Significant clothing NSV for me - share yours!

• I can't believe it!

Last night, I stopped in Victoria Secrets - just for the **** of it - to try one some bras, see if I can give the girls soom oomph! While I was in there, I tried on a cute corset top, you know - the kind with garter straps and matching panties? Their biggest size was M/L - but it fit!! and it fit on the innermost set of hooks! $120 bucks - so I'll be waiting on that one, but what an ego boost.

SOOOooo - I went home and tore through the closet to find my lingerie corset from 4 years ago, the one I got shortly after I got engaged . I wore this when I was 175 lbs. I tried it on - and IT FITS!!!!!!!!!

It only fastens on the outermost hooks, and it's snug in the bust (but comfy below that)! I almost died!

I can wear lingerie I wore at 175 lbs 4 years ago - even though I am 33 lbs heavier now than I was then! Woohoo!

9 months ago you couldn't get me out of my clothes for ANYTHING - now I don't know if I'll ever wear real clothes again! I am the lingerie queen
  • Quote: I don't know if I'll ever wear real clothes again! I am the lingerie queen
    Too funny - congrats and atta girl!!!!!

I bet even with clothes on over the lingerie your new attitude shows on your face!
  • Congrats, enjoy it!

I'm wearing a skirt today that used to be a little bit snug (i.e. I haven't been wearing for fear of busting a seam somewhere and being embarrassed) that now fits they way it is supposed to.
  • congrats CM and Ry! That is amazing! I wouldn't even dare put on lingerie right now, but check with me in a few months and we'll see! LOL. Sexxy! Go ahead wit ya bad self
  • Today was the day we introduced our dogs to the agility equipment at school, so I had to wear something "scruffy" that could get filthy in the dirt and sand, etc. So this morning, I tried a pair of old sweatpants that I haven't worn since Christmas -- and I looked like the Michelin Man. AND they wouldn't stay up because years ago I pulled out the darn draw-string cuz it was digging into me -- plus the elastic waist is all stretched out. So the next best scruffy thing I had was an old pair of size 14 Levis which (oddly) were loose but still fit okay about a month ago. Ha. They are VERY loose now...like, "Kate needs to buy a belt" loose. I had to wear them, though, because all the clothes that DO fit are brand new (and I'm already going broke buying a new pair of jeans in a smaller size every 6 weeks, so I can't afford to ruin anything new!)

It was quite humorous actually...the signal I use for "paw" with my dog is one hand on my hip. So every time I reached to hike up my jeans, he sat down and gave me his paw . Cute, but not quite the point of today's session.
  • Oooh an NSV for me - my kickboxing belt, which is a large belt that I got last November (God I can't believe it was that long ago) has always been a bit on the long side. I wore it for my grading on Saturday and it's supposed to wrap round twice. Well it was so long it got in the way, so I tried and it wraps round 3 times! I am the girl with the 3 times belt! HOORAY!
  • I'm about to head for work and my scrub top is tucked into my scrub pants .

Me? Tucking in a SHIRT?
  • Quote: Me? Tucking in a SHIRT?
    Ooooh, good for you! I still can't handle that one, I don't think I'll ever be comfortable tucking my shirt in!

Beverly
  • Oh I hear you Kate! I tuck in shirts all the time now. That would have been impossible to imagine back in the day.
  • Minor clothing success
    Congrats to all posters! Keep up the good work. Here's my minor success (I posted this on another thread, so apologies if you've already read it): Every fall when the weather starts getting cooler I dread the day when I have to drag out last year's pair of jeans. They NEVER fit, and I always have to buy a new pair. That day arrived last Friday, and I pulled on the jeans and they actually fit! They didn't feel too much looser than last time I wore them, but for the first time in years they actually still fit fine! Very exciting.

Cindy B

PS: I'm usually good at figuring these out, but I'm stumped on this one: What does NSV mean? I'm guessing V stands for Victory, but I can't come up with anything else. I'm sure I'll say "Duh!" as soon as I hear it!
  • Non Scale Victory! It's a good one!
  • Does anyone remember the scene from the Bridget Jones Diary movie (Renee Zellweger) that focuses on her "scary-mummy panties" (which I guess in American English are called "granny panties" )?

Anyway - I had a scary pantie flash-back this past weekend. I went through my closet and cleared out all of the clothing that was too big to fit well anymore - and anything that looked "frumpy" (unless it made me look like a "frumpy queen" - which is rather ok) . I wound up with two large garbage bags full-to-bursting with clothes. [Don't worry - 1/3 were sold at a second hand store and the rest went to the salvation army].

I also went through my sock and pantie drawer. I got rid of any underwear that was now too big (dumpy bottom effect ) - and thought I was done. When I went to my "spill-over" drawer - wayyyy down deep in the bottom was a pair of sparkly-white-supersized-would-make-a-good-fishing-net panties ... with the vague size of 10+

I can't believe I used to WEAR these things on my poor not-so-little derriere. It seems impossible - especially when my new panties are sleek, shiny (or at least comfy) at size 8. I went around calling myself Bridget for the rest of the day.