Jillian's Girls Exercise Journal

You're on Page 30 of 101
Go to
  • Thanks Tynee. I took a day of rest today also, I just felt my body needed it. How was your yoga workout? Hate TOM.... , hope you feel better soon.
  • Week 2 day one...I added a few extra jumping jacks...it's easier than the first time around.

Sounds like everyone is doing good!

Yay Jillian's girls!!!

Angeleyes - take care of that shoulder...
  • Week 7 day 2 done yesterday and today is a rest day. Thank God!!! I am so sore today. I think that Jillian plans harder workouts before a rest day knowing that the following day is a rest. I cannot believe how sore I am. The extra 30 seconds of butt kicks and jumping jacks and butt kicks with weights take every last breath out of me at the end of each circuit. My heart rate skyrockets during these. Watching the show last night made me realize just how tough she is and why she is doing it. I keep thinking about that and trying to improve myself when I want to stop. I keep on pushing through the pain to make myself a better person. Somethings are worth fighting for.
  • Hey-I am drinking coffee and having computer time now but will heading down to the basement in a jif. So, on soreness. I find myself craving hot soaking baths ALL THE TIME anymore. It seems my muscles are always feeling the soreness/tiredness/workedoutness, am really getting into the bath salts and long soaks. Yeah, loved watching the show last night, it was a good one. I loved the friendliness displayed between the couples and it seemed like everyone involved gave the effort 100%.
  • angel-eyes.. thank you, and thanks to TOM I could not do my yoga
    I am better today and I will be doing my Front workout today

Shauna - awesome, you go girl

ledom - you are definately NOT kidding about the muscle soreness. Those hot baths sound awesome !!

After watching last nites BL show I am inspired once again... WE CAN DO THIS!!!
  • Chick.....forgot to mention how much I love your hat!! Nice to put a face to the name. You're soooo stylin'
  • I do rock, don't I?

Day 2 of week 2...my head wasn't in it today....I got it done - but the original plan was to go right after work. On the way home the On Call phone went off...45 minutes later I figured I may as well walk the dog while there was a little sunshine left. By the time I got to the gym it was pretty crowded... So I attempted to work around everyone...but there is a really good reason to get there by 4. Oh well...I might toss in a little extra cardio tomorrow. I didn't go as fast/hard as I could have.

I like last night's BL as well. The couples both had their heads on straight. I couldn't find anyone to be annoyed by..so I couldn't figure out who to root for. The biggest team seems to always win. Even with the percentage lost rule - they simply have more to lose. I'm looking for ward to the real deal...these Special editions are fun, but they go too fast.

Shaunarae - ya sure do earn those rest days!!!
  • I'm finishing up week 7. I did the backside workout today, have cardio tomorrow and then a rest day. Then on to week 8. My knees are killing me. Actually, it hurts right below my kneecap. It hurts on squats. I had to modify some things today so I wasn't hurting my knee more. Hopefully, it will get better in the next few days so I don't have to compromise my form any more than I already had to today.
  • Hey girls - I haven't said lately how much I appreciate you all posting your daily workouts. It helps to know there are others out there sweating and believing. I just finished up my day 2 of the week 3. I think I'll stay on this sequence the whole 2 weeks. But I will do my cardio day out of sequence so I can count my weekend hike as cardio.

So, the last 2 weeks I have slipped a little on weigh in day. I have been playing this little game with myself that if I do it on Friday after I weigh I can get away with it. And for the most part I have, but somehow I feel the concept starting to control me instead of vice versa. I am here to say I am ready to nip this trend in the bud. Lost a lb. this past week and that is great, but I want a 2 lb. week now. I have a plan to eat my lowest cal meals this week and to add in a little evening cardio. In the spirit of Jillian's kick boxing I drug out the Tae Bo tapes this a.m. I have the very first ones that came out and will be plugging them in a few times this week. We'll see how it goes.

Take care of that knee Shaunarae, better to adjust than to end up not being able to workout at all. I am constantly making adjustments for my knees, it is why I do few of the jumping moves and substitue the treadmill. I will say my knees are much stronger than when I first started. Take care of yourself.
  • Once again I agree with Ledom - take it easy on that knee...I don't do the sideways lunge type stuff anymore - it seems to make my knee hurt the next day. I did Friday of week two today - I added in a little extra cardio to keep my heart rate up. Tomorrow is just cardio for me.
  • ledmom and chick- Thanks for the advice on the knee. This appears to be the injury that I have. http://www.time-to-run.com/injuries/...unnersknee.htm I didn't workout today because I'm feeling sick. DH and I went out Saturday night and I ate a lot of things I haven't had for 7 weeks and now have had bathroom problems all day. I've been eating Ramen Noodles and toast and nothing else today. Tomorrow is suppose to be a rest day, but I may make up my missed cardio if I feel up to it. I'm definitely going to have to modify in order to be able to continue. I hope to get back on track tomorrow. Thanks for the help. We can do this, together!
  • Just finished Monday's workout. Kinda short, about 35 min. but that is it for now. Gotta get myself together for work. Yesterday I did my long hike/jog. I am estimating about 5 miles but I am not sure. I jogged the downhill and a little uphill. It felt good, until later in the day anyway when everything stiffened up and I was hobbling around. Fine this morning though. After all the talk about knees I had a stiff sore knee. It started when, of all things, I went to the movies and sat through a too long movie without shifting. My knee just kind of froze up. But again, I was able to do my squats and leg extensions just fine this morning. I think stiffness was the main problem. I think what causes that is being OLD!
  • hehe....OH NO...tell me it isn't so?? OLD AGE?? I HATE when that happens. All of a sudden you wake up....AND you're old!!! actually, it doesn't happen just over night, but when someone asks you you're age and you can't remember!!!
  • Hello everyone,
    I hear you all about the sore/stiff knees. I started to get this too last week. I have never had any problems with my knees, and now it seems like all of a sudden my knees are starting to "click" and feel some slight dull pain.
    I think I should have taken it easy on the jumping jacks and skipping rope this past month - but I have learned and I will be doing the stationary bike instead.
    I did manage my workout today and made sure NOT to do any High-impact moves - I have learned my lesson....

I hope you all are having a wonderful day.
  • I ended up getting this knee support thing and getting on the treadmill today for 35 minutes for my cardio day. I didn't want to push it too much because I don't know how well the knee will hold up. It didn't hurt while on the treadmill. Hopefully, this will be the solution to my problem.

ledmom- Funny you mention getting old being the problem. My 39th birthday is Thursday and I kinda feel like my body is just falling apart now. There are so many problems that I've never had before just magically appear. It's a bit scary.

angel-eyes- I'm so old I have to think about the year I was born to figure out my age. I stopped counting birthdays a while ago.

tyneebutt- Take it easy on the knee now. I wish I wouldn't have pushed through some of the pain. The body is trying to tell you something. I will definitely be substituting some of the impact cardio on the treadmill until I can get over my knee problem.

Have a great evening everyone! I'm gonna watch the Bachelor tonight. I'm cheering for Sarah, the kindergarten teacher, of course.