Fresh start for Fall! (Fall challenge)

You're on Page 4 of 9
Go to
  • I'm a little late coming in here to this challenge since I just starting browsing the forums, but I want to try anyway. October 31st is an awesome goal time for me.

Current weight: 173
    Fall goal (Oct. 31): 160
    I commit to: Working out 5 days a week. Walking with my brother. Not having fast food snacks. Writing a food journal.
    My reward: A sexy halloween costume, yo.
  • Welcome Poly!

I am sure you will enjoy it here!

Trish
  • Welcome Poly!

Well for the first time in ages I managed to keep a food journal on the weekend hope it pays off on weighin day
  • Welcome Poly! Woohoo Mauvais
  • Joining in late...

Current weight: 155
    Fall goal (Oct. 31): 149
    I commit to: 40 - 48 oz of water a day, food journaling on FitDay, excerising at least 5x a week, and to avoid eating out like the plague
    My reward: A pedicure!
  • I should add to my goal - cutting back on salt again - I have developed an addiction to sesame sticks - fortunately they are almost all gone and won't be a temptation any more.

I suck at house work but did get my dishes done yesterday. At least I have the walking after work to keep me from taking naps. And I was pretty energized last night so that is good - keep burning those calories.

Hopefully I can do some actual cleaning this weekend - if I dont get our living back to useable, DH is gonna leave me - no joke.

We are about a 1/6 of the way through our time and the scale hasnt moved - but I bet it does this week with the added exercise - gotta mix it up - keep your body guessing and on its toes.

Happy Tuesday!
  • I'm right there with you on the lack of scale movement. It's frustrating since I've been exercising my butt off (apparently not literally though) and sticking to my eating plan.

I'm also with you on the need to clean. If something in my apartment broke right now I'd be embarassed to call maintenence.
  • Welcome lateralus!

Thanks Tiki! tonight is weighin - so I'm thinking positive...will know in a few short hours...
  • good luck on quitting smoking lateralus!
    keep up the food journal mauvais!

Now, to update my progress on the challenge:
    WI today and I'm down 1 pound! Yay! I'm still going to have to work a little harder if I want to get 5 more off in 1 month for my mini-goal.
    Fiber is better--I finally bought a box of Fiber1 and it doesn't have the twig taste I expected.
    Workouts are okay--I'm still getting sweaty I think 4 times a week, but I'm supposed to be doing 5 cardio and 2 weight days. I need to pick up the pace a little, but time has been really limited lately and will probably stay like this through Oct. I need to start prioritizing exercise on the weekends because I haven't for 2 weeks now.

Good luck to everyone on their goals!
  • Merla - congrats on the WI! You go girl!

For extra fiber I use Psyllium Husk - powdered - 1 tsp in my oats makes a big difference esp after too much salt - I can tell that bloat is water retention and a bit of fiber and 3-4 bottles of water and my belly shrinks over night.

I dont take it everyday just when I haven't been eating enough veggies and whole grains.

Baby steps - getting my water intake back to proper levels - yeah me - going for a 2 mile walk at 415 pm today.

Later!
  • Joining Late
    I really need to have people I can talk to DAILY so I hope you don't mind me joining here.

Current weight: 165
    Fall goal (Oct. 31): 158 (that's a pound a week )
    I commit to: Eating healthy, and drinking at least 100 oz of water a day
    My reward: I'm either gonna get my hair permed, or have a spa day.
  • ajandpj~thanks for the tip--as vain as it sounds, I'll definitely employ that trick just before the hot tub weekend!

diamond girl~ Hi! welcome aboard!
  • Welcome Diamond Girl! Now that I have the song stuck in my head - please tell me who sings it? Is it the Eagles, Little River Band? "Diamond Girl...you sure do shine..."

Someone will be here every day and often more than once, plus we have the monthly chat, alternachics at the movies (we all think we are critics) and Yah I exercised today to name but a few that I frequent regularly.

It is so good meet you!
  • I thought it was Elton John, but that's "Island Girl" and not "Diamond Girl."

But now I have "Island Girl" stuck in my head.
  • Well, I'm down another pound! But what's even better is that my BF looked at me yesterday and asked if I was losing weight already. He said my waist looked smaller already. Yay!