Calories? Gah! Help!

• I just finished doing some crunches and things (I didn't do many, and yet I am sweating profusely.. *sigh*) Counting calories and things.. I know that the goal is to use more calories than you take in, but I have eaten something like 500 more calories than I used up (walking to get some low-calorie food, plus my exercises...). Anyone have any suggestions for exercises I can add onto what I have done (sit-ups, crunches, push-ups, and leg lift things)???

Lots of hugs to you all!!!!!
  • Fae, are you already counting the calories you burn just from breathing and being alive (RMR-resting metabolic rate)? If so, try adding some jump roping intervals throughout the day. Studies show that exercises just 5-10 minutes at a time several times keeps your metabolism up and burns mega-calories.
  • No I didn't... I didn't even think of those!

Now that logic sets in.. A person would have to exercise pretty much all day in order to burn off more than x number of calories they eat... I swear to you people I am smart sometimes!

Thanks for the suggestion Liz!
  • You can try the calculator here http://www.virtualfitnesstrainer.com...bolic_Rate.htm to see how many calories you burn with RMR.
  • The best exercises for burning calories are aerobic ones. Try running, walking fast, biking, swimming, playing a fast sport like basketball. Even if you can do only ten minutes at a time, you will burn more calories doing those excersises.

Also, it's easier than you might think to improve cardio. I started with half an hour at a slow pace about 6 months ago, and now I can bike for hours.