Lookin' Fine on Core Board #29!

You're on Page 6 of 21
Go to
  • Sandra and Kathy, hope you guys have fun tonight. We ate chinese food and now I feel sick to my stoamch as well as sick everywhere else. That's what I get. There is a reason core works. Why do I crave food that makes me feel sick? I think I would have been better off with a big greasy burger than the veggie lo mein that I ate.
    Kathy, keep us up to date with news on your family. I hope the uncertainty doesn't last long for you.
  • kathy, i will be there right after you get that white cake iced. if i get there earlier, i'll just munch on the bundt cake while we wait. seriously, i hope your family gets there safely and all goes well.

melissa, i still have 9 pts left and i'm stuffed. now is this a valid complaint?
  • Kathy, I'll have the lemon with the lemon icing. Hmmmmm....one of my favorite cakes.

Melissa, I'm glad you got medicine but I can't take that zithromax stuff. Makes me sicker than what I had in the first place.

Sandra, maybe I will try a half of a batch. I'm sure Jim will help me eat them!

Frouf, that really stinks that you were all dressed up and no one else was. I hated that! I hope you make it to the party.

I'm VERY tired. I got all but two of my errands done. Jim says he'll do them for me tomorrow. I'll be cleaning and exercising. Sound fun? It's ok. It needs to be done. I just spent $200 replacing switch plate covers and electrical outlet covers in my whole downstairs of the house. Menards home store had a 15% off sale and it's something I've been wanting to do for a while. Talk about exciting........

Gonna go watch TV. I made pizza casserole tonight and it was outstanding if I don't say so myself! I added soy parmesan/romano/mozzarella blend and it gave it a VERY nice flavor. I also made the cannoli cream with berry blend compote for dessert. We'll have that in about an hour. Hope you are all snuggled safe and sound. Talk to you in the morning.
  • Well, for goodness sakes. How about this for a story?

We decided to go to what I affectionately call the "pig trough" ... a steak and seafood buffet like Ryans or Golden Corral. There is a new one here and we've never gone, so tonight was the night. Big mistake! While it was good, I wasn't very hungry so I didn't get my money's worth (is probably a good thing) but now I feel a little sick too. I had a salad, and some fried shrimp, hush puppies, corn, green beans, mashed potatoes, and about half a piece of coconut pie. It was actually not much food at all, but I think by the time I got to the pie, I was in sugar overload because I had had a coke too. So ...

As we're driving home, we turn the corner into our neighborhood and standing there in the middle of the road is two beagles. There were several cars that were slowing down and honking but nobody stopped. We pulled over and one of them came to me, but the other one ran. I picked up the one and put her in the truck to check for a tag. No tag. Ugh. Meanwhile the other one takes off, so we followed it onto a street, thinking maybe it was going home. It kept running from us though, so finally we saw a woman getting her mail. We stopped and asked if she knew of anyone who had beagles and/or were missing them, and she said no but that those dogs had been running around since LAST night and nobody knew where they belonged. Great. We finally got the second one in the truck and brought them home. We fed and watered them, and now they're both sacked out in a large kennel in the breakfast room. We don't want them near our dogs until we know whether or not they're healthy.

So in the morning we will take them to our vet and have them checked, then see if anyone has reported two missing beagles, then put up signs, then ... who knows? We already have three dogs and absolutely can't take any more, so we'll have to find a home for them.

I think we should have eaten at home tonight!
  • Okay as long as the dogs don't get into the cake.....then it's okay. Gee Kathy - wonder who the owners are and why the dogs are just running loose? Hope you can find where they belong!

...and while we're waiting Vickie and I will be having some of that lemon cake - and put the kettle on for some tea as well (Earl Grey for me and regular for Vickie!).

I am really glad tho that your family made it out safely despite the super long drive - and I hope they head out to your place if the need arises. Our news is showing Rita hitting at Port Arthur?? East of Galveston? But it's sure going to be bad!

Melissa - poor you - hope you overcome the chinese food and that the meds help w/your fever! What movie did you watch?

Vickie - I bet your place looks pretty snazzy with the new stuff! ...now we just need to find out the name of the pretty smelling potpourri from Kathy and you'll be all set.

So I had a good binge feast tonight and now am ready to get back to Core tomorrow - isn't that weird? DD and big ds went to movies w/their dad, and dh and little ds went out to a friends so I was ALL ALONE! Can you even imagine such a thing? I was going to head out to do some shopping or go for coffee, but instead returned my library book and went to the grocery store, picked up some groceries and goodies of course and returned home - I wanted to enjoy the peace and solitude all by myself!

Bad news is I did enjoy some Ben & Jerry's ice cream and some potato chips - and now I too have a headache - probably from all the junk I ate. But I also bought a nice fruit salad for tomorrow and think I've done enuf damage for awhile and can now try harder to stay on track.

And my co-worker's daughter is now babysitting for us tomorrow night so we are going to the party (and we have decided if we are not that into it we can leave early and catch a movie). Told older ds he MUST go out now (he had told us there was a 99% chance he was going out after work sat night which is why we needed a sitter in the 1st place) and he thought that was pretty funny.

that's it - need to take some tylenol and get to bed!

frouf
  • Melissa I hope your stomach settles down...
    Kathy, I have been watching the news as well,,I cant believe those poor people going thru this again.......I feel for your family.
    Froufy, you sounded pretty down the last couple of days thats why I decided to call today Froufy day!! Hope it helped.... and I'll have some green tea please!

Vickie you can only have a pc of the lemon cake if you share....:P
    Id better get to bed here.........my eyes are burning....hah
    night
  • vickie, if you eat those brownies be sure to drink a lot of waterr. that fiber is ferocious.

frouf, i'll take earl grey tea, too, and another slice of white cake/chocolate icing. oh! you can also put a slice of lemon cake on my plate, too. i guess we're using plates. i could just stand there by the cakes with a fork.

patti, i'm enjoying reading and copying your recipes. (yes, i'm still hinting for more.) i am anxious to see how your cheese sauce comes out.
  • Good morning everyone! The cat wasn't trapped, but it DOES happen a lot so it was a valid concern. Once, the girls even put him in a large desk drawer, so I always have to go find him right away.

I didn't cut dd's hair myself. My mom did it. I'm a terrible hair-cutter - I just have her do it.

We watched Fever Pitch last night. It was cute! Drew Barrymore is skinnier than I remember her. Then I played World of Warcraft again. I'm really getting in to this game. It's kind of pathetic. I played last night with a 16 year old boy. He couldn't believe I was a 30 year old woman playing. He kept asking if I was telling the truth. He finally shut up when I told him I had 3 daughters. For goodness sakes kid, I could (kind of) be your mother!

The zoo here is having a big day with pony rides and the works. I'll probably take the older dd's if dh will stay home with the baby. And, at last check on Monday, the donkey STILL hadn't had her baby. Yowza!

I promised dd's I read to them now, so see you all later!
    Angela
  • I decided last week to be strictly core as much as I can and this week had a loss of 2.4# so that makes my total loss 69.2#. Yesterday had an appt with my ortho and ended up getting an injection in my hip. He said that it was bursitis. Sometimes the injection makes you hurt worse than the problem you have. Got another tooth pulled so am trying to stick to soft foods. Hope everyone has a good week.
    Vivian
  • Good morning! Well, the vet trip was uneventful. The dogs don't have a microchip and the vet couldn't keep them to check out because all of their kennels were full due to evacuees' dogs. I brought them back home, then headed back out to drive around looking for "lost dog" signs. None. Now I'll have to make and hang up some "found dog" signs and hopefully we'll get a call. Meanwhile, all five dogs are getting along and ours are being very good hosts/hostesses.

I'm reading storm stories now and will be be back later.

Vivian, that's GREAT! You are doing so well!

Frouf, have a good time tonight!
  • Morning everyone
    I think were getting some winds from Rita here,,,,
    good day to do laundry and hang everything out.
    I think Dh and I are going to do some exploring today,,,,we are fixing up our yard and go out finding rocks and different things for our yard. I find it pretty relaxing and good way to get in some exercise.
    Kathy I have one dog and one cat,,I cant imagine having 5 in my house wow
    Vivian,,,,almost 70 pounds gone! wow thats great
    Angela, playing with 16 yr old boys....hmmmm haha (jk)
    Sandra I want to know how it turns out too.....hahah. Maybe Ill try it tomorrow
    better go throw another load of laundry in
    have a good saturday everyone
    ttyl
  • Good Morning Chicks! I slept late and woke up starving. Can't eat though until an hour after I take my prevacid.

Kathy, I've said this before but you are a very good woman. I'm not sure I'd have brought the little beagle babies home but I would have wanted to. When I was a about 17 I brought home a beagle pup for about two minutes. My Mom wouldn't let me keep him because she said it wasn't fair to our old schnauzer, Cassie Casanova. I did learn from Spunky and from a another beagle that I knew that they are runners. If they can get out they will. I hope their family claims them and that it isn't just someone abandoning them. If you can't keep them, maybe there is a beagle rescue organization. I know there is one for Scotties because I am registered with them for another dog. Sorry you're tummy got sick at the "trough"!

Angela, be careful.....we'll be reading in the newspapers about this 30 year old World of Warcraft phenomenon! I'll like it because I can say I know you....sort of! I need to get Fever Pitch. Maybe I'll ask Jim to rent it when he's out running errand today. I hope the donkey has her baby before you go to the zoo. It would be fun for the girls to see a baby donkey.

Vivian, 69.2 pounds is spectacular! I can't wait to join you. I hope my hard Core week turns out as well as yours did. You must be very proud of yourself. I thought the cortisone shot was worse than the tendonitis too. It took two weeks for me to even be able to touch the injection spot without it being sore. Hope it feels better for you in a couple of days.

Frouf, I wish I could put out potpourri but the Great Niece and Nephew are too small yet. I do have candles burning in the bathrooms though. They smell wonderful. It's about time to bring out the Fall scents. I'm sorry you had the horrible sugar headache. I think it's our body's way of telling us that sugar is bad! I really miss it too! I'm glad you have a backup plan for tonight if the party is lame.

Patti, I'll share! What's your plans for this weekend. I have to clean. You can come help me since your house is staying clean these days!

Sandra, I have to laugh at you. You are a recipe freak just like me! You should see the size of my Core binder. Many of them I haven't even tried yet. This week, I cooked all my tried and true. Now I need to go back through them and pick some new ones for next week!

Well, I guess I go make a menu thread and think about making my breakfast. I think I can eat in about 20 minutes. My favorite clothes store is having a 40% percent off sale tomorrow night for current and retired Federal employees. I think I'll go shop some so I need to get my chores done. I also have to make some lists for Jim to go shopping. I'll talk to you all later.
  • Patti, where are you again?
  • Morning all! I am feeling much better this morning but still not well of course. I don't think that I have a fever now...my head isn't all swimmy and what-not. I am still coughing but I feel like all of the crud is coming out, which is good. I am very restless now, though, because it's Saturday and I want to do something productive. I was supposed to go out with my mom and grandma today but so much for that. There is a "parade of homes" here where you go look at new houses in the area. We were going to do that, and I was looking forward to it! Oh well. I need to rest and get better. I am just thankful that the doctor called in the antibiotic. I don't know how I would have managed until Monday. From now on I am just going to demand meds when I know something is wrong. I knew I had bronchitis, and should have asked for the antibiotic. You just feel kind of dumb questioning the professional.

Kathy, any news from your family? We've been watching the news this morning. I have no concept of how Texas is laid out though, it's so huge. I'm glad that you rescued the beagles. I always feel terrible if I see dogs loose and don't do anything about it. I hope that you can find the owners. Could they be hunting dogs? Do you live anywhere near woods, etc?

Vickie, I hope that you get all of your errands done so that you can go shopping tomorrow. You should definitely watch Fever Pitch, it is a cute movie. I too am a recipe freak. When we moved I finally had to get rid of lots of them. When I was in college I worked as a Resident Assistant which meant I had to spend LOTS of time in the dorm. I would sit in the computer lab and print out recipes for hours. I finally had to get rid of many of them, just too much paper laying around. I think that's why I have been hesitant to make a core binder, but I can see now that I just can't keep track of them on my computer.

Frouf, hope you have fun at the party tonight! And I hope that you have defeated that ol' sugar monster.

Patti, you sound like you are always busy!! Have a good day!

Well due to being sick and not being able to cook, I haven't been eating core today as planned. I am hoping that by tomorrow I will feel well enough to cook. DH would do it, but I would have to watch over it, and that is just as tiring. I may get him to make some beans and rice for dinner, or something like that. Surely he could do that!

Well he is downstairs working on music and I have strict orders to remain on the couch. Which stinks when you don't have cable!! If I could have some TLC or HGTV I would be just fine. But now all I have is football and golf!!
  • Good afternoon!

I went back to the vet again and got the beagles a flea pill -- just in case. We noticed they had been scratching and since they're living indoors, albeit in their crate, we definitely don't need a flea outbreak! And they're so cute!! The door to the crate is wide open, but after they come out to get a drink of water, they go back in and lie down to sleep. It's like it's now their safe place. And they haven't made a peep so far, except for when Kate got home last night and they heard her and barked. We estimate them to be maybe 4 and 6? It's hard to tell. I do have an appointment on Monday for shots and tests, so maybe we'll know more then. If we end up keeping them, and I know the good Lord should strike me down for saying this, they will continue to stay in the crate and at least we'll know they're healthy. The vet did say they were both spayed, so that's a relief. Not that we have any dogs who could get busy with them (Zuki is the only boy in the house and we all know about HIS plumbing!!) but it's at least going to save us the grief of having them spayed, paying for it, and pampering thru recovery.

Tonight I am making some chicken stuff ... it's like chicken breasts, Minute Rice, Fiesta Nacho Cheese soup, and broccoli. I haven't exactly been on a plan, as evidenced when I had to weigh holding one of the dogs, and then weigh myself. With clothes I was at 156. Good night, I'm tired of this! But anyway, I might just eat a salad tonight and leave the chicken concoction for the family.

I hope everybody's having a good Saturday! Melissa, it sounds like you might feel a teeny bit better.