flexibility/stretching videos?

• I'm not flexible at all!! Anyone have suggestions of strecthing/flexibility exercise videos? I'm scared to try yoga or pilates, because I suffer from frequent migraines, and putting my head down (like some of the poses) really gives me a headache. I'm looking for some good old-fashioned stretching! Thanks!
  • I like Cathe (Friedrich's) Stretch Max DVD - it has three 20 minute stretches - I have used the one with the band (which I REALLY like) and one without any equipment (was okay).

Rachelle
  • Thanks, Rachelle!! I'll look into them both!
  • I have become very partial to Fitprime's Flexposture and have noticed great gains in my flexability and back/ab strength.
    here is a link for more info: http://www.whfn.com/flexposture.php
  • Tamilee Webb's Total Stretch for Beginners is really good. It has separate segments for sitting, standing, and floor stretches. I like it a lot.
  • I'm also a fan of Tamilee Webb's stretching videos. If you get it on DVD, it actually combines two separate videos previously release on VHS. It's a great bargain and provides some good variety.

Of course, you can also do yoga; in fact a lot of "stretches" you see on these videos are actually yoga poses, or modified yoga poses. You might look at www.gaiam.com, they have a lot of good videos for all levels for yoga and Pilates.
  • I have Cathy Smith's Weight Training for Weight Loss II (or something like that!) and the stretches there - 2 separate sections of the DVD - are good, and mostly yoga poses. There are some that require head down though.
  • Leslie Sansone Walk Away The Pounds are all awesome. It is more then stretching and flexability though. Although the do it and it helps! I suffer from migraines (I have RX for it) and these don't bother me! You might like them as well. Check them out at www.lesliesansone.com. They can be purchased anywhere.
  • Well, looks like you've got a lot to choose from! And here's one more -- I like Karen Voigt's Pure and Simple Stretch. It's about 40 minutes of slow and easy stretching and I don't think there's anything on it that I can't do (I'm 56 and not athletic at all.) It's also very calming...I like doing it before bedtime.

Dinah
  • Thanks for all the recommendations!!

By the way, I can do most regular exercise tapes without them affecting my migraines, it's just moves that my head is down that seems to trigger them. My flexibility leaves a lot to be desired, so that's my new goal! Thanks again!