Does anyone suffer insomnia from being in Phase One?

• Hi!

I am on Day 5 of SBD and loving it. The only thing I don't like is that I can't sleep well or sleep at all. Did anyone else have this problem? I just feel super energized all the time. I work out daily and even cut out coffee a few weeks ago so it's not that. Any ideas?

Glad to be here!
    Taylor
  • Welcome to The Beach. It seems to me some of the chicks had the same problem but it levelled off after a week or so. I'm sure they'll pop in and respond.
  • Hi oceangoddess!!
    Welcome!!! I suffer from insomnia at times no matter how I am eating...so I am no help...sorry...but I wanted to say "hi" and welcome!!!!
  • Hi!

That's good to know-- I was worried it would be permanent. shortie-- what do you do for your insomnia?

-taylor
  • i also suffer from insomnia but it's not related to my eating habits. I've had insomnia as long as i can remember (back to at least age 10 ... which has helped add on the pounds).

my suggestions:
    take a relaxing bath before trying to go to bed
    warm glass of skim milk before bed
    reading before bed
    don't eat afeter 8 pm
    don't watch tv or play video games at nite
    try to work out in the morning ... i found if i worked out after work (usually around 6 or so) i'd be energetic all freakin nite
    try yoga

i also recommend a book caled "no more sleepless nights". it didn't help me cause there are so many causes of my insomnia but it may help you.

good luck with it.
  • I have insomnia at the best of times.. but yes, it is exacerbated during Phase 1... I take a herbal supplement called Valerian to help. It doesn't make me drowsy, but seems to help me drift off and stay asleep.
  • oceangodess, I have had insomnia to some extent or another most of my life. Strangely, while I was cutting down on soda and starting to watch how I ate carbs, I got very tired and started to sleep better (not as well as most people, but great for me!). I'm only just getting over the carb withdrawal today (day 4 for me), and I'm feeling more energetic. If I get the same problem, being so energized I can't sleep, I'll let you know!

Meanwhile, welcome and good luck!
  • I dont have it but wanted to say hang in there and things will get better
  • I had a problem with insomnia/trouble the first few days but but last night was better. I usually do not get to sleep well sharing my bed with dh and the baby though.

Welcome!!!