Hello! Third "attempt" around here! ;)

• *waves*

I'm Hilary and I've been a member for a few years, but have always dropped off the wagon after a short time.

I'm just starting over, and I'm going to forget about all the other times.

So, here goes!

I'm 29 and have three young children. On October 22 I was 224 pounds. I'm 222.5 right now, and happy as a clam about it. :P

I have bronchitis right now and I'm on my period, but I'm not letting those two stop me. I have to get plenty of rest because of the bronchitis, but I'm still getting workouts in. For exercise, I'm doing a 2 mile deluxe walk with Leslie Sansone and I am really enjoying it. I attempted to do the weight loss walk on the same dvd, but just 10 minutes into it I thought I was going to pass out - so I'm going to do the other walk a few more times and work my way up to the other one!

I am just watching what I eat and making sure I don't snack and so far, it's actually going really well.

My goal weight is 115 (I'm 5'1") and I'm breaking my weight loss up into five "phases" to make the journey a little less daunting for me. I'm *HOPING* to start the new year out at 199, and that's my first mini goal. I'm trying to focus more on measurements and such rather than weight, but it's a super easy way to tell what's going on. hehe =)

Looking forward to getting to know you all!!!
  • Welcome Hilary

Sounds like you have a pretty good plan there. You can do it.

I like your avatar ~ that is cute.
  • Welcome back It sounds like you have a great plan in place and are ready to go. WTG on exercising.
  • Hi Hilary!
    You are short like me I'm 4 foot 12 - I'm starting over again.. (but for the billionth time! ) Let's do this together!

How old are your kids? Mine are 5 and 8mos
  • Thanks for the welcome!

Dana - my kids are 7, 6, and 4! =) I feel like I'm constantly starting over...praying this is the LAST time! lol =)
  • never stop trying
    Quote: Thanks for the welcome!

Dana - my kids are 7, 6, and 4! =) I feel like I'm constantly starting over...praying this is the LAST time! lol =)
    Hello there,
    I am proud of you for starting over. You have to keep trying until you get it right. I think that's true with many thing in life.
  • Welcome back! If you're only on attempt No. 3., you're doing really well. I think I was on attempt No. 5 million when it finally took. Good for you for getting on the exercise bandwagon. Sounds like you're doing great!
  • Hehe, no only my third attempt on this site.

I can't even begin to count the number of times I've "decided" to lose weight. hehe