LAWL Losers & Friends - September 05

You're on Page 15 of 39
Go to
  • Hey Chickies!! I know I've been AWOL for a while, haven't I? Last weekend (Labor Day weekend) DH and DD and I were at our church's Family Camp-Out, then we were busy at work 'cause this past Thursday through yesterday we were out of town with the in-laws on our/their annual trip to the North Shore. Weight bounced up and down, up and down and finally landed about a pound up from the last time I really paid attention (over a week ago). So, not HORRIBLE all things considered, but not stellar. Oh well!

You should be proud of me, though, because I finally stopped back in at the COD - I didn't weigh 'cause the fam was in the car, we were on our way up north, and picked up some more bars and asked them to transfer my file to the center closest to me (still a 20+ mile drive, sigh). I hope the counselors at this new location are cool, I was really starting to like the ones by my old job. Double oh well!

There must just be something about September, I'm noticing a lot of us are recapturing that old motivation. I bet most of us liked going back to school in the fall, huh??? I need some serious back-on-track-ness before I WI at the new location, because I KNOW I'm still over my start weight, possibly borderline plan-switching, and I don't want to switch up to red, lose five pounds and then have to switch back down, so my IMMEDIATE goal is to do that darn TO and get back under my start weight this week, before I WI at the new location. The girl who pulled my file said to take a week off from WI 'cause it can take that long for the file to get transfered. I said no problem!!

Also I'm setting a goal to get on the treadmill for 30 minutes, 5 times a week from now til Xmas. I'm about due for some new tennis shoes, and I found some at the local run/bike/ski store that I LOVE, but they are Nikes and $85!!! So I feel like I should do something to EARN them.

Okay, over and out for tonight - I'll try not to be such a stranger.

Fiona
  • Fiona: Missed you girl. Glad you took a mini vacation from it all and are ready to get back on track. I think things finally start slowing down as far as parties and cookouts and just plain excuses not to stay on track. I'm going to get back on track on Monday, seriously (I know I've said it before) - we can help each other. Start weening yourself off the Mt Dew now, or try drinking the diet version for just 1 week, you will be suprised at how those calories add up so quickly. I haven't been to the COD in at least 2 weeks, and will return next week or the following Monday. I think it's a good idea for you switch center, then you will have a fresh start. I'm thinking of switching centers too. I think they have given up at me making my goal at the center I do to now. It's probably all in my head and I'm trying to put the blame on them when it's been me all the time. Good luck on TO.
  • hi everyone,

I am a little upset with myself. i started my new job yesterday and my team took me to olive garden for lunch because I had mentioned the never ending pasts bowls when i interviewed a month ago.

I ate alot of salad, even though i sure the sodium was high, i figured I could get myself fuller this way and worry about flushing sodium later. I also had two bread sticks (I swear i heard one beg me to eat it)

I also ordered capelinni, but i immediatly got a to go countainer and packed up half.

I was so full though that I couldn't really eat dinner...so I had some nuts for my protien since they were light, but I feel liek I really messed up my day. I hope I can get back on track today.

All in all though I think I needed a little splurge, just probably not at Olive gardnen

question- my counselor told me to drink some hot lemon water each night to get sodium out of my system...anyone ever down that?
  • I heat up a cup of water then put a tablespoon of lemon and a packet of Splenda in it. My counselor at COD told me that the Crystal Light lemon works too, though I don't believe it since that's not real lemon... But I love the lemon water 'cause it does seem to work for me.
  • Morning chicks!

Wt still at 191 - really happy about that - I'm heading back to COD on Thursday, and I really wanted to be close to where I was when I went on hold, and I think I've managed it. I'm going out to a dinner meeting tonight, but ordered the chicken -- sorbet for desert (which I can stop at after a few bites) - so the goal is to try to save my starches and a protein. . and a lite - and if I go over on portions, at least I'll have the cals from the lite to fudge with.

Mary --I wonder how many of us have that similar story about the men in our pasts? I wonder if it has something to do with age? That younger guys are more focused on looks??

Hey Fiona -- glad to see you -- good luck on the new center! About the shoes - try this trick - give yourself a $ or something each time you work out -- maybe 2$, and eventually you'll earn the shoes. . .

Shennie - Good luck on the new JOB! the hot lemon water is something that most have us been told at LAWL - not sure if it works, but it can't hurt? I do use lemon in my tea occasionally -- I love olive garden - but boy after being OP for awhile, it seemed like the breadsticks were coated with salt! Good for you for putting half of the entree in a take-away box!

Sy - what is it with these training classes?? I think they are so used to having skinny nerds that require sugar for fuel all the time, that they just buy these pre-made bags!

Wrigley and Chrisy - WTG girl on being down!

Bre - hope you feel better soon.

Britt - I think the fat fairy should charter a jumbo jet . . . to have more room . .

Hi Star - looking for the update on Jazzercise. . .

Hugs to all.
    Julie
  • Hi Chickes - Haven't had time to read your posts, but will when I come back from the Ortho.....
    Just wanted to say Hi and proudly tell you my stealing the thought from SY (thanks) "REFOCUS" has seemed to work. I'm down alittle, which means my gaining spree is over and I'll get back down to hovering around 160, which still not at goal, is a much better place to hang.....lol
    Also have picked up my workout pace, lately noticed I have been slacking there too. I had to admit that just becuz I do exercise, doesn't mean I can call walking on the treadmill useful, if I can read a magizine at the same time or carry on a full conversation with the chick next to me......It's like "Hello Trina, what are you here for?"
    Oh well, I guess I'm just glad to be back and be doing the right stuff.
    I guess I'm feeling more worthy to be here.......
    I'm done - thanks for listening......HUGS

Julie I peeked at your post - go to Exercise Yard for Jazzercise update.....
  • Morning Chicks!!

Julie im working on chartering that jumbo jet but the bus will have to do till i get the airport open lol.

I wasnt POP but everything i had was OP i just didnt get everything in. But hopefully this week i will manage to get everything in and be back POP!!! I didnt weigh myself at home this morning i figured i would just wait till i got back tomorrow for WI. I have a really busy day ahead of myself and wont be in the office much so i will try to pop back in this afternoon to check in with everyone but if not ill be back in the morning. I am so tired today. Im wondering how much better i would feel if i got up and exercised in the morning then showered and got ready for work/school. All my morning exercise people is there a big difference for you working out in the morning vs. afternoon/evening? I am not a morning person but thought it might wake me up better lol. Of course the sound of my wonderful treadmill would also wake everyone up lol. Maybe if i just start my exercise back in general no matter what time it is my energy would come back. I just seem to be tired all the time. Ok well i need to do a little bit of paperwork before i leave. Catch ya later...

Britt
  • Good Morning Ladies!

How is everyone today? I hope good. I had a bad day yesterday, but I'm trying to make today a "good day."

About the men in the past, I was skinny back then. I thought I was fat, but I really wasn't. I was the perfect 36"-24"-36", 130lbs, size 5. After I think about it, the guys I dated just wanted in my pants. But wait, aren't almost all teenage and lower 20s like that?

I got married when I was that size, but after both of my children I started gaining weight. I had that noraplant put in after my second child was born and didn't have good eating habits. My husband at the time, now x-h, didn't like me weight gain. On my birthday one year, I had went shopping with my grandmother and she bought me some new jean shorts. Well, I put them on at her house and thought I looked great (size 15 ). When I went home, he told me that if I gained any more weight he was going to leave me. Needless to say I did gain more weight; and when I did, I told him to leave. Of course, he didn't.

When I did finally get away from him for good, I lost about 60lbs. X-H was so mad when I lost that weight. He wanted me back, yeah right. Of course, I gained that 60lbs back plus 15 more.

Now that I am down to almost the size I was when he met me, I know he can't stand it. This spring he told me that I still loved him, just that I didn't know it. I left him for good in April 1996. You would think that after 9 years, his remarriage and divorce, his other girlfriends, my other boyfriends, and my now finance' that he would be over me. I just don't understand men at all.

I mean our children are almost 16 & 14. He can't use them as an excuse to get back together anymore. Actually, I think they like it better this way. The children get double b-day gifts, Christmas gifts, and other things. Not to mention, they don't have to see mommy and daddy fight every day.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
  • Julie - you're brilliant!! I'm going to give myself a dollar for every workout until I've earned my shoes. According to my original plan of five workouts a week, that still comes out to right about Xmas time. And as my DH just pointed out, I'm much better at working for a reward than at punishing myself for going off track. I think I'm going to have to keep track with Monopoly money, though, cause I can't save cash if my life depended on it, lol.
  • Fiona:

I am the exact same way. Money and food...I just am horrible with both!
  • Fi - thanks for the compliment - truthfully, I've done this for a while on my journey to optimal hotness -- I have an envelope taped to the inside of one of my kitchen cabinets -- this is my 'fashion fund' for when I reach goal weight -- I used part of it when I went clothes shopping with a friend in May - it was such a good feeling to do it in cash! And for me, 1$ at a time wasn't that hard to come up with - I shift it up - -when I do the 5th time - out comes 4, in goes a 5$ bill, and so on . .Plus, if I really need the $$$ for an emergency it's there. .

Karen - why is it, do you think, that some men think they are every woman's dream boat?? Actually, I think your ex-dh is living in a dream world! Also, I wish I could take back those teen age years when I thought I was overweight and wasn't - it would make a lot of my earlier life better. . .

Britt, I'm with you honey - right now, I'm settling for a honda civic, but will work towards the bus, and then the jumbo jet. . .

Julie
  • Quote: Karen - why is it, do you think, that some men think they are every woman's dream boat?? Actually, I think your ex-dh is living in a dream world! Also, I wish I could take back those teen age years when I thought I was overweight and wasn't - it would make a lot of my earlier life better
    Julie, I couldn't agree with you more about x-h living in a dream world. He always has. I always felt like he had this image of a "perfect me," and I wasn't living up to his expectations. Eventually, I didn't care if I met his expectations or not; but at first it really bothered me. His entire attitude changed towards me the day we were married. He made me feel like property not like a partner in life and the marriage certificate was his ownership papers. What he doesn't realize is that if I wasn't pregnant at the time that I would have most likely never married him at all.

He still thinks he is every woman's dream boat. It is right disgusting, even the children comment. When we married, he was attrative but still a teenager. Now he has lost his hair on his head, grew hair all over his body, and gained alot of weight. Did I mention that he wasn't very nice either? (and I am being nice )

I'm actually embarassed to have ever been married to him. I can't deny it though, it might hurt the children...
  • I do apologize on my xh bashing today. I wonder if his ears are ringing?

But, some men do not realize that they do contribue to our weight problems by making us feel inadequate. It's bad enough the models, movie stars, music artists, and other actresses make us feel extremely inferior. There is this image of perfect, and they don't even look that good without touch ups, proper lighting, make up, and body doubles. Not to mention famous people don't have to do their own housework, cook their own meals, and take care of their own kids. Even some adopt to keep from messing up their body. And, how are we supposed to feel about our unperfect bodies?

Ok, I'll stop now, sorry.
  • My ex once brought home a Playboy mag and turned to the centerfold. He said, "This girl is 5'8" and only weighs 125. You're only 5'9", you should weigh around 130, 135 TOPS." (I was 180 at the time and looked pretty good at a size 14). I informed him that the silicone in one of her breasts probably weighed 75 pounds and that he shouldn't believe everything he read.

He dated me in high school at a size 14. He married me. Then he started complaining. It's not MY fault he is 6'3" and weighed no more than 140 the whole time we were married! I used to get bruises on my inner thighs after....well...you know...
  • Hi Everybody. Wow what a lively discussion.

Karen - no need for apologies. You feel the way you do for a reason. There is a reason the X is an X. Always. I have an X too, and when I look back at how I allowed myself to be treated, all I can say is "what the @#$% was I thinking???" But we grow and learn, and hopefully we make better choices as we move on. We look back with remembrance (and pity if we're feeling gracious), blow ourselves a kiss in the mirror and we move on, wiser. And you know what the killer is? That no matter how many times we see others going through situations that are less than ideal, we do not learn until we find ourselves in such a predicament. Like they say, experience is the best teacher.