New here and had a question about the LAWL program

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I've just started this program and they have me on the purple plan. It's my first day using it too, I'm doing pretty well, but feel so hungry. Is this normal? And if it is, how long am I suppose to feel this way while on the program? I'm sure it's like with any diet, but I was just wondering if it's me or have any other ladies on this program felt this way too. Thanks for taking the time to read this and help me out.
  • Hi Want2Be and to the LAWL Forum.

To feel hungry is perfectly normal. Your body is adjusting to life without refined sugar. I got so scared on day 2 that I called the center. They told me the feeling would pass, and by day 3 I did feel much better. Hang in there, and be sure to join us on the LAWL Losers and Friends monthly thread. There are a lot of terrific ladies over there with a boatload of great advice.
  • Welcome Want2be

Don't worry after you get over the initial shock, you will be sitting down at the end of the day wondering how are you going to eat all of that food today. Thankfully our bodies adjust alot quicker to change than our minds do.
  • Hey Want2Be,
    Yeah, the first day or two are hard, but like Carmen said. It will get better. After a few days I started to feel like I could barley eat all of the food on my plan. Now it is just like clock work for me. Congrats on joining LAWL, you will be so glad that you did!! Katie
  • Welcome Wantobe.

I started in June 05. I to am on the Purple plan. I think if i was hungry i chewed gum and drank 8 oz of water and that seemed to help . I know everyone is different though. Also one thing i will pass on... LIFE HAPPENS... do not beat yourself up if you eat something you should not... just get right back on plan. YOU made the first step to help yourself and that is a big one. Good Luck!! email me if you need help or support. :-)
  • Thank you so so much ladies. You have all brought tears to my eyes. Do you know how hard it is to type this and try not to cry all over my keyboard?....lol. I feel so lucky to have stumbled across this website and welcomed with open arms. Thank you again so much!!!!
  • Hi Want2be - we've all been there - I started on purple, too, and had low grade hunger for the first several days - the fact that TOM was about to start *didn't* help! It will pass, your body will get used to the lower intake, and the few carbs in your body ---

WELCOME - the chicks here really have kept me on plan longer than I would have otherwise!

Julie
  • Hello! I concur with everything that has been said thus far. I started on the red plan and moved to the purple plan 10 days later. My portions were cut and it was difficult at first. I was so hungry in the beginning. Now, a month later, I am sometimes struggling to get all my food in now...go figure. Now don't get me wrong...there are days when I feel like I could eat a whole supermarket...LOL :-D
  • Considering joining LAWL
    Hi ya'll. I called my local center yesterday, but have doubts. I joined WW last year and lost weight, but gained it back when I thought I could do it myself. I just don't want to have the same thing happen this time. I was also wondering about the prices. I was confused when they said we had to pay up front. That seemed like a lot of money. Also, what are the purple and red plans. Thanks for your help.
  • Tiffany,

Yes we do pay upfront. I couldn't afford all the money upfront so I only paid enough to lose 20 lbs. Once I get past that point, I intend to pay for more. I probably will pay for the next 20 lbs. I'm glad the center will work with me in increments because I am having success on the plan.
  • Thank you for your help. I plan on going to check it out today.Ya'll really seem to support each other and that is great and so helpful to weight loss. I will let you know what happens.
  • I did it!
    I joined my local LAWL center Friday. I really went for the free consultation, but they hooked me. I have told myself that I have to stick with this. I will do my detox Sunday and Monday, just in time for Candyween . From what I have read, everyone is so supportive. I look forward to talking to ya'll more.
  • Welcome to the group Tiffany, good luck with Take Off! This is a great place to get support the people are wonderful. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Beanie
  • Welcome Tiffany! Please come back to let us know how you did on TakeOff.
  • Hi All,

Tiffany, Congratulations on joining. You will not be sorry. Come over and join us on the Losers and Friends thread. I joined 3FC about a month ago, and I am so glad. These ladies will be your friend and support sytem throughout your journey. Before you know it you will not only be asking questions, but answering a few yourself. Have a great POP day everyone!! Katie