Help!!!

• I'm so glad I happened to come here and find an LAWL support group. I started LAWL 21 days ago and have only lost 3 pounds. It is my fault-I can't seem to get it together and do the program. I'm so addicted to food!!

If anyone has any good advice, I'll listen. I think it just helps to know others are on the plan and I can come here to get ideas and such.

I'll soon leave profile of myself when I get more time!

Thanks everyone!

Apples!
  • Applegirl,

At first it can be hard to get in the swing of things. I found that planning my eating out for the next day really helped a lot. I carry a little notebook around in my purse and plan out all my food for the next day. This helps keep me focused. I also found that is important to get ALL your foods in. Drink all your water and don't beat yourself up for little slip ups. Just pick yourself up and make a choice to get back on the plan.

IF you have more specific questions post again and Im sure all of the wonderful people on here will have lots of suggestions and advice@!
  • Apples, I feel your pain!

This Friday marks my 4th week since I joined LAWL. When I joined, I thought that it was going to be so easy. Having been a WW veteran, I honestly believed that I would adapt rather well to having a set amount of food to eat each day.

Instead, I struggled! I hated the LA Lites and was starving all the time. Thankfully, the counselors were very attentive and fixed those problems by moving me to a different plan. Still, I struggle with the structure.

Like Mary and mrsbeanie say, planning on this program is everything. Check out the journal thread for some great ideas and to see how others are structuring their plan.

I bombard my counselors with tons of questions and I seem to fail my diary check every weigh-in! I just figure that I'm learning and eventually this wall all just click into place and I'll be able to string a whole bunch of OP days together (haven't managed that one yet! )

You'll get it. It really does take time and persistance.

Andi
  • I agree with everything the ladies have already said. One of the best things for me was to plan out my day ahead of time until the program became second nature to me. I think variety is key so that you don't get bored either.

Also, use your counselors as a resource. They have given me so many wonderful suggestions.

One of the most important things though is to eat everything. It's baffling to me, but I experience the best losses when I eat all my portions.

Hope this helps.
  • Thank you all for the words of wisdom! I spent all last night reading thru the threads and there is so much to learn, a lot of ideas I can apply to make this so much easier. I will definatly keep in touch in here!

PS, Wow, mrsbeanie, I hope to have stats like yours some day!!
  • Applegirl - Thanks! I am happy! And in no time you will have stats to beat me!! I know it!

Like I said everyone here is great with support and advice. I too have found a wealth of information on these boards. I ocassionally check out the food boards and other journals (food) to see what people are eating and give myself some new ideas. I have learned that I get bored with the same food over and over real easily. I need to expand my taste buds. LOL

GOOD LUCK
    beanie