Where to buy buttermilk?

• I found a great recipe which calls for 1/2 cup buttermilk. Does anyone have ideas on where to buy this? I have seen it as a powder, how does that compute? Does it come in a small carton so that I do not waste the remainder?
    Please help!!!
  • It's with the rest of the milk, usually where they have the cartons or quart size bottles. But then I live in the South, where buttermilk is a staple in every kitchen. Maybe it's not as common up where you live?
  • In Michigan it's in the dairy with the rest of the milks. Most all grocery stores carry it.
  • I've lived/bought it in Pennsylvania, Connecticut, and Florida and not had a problem in any of these places. I've always found it in the dairy aisle in a cardboard container by the half and half, whipping cream, etc.
  • You can get the powder (keep it in the refrig) and just make up what you need. The points are the same.

I keep a can of this all the time in my fridge.
  • I LOVE....LOVE!!! BUTTERMILK!!! I drink it regularly and I've always had it my entire life. Its with the other milk products.....creme, whipping cream, sour cream..... My fave way of having it is with a sprinkle of salt!!! YUM YUM