Why am I Hungry

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • I don't know if this helps or not, but I read something about lack of sleep and increased hunger. If you're body doesn't get enough sleep at night, you tend to be hungrier the next day. It's your body's way of looking for comfort.

Just a thought...
  • yeah i don't know what's up with fit day... it does seem like anything that i use oil for is really high in cals, more than i would expect.

deviled eggs -- 2 half eggs

where were my veggies yesterday.

I had two stalks of celery with breakfast, the Chicken Divan actually has more broccoli than chicken so that was about 1/2 cup of broccoli. For the Black Bean and Jicama salad I actually added 1/2 cup of lettuce and the other veggies in the salad amounting to approximately 1/2 cup. i ended up eating the other 1/2 serving of the salad so that's another 1 cup of veggies. For dinner I had jicama chips (about 1 cup) and some coconut bean soup which has tomatoes and peppers in it (about 1/4 cup). So all in all I had about 4 cups give or take.

the sleep could be a really big problem. i'm waiting to get into a sleep disorders clinic but it takes 6 months.

i usually get up at about 8:30 am and am at work by about 9:00. Because its so hard for me to get up int he morning, i don't have time to eat before i go to work. And I usually eat a light breakfast cause i'm not a fan of breakfast. in fact i hate most breakfasts. i don't eat a morning snack because i take my lunch at noon and when i get to work at 9 it seems rather silly to eat again so quickly. i work in the afternoon from 1 to 5:30 so i usually have two small snacks during this time. This is also when I usually get hungry.

As for water... I got plenty .... Throughout the day I had about 2.5 L.
  • Sorry Sarah, my mistake - it does serve 3 - maybe I should be medicated
  • Nefarious, I think others have said this, too, but you need to eat both protein and veggies, like you did at lunch. The veggies fill you up and the protein keeps you full longer. One or the other and you don't get what you need. The nuts make you full longer, but they don't fill you up much. The celery fills you up a lot, but it doesn't last very long. Put them together! Also, try eating something a little earlier in the day, possibly. If you spread your eating out more, your body will have more time to process it.

You also might benefit from another serving of beans, peppers, or tomatoes...those good carbs can help stave off cravings in Phase 1 also.

Drink more water. It helps fill you up, keeps you from munching on other things, and sometimes you think you're hungry but you're actually thirsty!