where is the first place you lost?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • My mother and I always joke that you lose your weight in the places you gained it last. I know alot of the fat you lose at first is around the organs and stuff though.

This time I noticed the weight is coming off in my chest- above the bra- and between my bra line and my belly button. Areas that no one else can see but I can tell so much in my clothes. I've been riding a bike and noticed my legs are baggy in my pants.

I'm amazed that even though I have 100 lbs to lose I can tell in the first 15.
  • I still can't tell that I've lost weight at all.
  • For me, it is usually the face and around the collarbone, and around the bustline. Hips and butt for me are the hardest to lose.
  • I'm with Carol - sounds like we've got the same "easy" and "hard" spots.

~Dee
  • I wish it were that way with me but I've lost in my face, hands, boobs. It is slowly coming off the belly, thighs, and butt.
  • The first place I noticed was my wrists. I didn't know that we lose fat from around our organs first... you learn something new everyday!
  • My face, definitely, but also my waist. I lost 3" from my waist after dropping 13 pounds.

My bust is a lot slower to shrink--after 44 pounds gone, it had only reduced by 3½".
  • My face and breasts, but also my belly!
  • Face, neck, shoulders, boobs. I've always carried most of my weight in my belly... and that's exactly where it stayed!! Oh well, that's life I guess!

Beverly
  • I've got the stomach too...

after two c-sections it really really sags.

I wouldn't say all the weight you lose at first is around the organs but thats how you lose some of your fat. So whenever you get frustrated because you don't have a NSV think of that yellow fat melting away from around your organs.
  • At first it was my face and neck. Then after maybe 30 pounds, you could really start to tell in my midsection, which is where I really carry my weight. I'm an apple! Even after almost 80 pounds lost, I still felt like I was just so big in the middle, but I had to remind myself that I would still hold my weight there for as long as I had extra weight to carry -- but that I was a HECK of a lot smaller apple than I'd been before! Progress, not perfection, right?
  • Yep Sarah...that's what my avatar says!!
  • Like everyone else, it seems I lose in my face and neck first. My arms also shrink pretty fast. The last thing to go is my tummy which is where I carry a lot of my weight, unfortunately. I don't know how much I've lost so far but my collarbones are already showing and my arms are losing too!
  • My face, although I did lose several chins pretty rapidly so I guess in the neck area, too. I always tell people who mention "gee, your face looks thinner" that I'd rather hear "oh, your butt looks smaller." Well, today someone in my circuit training class asked me if I'd lost weight because my hips looked smaller. Yippee!! Haven't lost much weight recently, but I think the additional weight training is paying off.
  • Quote: My bust is a lot slower to shrink--after 44 pounds gone, it had only reduced by 3½".
    I've lost 30 pounds and don't think I've lost an INCH from my bust, Of course, I didn't take my measurements at first, so I can remain in blissful ignorance that I HAVE, in fact, lost lots of inches everywhere!