Weight loss slowed...Calories???

• My weight loss has slowed, which is ok with me as long as I am doing everything that I can, I don't mind if it comes off slow since I am planning on living like this forever. I have upped my workouts the past couple weeks (I have all my workouts posted in the September Challenge Sticky on pg. 1), my calories are still between 1300 and 1600. Part of me wants to make it so I can go up to 1800 calories, just to see if that will help, maybe my body is fighting me since I am working out so much and eating the same amount. The other part of me is kind of scared or something, just to up my calories a couple hundred. What do you girls think, it couldn't hurt right? I mean 1800 calories a day shouldn't make me gain, at least mathematically. For those of you who count calories, how many do you eat and how much activity do you do and how much are you losing a week? I just feel like I must be doing something wrong because I have only lost like 2 pounds since September 1st and I am working out way more than the first few weeks. I just don't think that I can workout anymore than I am, at least right now. Any help/advise?
  • How long has your weightloss been slow for? Just a few weeks I guess, judging from your post..
    Mine goes in cycles.. about two weeks a month I lose between 2-3lbs and about two weeks I lose either nothing or just half a pound. It is frustrating, but hanging in there for those two slow weeks is the only way I'll get to the fast weeks.

On a GOOD day I eat around 1400 calories and do about 45-60min of cardio and of 20minutes of lifting. On a normal day I eat between 1200-1800 calories. Most days I try to pay attention to my body and make sure most of my calories are coming from good foods.

Anyway, my advice is to just hang in there and keep doing what you`re doing! Give it another two weeks and if you still haven`t lost much more weight then I would re-evaluate. A lot of times our bodies just need a little time to adjust.
  • Whenever I hit a platuea it always helps when I go off "plan" for a day or so. I think the added calories and fat shocks my system, of course you need to be eating well before this. I hope that helps a little. Also I don't think you will gain with just adding 100-200 a day.
  • At about the same weight, I can eat up to 1900 cals/day (when doing 60-90 mins. exercise, both weights and cardio) and still lose. With that said, I wouldn't worry about gaining with an increase in calories. However, since you should be eating enough to fuel your body, I'd say wait until you haven't seen a loss for 3 weeks before you mix up the calories. Like Lizzie said, sometimes your body is just off a bit and all of a sudden you'll drop 5 lbs. in one week, not lose for another 2, etc., etc. Right now it's just important not to get discouraged and it doesn't sound like you're there at all!
  • Thanks everyone. I know I can always count on 3FC to keep me on track and give great supporting advice. I don't know what I would do with out you ladies!
  • 2 lbs. since Sept. 1 isn't that slow! My WW leader says .5 to 2 lbs. is normal. Do you mean that your weight loss has slowed relative to how fast it was in the beginning? That is completely normal, and 2 lbs. over the past fourteen days is better than what a lot of people on this board, including me, are doing.

Tomorrow is my weigh-in. Then I'll come back here and post my stats -- average calories, number of days, how many pounds I lost.

You're doing fine!