Merry Meet and greet

You're on Page 8 of 14
Go to
  • Good for you, Silly Monkey, on joining WW. I did that years ago and it worked. I am currently on my 2nd round of Somersizing so if anyone wants to chat, commiserate or complain about it I'm all ears, lol. Also if anyone wants to be a "buddy" I'm open to that as well.

I am glad you are here too, April (BlessedBe).
  • I'm doing WW too!

How weird is that sillymonkey? We are both in the same area, both work for the government and both do WW. Hmmmmm..... which one of us is the evil twin?
  • Mwa ha ha ha ha!

Now, if you're in my WW group, that'll freak me out
  • That's what I was thinking!
  • great forum!
    Hi I am so glad to find this group! I just posted a huge intro over on the LAWL board, so I will try to be brief.
    I am not quite sure what path I am on but it leads more and more to a pagan/earth-based way. I usually describe myself as a Neo-pagan/liberal Christian with Buddhist tendencies. I am also a Reiki master and a registered nurse; I work with postpartum mom's and their newborns in the hospital.
    I am totally on a journey, both of weight loss (3 pounds down in one day!) and also one of finding my own spirituality. I look forward to meeting people and learning on this site!
  • Welcome coopergrrl!
  • Where to begin.....

I'm still learning wicca. I certainly have found paganism to be closer to my own beliefs.

I need to lose weight, tomorrow is the begining of the process. I hit an all time high of 280 lbs. It's time to take back control of my body.

Although I am dieting and excercising, does anyone have any particularly useful spells for weightloss?
  • Welcome Becca!
  • My Bio (ish)
    Merry Meet to you all. I will be brief as i don't want to ramble on!

My name is Mandy and i live in Devon, SW england. I am 29 years old and have a little boy who is 21 months old called Charlie. I live with my boyfriend Terry who is 24.
    I live in an area that has evolved my faith and spirituality. From a very very young age i was obsessed with nature and all surrounding it. I love to be outside and always have done. Over the years this has developed into my love for, what i call, the nature way. Some call it paganism, some wicca, some even call it crazy!
    I tread as lightly as i can on the earth and believe we owe the gods and goddesses of our planet a huge debt. We are surrounded with magick and most people in the world pay this no heed. There is so much beauty in a rain drop on a leaf if you stop and look.
    I may sound nuts and i am by no means a green warrior, i just believe we take things for granted.
    Music wise i am a bit of a rocker. RHCP, Foo Fighters, Aerosmith, Green Day, Dropkick Murphys etc... but i enjoy listening to pretty much anything except hard country and rap.
    My boyfriend is a film nut so there are many many films i love.
    It has taken me a year to lose 2 stone with Weight Watchers but i am in the right place now and i know i can do it!
    Look forward to talking to you all soon. Blessed Be
  • Welcome Mandy! Congratulations on your 2 stone loss!
  • Hello! I am a newbie here and have been interested in Wicca/Celtic/Pagan things for about 5 yrs but haven't done anything about it. It's cool to be able to lose weight with other open minded people! I am surrounded by very traditional friends and this is so much fun for me. Thank you all!

I have been married for 25 years to the cute boy I met in college. We have 3 daughters and one is getting married in the next 2 years. I am not wearing an ugly fat mother-of-the bride dress! My DH is very nice but also rather traditional. We do not celebrate any religion but believe in kindness and goodness. And maybe a bit of evil ; }

I look forward to getting to know you.

I am down about 17#'s in one month, but it's my first month so that is expected. I am doing a loose version of WW points on my own.
  • Welcome Hocus Pocus! Cogratulations on being a mom of the bride!!

Hope to talk more soon.
  • Merry meet!

I'm happy to have found this forum, after joining this site just the other day. I'm Jo, 46, living in Wisconsin with hubby, two teenaged sons, three big dogs and one very strange cat. I'm a CNA and I work at a local nursing home (currently night shift, which I hate). I became a pagan in 1981, which is a lifetime ago to many of you, I'm sure. ;-)

Anyway, just wanted to pop in and introduce myself while I sit here and wait for my 13 yr old to call and tell me the Harry Potter movie is over, so I can go pick him up.

blessings,
    jo
  • Welcome to the site Paganwife!
  • Merry Meet
    It's about time I introduced myself.

Hubby and I live in the Delaware Valley. We were practicing Gardnerians for many years until our coven broke up (after the Samhain death of our HP). We joined an eclectic coven and were there until it, too, disbanded.

Out on our own, now, we don't practice much and I have gravitated towards a Buddhist philosophy. But I'm still pagan at heart.

RB to all

Seed (of Deep Star)