Jillian's Girls Exercise Journal

You're on Page 20 of 101
Go to
  • OMG, that Jillian ain't a kiddin around. Watch out for Week 10/Day 4 and plan to stay a little longer at the gym!
  • hehe....I'll take your word for it!!

I didn't get much sleep last night so I just did some hand weights, situps and then my 40 min treadmill. Didn't have the energy really, but I pushed myself. I should be re-starting week 7 on MOnday. woohooo
  • Hey Ladies,

I want to buy Jillian's workout videos but I am not sure which one will be best for me. What do you all have and which has worked best?

I want to but some extra time in on shaping my upper body (arms, stomach and back). I work out 3x a week at Curves and the other 3 days I run the treadmill or taebo. I want to mix it up a little.

Any suggestions?

14 by February 14 Challenge

Ultimate Goal Tracker by May 2006
  • Welcome curvesforlife!!

I haven't checked out the DVD's yet - but a buncha gals here have. Here is a thread where they talked about it. Jillian's DVD's are based on front (chest, quads, shoulders, triceps and abs) and back (glutes, back, biceps, hamstrings and obliques). She has you do the front on one day and the back the next with a rest day after. That way you get 4 days a week of weight training with time in between for your muscles to recover. (An extra day of cardio is added in to make it a 7 day plan.

I just did Friday of Week 10 - it kicked my butt....especially when I got to the gym and found out I forgot the bottom half of my outfit...I tried to do my workouts in jeans...needless to say it wasn't a great idea. But there were no blowouts! Cardio tomorrow and then I think I'm going to skip the rest day to attempt to get my old schedule back.
  • Gina - I was anxious to hear what you thought about that last workout. Kick your butt is right. 3 sets of 50 pelvic thrusts left me feeling like I had lost at least 3 inches off my butt. Soreness inducing. I'm going to hike for cardio today. I will be taking my rest day, good luck getting back on schedule. A week from Monday my life changes when I go back to work. This week will be spent visualizing getting up, getting around to get the workout in, before my commute. I can do this. I can do this. I know I'll whine, but I can do it. P.S. Just a note to say that I am back down to my ticker weight. Hopefully by next week I can start shoving that bottom ticker to the right. And for that I think I deserve a !
  • Best workout ever!
    OK so maybe not THE best, but i just came back from the gym and i felt like i could have stayed ages longer! (Did Friday of week 5) I attempted it yesterday, when it actually was Friday but my heart just wasn't in it and i felt sick so i gave up...

But today i don't know why but i felt so much more energized and willing to give it my all! I'm going to give myself a carrot too!
  • I think ledom and navynerd deserve carrots and bananas!!!!

I think my butt is broken today....was it just yesterday I told someone the soreness goes away? Stupid jeans....never again. I should have just gone home to get my workout pants but it was rush hour and by the time I got back it would have been too late. Ah well...goood excuse to go shopping for a spare pair of pants to always keep in the gym bag.
  • Lmao!
    Going to the gym in jeans! ha! Yes the pain will subside , but for the moment i just can't stop laughing at visualizing going to the gym in jeans. I'm picturing myself doing it in my head now, cracking myself up laughing!

*Tight 1980s stonewash jeans...with rainbow coloured leg warmers...*
  • 3 mile walk today. You guys are all doing so great!! I just signed up for the discovery body challenge which includes 8 weeks free at Bally's, so it will be interesting to see how the exercises feel on the machines. Body challenge starts Jan. 11, so till then I'll just keep modifying at home. Are you telling me tight 80's jeans and legwarmers aren't "in" anymore? Crap....
  • Gina - the first day of my Jillian workouts all my sports bras were in the washer so I attempted in a normal bra. Let me just say, never again. It was a painful experience..
  • Hey - no leg warmers, please....not even in the eighties....(I did sport a purple mohawk back then tho )

Yay - happydaisy - sounds like you are feeling better.
  • Morning!!.....I'm so dissappointed in the 'no legwarmers rule' Yesterday was a really good day for working out. I went and did an a typical week 4 workout....(getting really good at just improvising) and then did a 35 minute run on the treadmill. Last night I went downhill skiing for the first time and re-discovered all my muscles AGAIN!!! Even though it was on the bunny hill....the rope pull to the top inspired my biceps and deltoids. The skiing worked my core muscles and legs to a bone weary sensation....good but tiring. I got in almost 4 hours of skiing and quite the workout.
  • Love it! Love the enthusiasm here! angel-eyes, I think the biggest thrill is how these workouts translate into strength when it comes to sports for fun. That is when the real value asserts itself for me. I am just able to do so much more, so much better. Finished my hike and it was great - I explored the trails around here a little more to include more steep incline than my usual path. I came out at an hr. and 10 min. and it was just groovy.
  • ledom.....you are so right!!! Dh and I were talking about the 'thrill' of last night and he said my smile at the accomplishment of skiing was priceless. And then to have the stamina and muscle strength to have fun and ski. I was on top of the world. Today, I headed out for a gorgeous walk and took the opportunity while walking (music blaring) to be proud of just how far I had come!!! I CAN FEEL THE POWER!!!
  • That is so cool!!! Infectious enthusiasm!!!

I did my cardio today - tackling day 1 of week 11 tomorrow...

Also took the dog for a walk by the river - it's really high right now!! High and muddy...but what a beautiful day! Sunny and about 65 degrees. *Sorry to all the people in ugly weather today*

After ledoms "groovy" comment I felt compelled to blast some Grateful Dead out the open sunroof on the way to the gym...