Question for you beach gals...

• I've been doing the two week induction for Atkins, but was interested in some of the differences between South Beach and Atkins. I need to get the book to decide if it is something I would like to switch to, but can you tell me...I've heard it's less restrictive? Like, of course Atkins is all about counting the carbs...but I've heard that South Beach you can maybe have a slice of bread, but you have to have olive oil or something with it. I would just like to hear some first hand experiences besides reading the book. Thanks in advance!
  • Check out this link on the home page for the two plans. There is also some info in the FAQ Forum. I'll dig it up for you.
  • Here you go!
  • I am very excited about the south beach diet and my doc didnt flip out either, she sure did when I t ried Atkins tho.... carbs just seem to make me blow up and I dont want that anymore, I am now studying the glycemic index a bit to find out how it works... its true, if you eat a high index carb, should eat a low index food with it.... India