Creamers?

• I am on phase 1 and was wondering if I could use creamer in my coffee. I know Coffemate has a low carb version and they also have a fat free type. Are these ok?

Is there anything else I could put in my coffee to make it taster better than just with skim milk and splenda?
  • I hope we see some experts weigh in, because I've been wondering the same thing. THe SF, lo-carb coffeemate looks like the better choice than the lo-fat, but it's still kinda Frankenfood. I am trying fat-free 1/2 & 1/2 with Davinci SF syrup and that's not too bad, but the SF vanilla coffeemate is MUCH better.
    Anyone have any ideas?
    Kim
  • Sorry, I don't drink coffee so I can't help. Try searching in this forum and the regular South Beach one for the word creamer. I'm pretty sure I have seen this discussed in the past. If you don't find what you are looking for and don't get it answered here, try reposting it in the regular forum. I think more people read that one.
  • I use evaporated skim milk only. The ingredients in creamers just freak me out!
    According to the Guide, the only non-creamers allowed are "liquid, refrigerated fat-free" and "powdered, original". See Page 95.
  • It's a real toss-up when you compare FF 1/2& 1/2, Soy Vanilla Milk, SF French Van c-mate, and FF French Van c-mate. All are for 2 tbsp, but 2 tbsp of the soy doesn't whiten your coffee much.

FF 1/2&1/2 Soy Van Milk SF Van C-mate FF Van C-mate
    Calories 20 12.5 15 20
    Fat 0 0.5 1 0
    Sodium 30 12 10 0
    Carbs 3 1.25 2 2
    Sugars 2 1 0 0
    Protein 1 0.75 0 0

I am losing pretty well, so I think I will go to FF Van C-mate as it tastes best to me and see what happens.
    Kim
  • What about just milk? I know my MIL drinks her that way. I'm not much help, because I hate milk in my coffee and tea - I live near Seattle, yet I can't stand lattes! I'm probably the only one here. A good, bone-dry cappucino is the only "froofy" coffee drink I can stand.
  • After I went and bought some, the numbers from their website for Fat Free are way off, it has a lot more sugar than that. Looks like SF is the best alternative, unless you can stand the skim evaporated milk. I tried the FF evap milk once, it was awful, but I'll have to give the skim a try.
  • FF evaporated milk is the same as skim. Stick with ff and don't sweat it - coffee is my current drug of choice!