Brand new!

• Hi all,

I introduced myself on the introduce-yourself thread, but I thought i would like to say hello to everyone..

I stumbled upon this website a while back, and today I decided to get serious and get involved. I'm 20 years old, a student, but have struggled with my weight for a long time.

When I was younger I was a competitive figure skater; I skated for about 10 years (Started when i was 5 years old!). When I quit during high school I gained around 30 pounds and became very unhealthy. The past few years has been a struggle for me. I exercised a lot but I always had a very emotional and unstable relationship with food... This summer i've really broken a lot of bad habits, and im ready for change.

I don't want to make this too long, but I would just like to say hi and from what I've seen, it's amazing and it makes me want to push on..

So, thanks!
  • Welcome to the boards! You will find a lot of support and helpful people here.
  • Welcome!! You have come to the right place.. LOL sounds like a cheesy line, but all is well. WELCOME!!!!
  • Welcome!
  • Welcome, earlymornings! Glad you are here. I look forward to getting to know you.

Take care,
    Jina
  • thanks for all the warm welcomes!
  • Welcome aboard girl, and stick around! You'll definately get a lot of support and good advice in here.

Amanda
  • I second all the words of welcome.. esp. JustForUs's cheesy line about you've come to the right place! I warn you now... you will become addicted very quickly.. *G*

And don't worry about it being long... my intro thread was much longer

~Fae
  • Hi!!! Welcome!!!!
  • welcome
    welcome girlie!! i am 20 as well and have been stuggling with my weight but since on SBD i have been back on track and have found myself!! good luck on your diet and keep us posted!!

• Hi earlymornings- I'm 20 years old, a student and new here too. I hope to see you around the boards!
    Good luck!
  • Welcome!!! Hey we have the same weight loss tracker!!!