delicious broccoli recipe - Thai style with garlic

• Oh so fast, oh so easy and oh soooooooo delicious!!!

http://www.recipezaar.com/20972

Thai-Style Broccoli with Garlic
    2 tablespoons fish sauce
    2 teaspoons sugar
    1 lb broccoli florets
    2 tablespoons oil
    4 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
    4 servings
    20 minutes 5 mins prep

Stir fish sauce with sugar until dissolved adn set aside.
    Drop broccoli florets into a saucepan of boiling water.
    Cover and boil 2- 3 minutes.
    Drain.
    Heat oil in wok over medium heat.
    Add garlic and fry until golden and crisp, about 3 minutes.
    Drain on paper towel.
    Add fish sauce mixture to remaining oil.
    Add broccoli and stir until blended with seasonings and heated through.
    Turn out onto serving dish: top with garlic.
  • Sushi Penguin
    Any idea what the nutritional info. is. WW points, fat grams,etc.
  • If you click on the link, it has all the nutritional info. This looks pretty good! Time to make a grocery list...
  • I made this the other night, but I don't think I have enough broccoli or something. I was trying to juggle making about 3 dishes and eek... So, it tasted really good, but I definitely had way too much oil-to-veggie ratio. However, I liked the flavor and it actually got me to try cooked broccoli, something I had never done.
    I will probably make it again, cutting down the oil for a single serving.
  • No idea what the WW points are, but yes, the nutritional info is on the website.

WastedThermos, great to hear you gave it a try!
    I didn't pay much attention to the amounts when I made it... I bought 3 largish broccoli crowns and used 2 of them, not sure what the weight was. I think it's important to remember that it's supposed to be 1 pounds of the florets only - so if you buy 1 pound of broccoli with stems, you might not have enough... I wouldn't make the florets too small either...
    I used a topped teaspoon of sugar (brown sugar, that was all I had) and about 1.5 spoons fish sauce, and only 1 garlic clove (don't like garlic!). And I usually use less oil than the recipe calls for when cooking just about anything. A good way to get rid of too much oil is to put the veggies on a paper towel for a few minutes.
  • That really sounds good! I was actually considering posting to ask for new ways of cooking broccoli, lol. I like broccoli, but it can be very boring.
  • Ok .. I'm not a huge fish eater, does the fish sauce make the broccoli taste very fishy?
  • Not at all.
  • This sounds very tasty and I'll give it a try as soon as I buy some fresh broccoli. I was surprised to see the nutritional info said there was basically no fiber to it. I always thought broccoli contained more fiber than many other vegies.

Donna D., Columbus, Ohio