Hi I am new and happy to join

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Hi I am from Texas, I ran across this site by accident, but am so happy I did. I would like to find a buddy. I live in Texas. I weigh 190 but would like to weigh 150.
  • welcome "desperate to lose" My husband has family in Texas. We are hoping to move there. My husbands work is promising to relocate him but we'll see what happens. But anyway
    What have you been doing to lose weight? I think the best thing to do (which I learned from here) is make small realistic goals. Like for 1 week, say you will exercise for a total of 4 hours. You can do this. Check out the forums.
  • Hello Rakkoon
    Hello Rakkoon!! Thanks for welcoming me!! I am excited to be able to talk to someone about my weight problem. I see you have lost a great quantity of lbs..I am so happy for you. It is nice to live in Texas, I hope you guys will be happy here if you do move. I like the idea of small realistic goals, I think I can stick w/that better than getting myself all overwhelmed. Well I am definitely trying to make healthier eating choices, also I recently purchased a treadmill. I love it!! It was so hard to get out to do physical activity because I have twins of 2 yrs. Going to the gym was very hard w/them because they would not adjust to staying in the nursery. They are very attached to me because I work from home, so they are always w/me. Anyways I got carried away talking about me. What have you done that has worked so well for you? Thanks for the support I hope to read you again soon!
  • WOW Twins! My son was a twin. The other one past away, "Vanishing twin syndrome" we didn't find out till the 25 week. There wasn't any sign of the other (via ultrasound) one, thats how we found out.
    I know what you mean about the babies being atatched. I also stay at home with my son. I love it b/c I get to see all his milestones . I mostly take my son with me on my walks. I try to get out early in the morning (7:00am) to avoid the heat of the sun. I've also been doing my Tae Bo. I love it. You really feel it working. The first time I tryed it I thought he was CRAZY. I kept yelling at the Tv "You are nuts if you think I can do that!" LOL
    In terms of my eating habits. I found out that eating carbs before 1:00pm works.
    But I think I hit a plateau now. I'm unable to get past 140 lbs.
    I thought about joining a Gym but I don't think my son would be too thrilled with the idea. I have a feeling he would cry the whole time. So for now workout dvd's and walking are working out fine.
    One key of advice I can give you is... instead of weighing yourself buy yourself a measuring tape. You will see good results that way then weighing yourself. I was getting so frustrated before b/c I would never see that needle move finally I bought another scale it said the same thing. I started measuring myself and boy did I see a difference. ** measure yourself weekly and weigh yourself monthly.
    Where abouts in Texas do you live? My husbands potential job is in Allen Texas. His sister lives in Plano. And his parents live in Keller.
    If you can I would say try walking outdoors. Its so wonderful to get out there. And I bet you have great areas there to walk at .
    I know you can lose this weight. You already have the treadmill. Love to hear from you soon!
    Rachel
  • Hello again Rakkoon
    I live in the Midland/Odessa area. Sorry to hear about your other twin , God works in mysterious ways. Only He knows his plan and why things happen. I have been looking in to buying some DVD's to add to my workout routine, do you think I will ever get the Tae Bo though? LOL I have started counting my calories, so I keep a journal of what I eat. The only reason I don't walk out doors is that my twins want to go separate directions HAHAHAHA, whenever my husband is here than I will try to get outdoors and do something. My husband is a truck driver even though he comes home every night, he is gone the majority of the day. I have an 8 yr old who plays soccer, this year I think I am going to propose to the coach that the parents have scrimages against the team now and then, I think that will be fun and a good work out. I will tell you how that goes ! Talk to you soon! Take care!
  • How are you doing?
    Everything is fine here. I made a mini goal to lose 5 lbs. by the end of next month. We'll see how it goes.
  • Oh there you are
    Doing great, thank you. I am trying not to weigh, I want to feel a little bit of a change in my clothes first, it is going to be hard though. Yest I slipped a little, but I am back on track today. Are you walking? Or do you have a different plan of action to meet your mini goal?
  • I'm still walking. I bought a new tae bo dvd off of ebay. So I'mwaiting for it to come in the mail soon. It is supposed to be a little harder then the one I am doing now.
    Well its good you are not going to step on the scale, that shows you have alot of self-control. Something I have been trying to have, I find myself jumping on the scale everyday.
    Its great that you are back on track again. Don't give up. Even if you lose 1/2 lb. that 1/2 lb closer to your goal. In other words everything counts. You can do this.
  • Hi Rakkoon how R U today?
    I am glad you are ready to take it up a level on the TaeBo , I bet you are feeling great . Guess what ? My mother in law has given us a puppy, he is adorable !! I am going to start getting him used to a leash , another form of excerise, right? I can't over exercise him now because he is just a baby, but as he gets older he will be my faithful walking friend . So how much are you walking? Do you try to walk daily or a few times out of the week? Have you heard anything else about your husband possibility of relocating? Talk to you later !
  • Check this out www.justpetstrollers.com. Maybe you can use this until he getts older, lol. But any ways. How sweet! I remember when my dof was a puppy You will have alot of fun.
    I walk 3 miles everyday. I'm doing an experiment now. I'm going to try to workout every other day. Reason being that I took a week off b/c my stroller broke. I ended up losing 1 1/2 lbs. I want to see if I take every other day off, if that will allow my body to rest from the workout. I'll give it 2 weeks to see what happens. If no change then I will go back to my normal routine (only 1 day off).
    No, my husband hasn't heard anything yet I want to go so bad. I hate it here in California. Its so crowded. Whats funny is, I just talked to my dad (lives in Northern Calif.), he said that his In-Laws are selling their home (in Nevada) and moving back to Texas. So now he is also considering moving there too. I was worried about him before b/c he never wanted to leave, now he will be going there too He said that they know someone out my (I think) Austin TX, that is selling their house and about 250 acres for $200,000 Its pretty much out in the boonies. He brought up all of us going into it and splitting the land. My husband is sort of thinking about it but as he said, it will probably be a year before we will be able to move out there. Plus his job will be in Allen, Tx. Well thats my sorry tale.
    I'm happy you have a new puppy though. I hope you have a great day! Talk to you soon
  • Hahaha
    I saw the strollers I think I've got one picked out . 3 miles a day is really good , I am doing one and a half . I'll catch up . Let me know how your experiment goes . Sorry your husband has not heard anything else on relocating. I bet your happy for your dad. And that house w/all that land WOW, sounds like a great investment. Have you always lived in CA? I've never lived there, but I have been there and I thought it was rush-rush. Too busy for me. A year will pass by before you know it and hopefully you will be looking for a new house in Texas . Did I tell you my son plays soccer? This season I am going to help the coach a little, I am excited. I have an idea in mind, that I think will be fun ! I am going to propose to the coach and the soccer moms, that we have scrimages parents vs team. I think that will be fun, plus an extra workout. We'll see if the other moms/dads will agree . We'll talk later! Have a wonderful day!
  • I like the double decker stroller the best
    Cool! you are going to me a soccer mom. I think its great that you want to get involved in your childs things. I wanto to do the same with my son. We go to everything my daughter is in. She has Autism and at her school she has been in Cheerleading, choir, and drama plays. The things I never thought she would ever be in b/c if her disability. Every time I go, I probably look silly b/c you will always know where I'm at b/c I will be I think you will do a great job. How old is your son? Is he the only one?

I was born in Northern Calif. I lived there until I was 13 y/o then we moved to Southern Calif. I've lived here ever since. When we first moved here I told my mom I would either go back or move out of state. Actualy I was saving up to do so then my husband came into the picture. The good thing is when my husband and I were dating, we talked about moving out of state. We are both of the same mind, we hate it here. Whats funny is I came from a small town, out in the middle of no where. He on the other hand, has always lived right smack in the middle of the city. He had never seen small towns and open fields until he married me and we went to see my dad up north. The only thing he could see is "Rachel, there is so much open land!"
    I've told people our plans to move to Texas, some who have been there say "You know in alot of areas, there is nothing but land" (like its a bad thing). In my mind I'm thinking, Duh! I tell them "thats what we want" its just to crowded here. I like to see ranch style homes with a large piece of land w/ a horse or cows. Its just so cool! To me that is what I grew up with seeing all around me. I cry when I leave my dad's house.
    What about you, have you always lived in Texas? Tell me how hot does it get there? It was about 95 today here in So. Cal.
    Are you a stay at home mom or do you work?
    I'll talk to you soon. Have a good day.
  • Good morning ! Yes it is time for soccer again, My son Joel is 8 yrs old. This is his 3rd season playing. I also have twins and they are 2 Jared and Julissa, will be 3 in Oct. They will play some sport too when they turn 5 or so. Will see what they like and see how it goes.

I am glad to hear your daughter is so active , I am a bit familiar w/Autism. I work for a dr's office that sees children w/special needs. It is amazing what the love of parents will do for these angels. I have a wonderful poem that I will share w/you as soon as I find it. I am glad to hear you and your husband are so devoted to family life. If every family was like that....there would be so much happiness every where you turn.

I am a stay at home mom, but I also work from home for the dr's office I was telling you about. I work off the internet, at one point I was working in the office you know Mon-Fri 8-5 but we moved from to another city and rather then replacing me they decided I can do my work off the internet. I am really happy because I am at home w/my children all day. Do you work?

I understand you on having space around you, before we bought our house we saw so many beautiful homes but they hardly had a yard. I thought this is like living in apartments, where will the children play? We found a home just outside city limits it is on a little more than a half acre, we would have liked more land, but finding a house w/everything you want is hard. We have chicken and a cat, not much space for bigger animals. I want to get a family/watch dog later. For now our little Chihuaha has us head over heels for him.

I was born in Mexico, the state of Chihuaha to be exact. You may not be familiar w/Mx and I am telling you what state . We came to live in the US when I was 3 yrs old and have lived here since. I have always lived in Tx except for a short amount of time, when we were newly married we moved to Nebraska for 3 yrs, I hated it there the weather is so extreme, really bitter cold in the winter and very hot in the summer. Then I convinced my husband to move back to Tx and here we are. Well enough of me.

How is your experiment going, or have you not started yet? I am going to make new goals next week on my workout.

Have a great weekend I hope you did fall asleep in the middle of reading .
  • I forgot
    to tell you it does get very hot in this area, but not all of Texas is that way. I am not sure about Allen, Tx. Here yesterday's high was 96, hot hot hot. But the winters are not bad at all. That is all for now, talk later.
  • My dad is from Jalisco, Mexico. He came here about 4 years before I was born (I'm 30 ). I actually got to go to Tijuanna for the first time last month. That was the first time leaving the US. It was interesting. The neat thing about it is that, for people that don't have alot, they sure are giving. I got to see where my dad grew up, the house was the size of (almost like) a large bedroom. Not big at all. To think that he along with his other 3 siblings lived there is amazing. It was a very humbling experience.
    I don't work now. Before my son came along I worked in a doctor's office. I was working both front and back offices. Before I gave birth (3 months before)I was a float. I prefered the back office, it was more hands on. Its nice to know that if I ever need to go back to work I have that top fall on. Before that job I was making Hearing Aids for a well known american hearing aid company. I was there for almost 7 years, I loved it. I was able to experience someone putting on one of the hearing aids I made, and seeing their face light up when they heard their spouse's voice for the first time in a long time. Actually working there made me want to help others, so I went to school for Medical Assisting-Clinical training. Its awesome that you can still work for that Dr's office. I know what you mean about the hours, I was working 4/10's at that dr's office. I hardly saw my family. I almost envy you, there is a part of me that would like to be able to do something productive. Not that raising a child isn't, am I making any sense?
    My mom has 2 Chihuahas one is a female named chispa, the other is a male named Charlie. They are too funny.
    My experimant failed. I tryed to do it but I found myself getting lazy. Now I feel like I'm back where I started. When I exercise I think "If only my son would start crying, I could stop exercising" then Billy Blanks will say (Tae Bo dude) "I know your body wants to stop but you can't let it, you got to take control!" Then I say "Ok fine!" So I guess so I won't get lazy I have to at least workout everyday. I probably won't do both tae bo and walking, I might split them depending on the day and the circumstances. "wrecked woman that I am who can set me free from this body of death"

My dad told me the last time I saw him that my roots were coming through the older I get meaning that, now I cook and make my own corn and flour tortillas. I make my husband home made chili. [I say I make it for him b/c he likes the hot, hot stuff, he is a mix of Puerto Rican and Salvadorian. My the Mex and I can't handle hot chili.] And my dad just found out I can knit and crochet. I love my dad, it makes me proud to say that I am his daughter. When I was a kid (they divorced when I was 3 y/o) she would always tell me I was exactly like my dad, as a cut. Now that I know him better I think its cool that I could be anything like him. He is so mild tempered and caring. He is a very hard worker.
    Enough about me. Have you been back to Mex at all? Do you still have family there?
    Do you have any hobbies? What kind of books do you like to read? what sort of exercise have you been doing lately? Oh and did you pick a name for your puppy?
    Talk to you soon
    PS
    Its great to find such a cool to talk to like you