Lookin' Fine on Core Board #29!

You're on Page 7 of 21
Go to
  • Melissa, it's great that your Doctor thought to give you the drugs just in case. I hate having brochitis. Stay warm and snuggled. Not a bad way to spend a weekend.

Kath, it's good of you to hang on to the pups. Imagine how frightened and sad they must feel to be separated from the humans. I feel so bad for lost or abandoned pets.

I am SOOOOO bummed. TOM just arrived. I was so looking forward to a good weigh in on Monday. Oh well. I guess the week after will just have to be the good loss week.

Hope you're all having a great day. I'm working on my budget and it isn't going well........!
  • Vickie, sorry to hear that your good friend TOM has arrived. Maybe most of the damage will be done by your w/i on Monday?? Good luck with your budget. We need to do one as well.

Kathy, it sounds like you are taking good care of the puppy dogs. If I had a yard I would take them. I have always thought beagles were too cute. It sounds like they have to have been someone's pets, since they are so well-behaved.
  • I have decided that we are the "someone else" that everybody must be referring to ... when they drive down the street and see a stray dog, and think to themselves "Someone else will pick them up." Yup, that's us.

I have made signs to put up in the neighborhood but the longer these girls stay, the more I want to keep them. We are SO illegal and over the limit, but as long as we are just keeping them until we find a good home ... and chances are that we will never find one as good as ours! ... maybe we can get away with it.
  • Illegal? Are you serious? I didn't know there was a legal limit to pets...
  • There is here.

http://www.mansfield-tx.gov/ps/ac/faqs.php

A total of four would mean we were legal before these two. If we can convince the city that we're holding them until we find their owners, maybe we'll be okay.

We are constantly at the vet because of the other animals, so they know us well. I'm sure we could get them to write a letter saying we were housing the beagles temporarily.

Of course, on Monday I'll be spending about $400 for these "temporary" dogs ... not sure what to do about that.
  • Oh and it looks like my family is staying put in Tyler for the time being, unless the power goes out later on tonight. They are worried about getting here and not being able to find gas to get back though. Most of the stations around us are out of gas. Fortunately my tank is 3/4 full, Erin has enough for the next two days, Kate does too, Judd can ride with me since his truck is low, and I'm not sure about Shaun.

Which means that I have 10 mini bundt lemon cakes (yummm!) and that big white cake with chocolate icing. Have no fear though, I think we can work thru it over the next few days. If the lemon cakes don't move, I can take them to work Monday morning. Two of them tore up getting out of the pan and so I had to eat one. Holy smoke, that was some good cake!!
  • I had no idea. That's so crazy. I don't think there is a law like that here. There are some people with whole farms in their houses.
    Good luck with all of those cakes.

• I'm just trying to figure out this picture thing.
  • Okay, now, that's not fair!! What a cutie!!!
  • I know!!! Beagle pups are too cute.
    I can get some pics to post but not others. I'm not sure why. I think it has something to do with jpg in the image location. I don't know. I've been messing with it for almost an hour though, so I think it's time to stop. Not that I can do much of anything else!!!
  • Girlie pups are taking a nap now, but we're going to take pictures of them when they wake up. We are calling them Pink and Purple for the time being, because that's the color their collars are. The receptionist at the vet said we should probably start thinking about names so she can put something in the computer. Thelma and Louise? MaryKate and Ashley? Paris and Nicole? Katrina and Rita?

Okay the last one was shot down in a hurry, because Judd's old girlfriend (stalker) was Rita. He said no way would he ever name a dog that.
  • I like Pink and Purple! Or Thelma and Louise, since they were running the streets.
  • Big change o' plans. My nephew just called from Corrigan, which is north of Livingston, which is about an hour north of Houston. They live in Port Arthur and he and his wife and kids had gone to his dad's brother's house in Corrigan. Now they have no power there and it's expected to be out for a week. In Port Arthur, it's expected to be out for three weeks. They're on their way here with a 4 year old and a 10-month old. We're scrambling to figure out a portacrib and toddler bed and either futon or daybed. Not sure how long they'll be here, so I might go to the grocery store in a minute too. They're about 4 hours away (normal driving time) and I guess I have a few minutes to think.

Hey, maybe those cakes will get eaten after all!
  • We have a beagle next door, and she's forever trying to get out. She's quite the escape artist. But, she's a good doggie, and comes right to me when I call her, so I can put her back in her yard.

Good luck with the pups - I like Pink and Purple.

Also, good luck housing your family. I know they'll be glad to have a place to stay, and you're going to make them feel so welcome, with the cake and all.

Angela
  • Thanks, Ang. This is my late sister's "good" son. She had a good one, a very bad one, and a daughter, who is only 14 and still lives with her dad. This one is 28 with a wife and two small girls. He is such a sweetie, a good dad and husband, and was with us at hospice for the last week of my sister's life. I just love him so much, like he was my own son. I'm glad he called us.

I have heard that beagles are big runners, diggers, and climbers. When Judd's brother and SIL were transitioning from California to Virginia (courtesy of the U.S. Navy), they stayed in Fort Worth for a month or so with MIL/FIL. They have two beagles and somehow they got out of the back yard. They went 9 miles before someone was able to catch them and look at the tags. At least they had stayed together, but NINE MILES??? That makes me wonder how far these girls had gone, and whether my signs will even be seen by their owners.