so sweet. I bet you'll be happy with your weigh-in this week. I know very well about the weeks that you just think it better not to weigh, it sounds like you did what successful losers do though. You got right back with it.

I hope everyone had a good holiday. I did. Still below 200 this a.m. and trying to get a good foothold so that even with daily fluctuations I never have to see the 200 again. Still a little wobbly there, but it won't be long.

Welcome Miami - hope you're having a good week so far. You came to a good place for some first rate cheerleading to a healthier lifestyle.
  • I had a nice quiet Memorial Day - the gym was even open.... I debated as to whether I needed to even do Back Day today....because yesterday was spent hauling piles of weeds and tree branches and so on out to the street. The jungle of a back yard has been tamed. Then we barbequed steaks and zucchini and mushrooms and corn....

Today I decided to do back day anyway....it went ok. I went to a different gym - it's closer but not as nice. It feels funny in a new place - I need to learn where all the stuff is...some of the machines are a little different, too. I'll try it a few more times....maybe after I get used to it...this gym isn't women only either - it has a different vibe.

ledom - I'm so psyched for you!
    Quote: Still a little wobbly there, but it won't be long.
    This is exactly right....it won't be long before 200 is fading in the rear view mirror.

sadgirl - for a good weigh in for you! Good for you for knowing yourself well enough to draw the line and get back in gear.

Angel-eyes & Naomi!!
  • Hi girls....I'm back to starting day #1 of OP (again) I keep derailing after a few days, but just got back from a great workout and I was able to run again for 20 minutes. (yippie) ....not that I love running, I mean its okay....but it really pushes the amount of calories burned to such a higher level....THATS WHAT I REALLY LOVE ABOUT IT!!! My scale read 199.5 today, time to buckle down if I want to be 15lbs lighter by August (and my fabulous trip back home....!!!) Weight wise, I was able to "up" my free weights to 15 lbs for most of my arm excercises!!! WOOHOOO I'm gonna pump you up!!!
  • Wow Angel - we are the same weight. Well, we are just going to have to give it our best shot and GET THERE. Good job getting back on program. I am out this afternoon for a few days of camping. Going to make a couple salads to keep in the ice chest and just take my normal food - I can make this work.

Good week to all of you.