Join Us - Daily Check-In II - new thread

You're on Page 24 of 37
Go to
  • Hi all, I finished my white sweater last night even though I knew it was too short for me. I really like it but I can't wear it. So I'm offering it to my friends here at 3FC. First PM asking for it, get it. The size is an XL Petite. DH guesses you'd probably need to be about 5' 1" to wear it. So let me know if this would fit you and I'll send it to you.

• Happy New Year! It's the Year of the Dog. I spent the day recommitting to my goals. I've slacked off a lot in the last week, enough to make my Val's Day goal highly unlikely at this point. But I feel good about my plans for this week, and was perky enough to get through an entire workout for the first time in several days

What a cute sweater! Sorry it's too small for me, Marie. Like you, late afternoon is my favorite time to walk, except for summer here in DC, when it's miserably hot sometimes, or when it's cold enough to need gloves. My fingers are over-sensitive to cold, and literally turn colors and ache, thanks to something called Reynaud's syndrome. When I was self-employed, I loved walking in the park mid-mornings and around 4 in the afternoon. I can't wait to resume my long walks again.

Carol, I really struggle with eating at the airport. I may not be the right person to ask Most of the options are too fatty, too sugary, too big, or all of the above (ex. Cinnabon). I try to have the same snacks I'd eat at home--string cheese, fruit, grape tomatoes, whole wheat crackers, almonds, a protein bar--which are all things you can stick in your purse on your way out the door. And a bottle of water! I used to feel weird with my little baggies, but since you're lucky to get a tiny bag of pretzels on the plane these days, I'm not the only one doin' it. If you have a layover and it's mealtime, just have a healthy fast food or restaurant meal, which is probably better in the long run than trying to fill up on the snacks in the terminal.

I travel so much because I work for a national nonprofit, and I'm on the board of directors of a couple of other national groups. I end up traveling once or twice a month, usually, for meetings, workshops and conferences. It can be quite tedious sometimes, and I was happy to sleep in my own bed last night! But I enjoy traveling, and it helps me keep up with my friends in other parts of the country.

Hugs to everyone!

judy
  • Oh Marie how I wish that sweater would fit me. I am 5 7" so a no go here though I LOVED it! Boy you and I are batting a thousand finally finish our projects and they don't fit. My grandsons sweater went to him yesterday and I got a call it didn't go over his cute little head. So I will beable to at least take the neckline out and recreate it to fit. I was a bit disappointed myself thought I finally got it finished!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you take it apart and just make it longer? Oh maybe not! Its all sewed together. Hey sell it on ebay its a real cutie! Sure it would sell and then you could buy some more yarn and also make a some cash.
    I am off to work this a.m. took friday off as I was still sick. I still have my cough and it wakes me during the night. I did do my scale the other day and remain at a 2.5 loss. Still need to lose somemore with only 5 weeks until my Hawaii trip. I am getting so excited. I mailed out our refund for tax dollars yesterday not a lot coming back but better than oweing. Also it will be our spending funds for the trip. Well I grocery shopped yesterday and stocked up on fresh foods so lunches should be a breeze this week. I made some great homemade chicken noodle soup yesterday in my pressure cooker. So I will take that for lunch with a orange and yogurt for snack time. I will not attempt a workout today still under the weather a little bit.
    Judy I will pack some snacks for sure. It is a long flight around 14 hrs. yuk! We are flying with United Airlines.
  • Ah Carol, the knitting whoas don't end. I'm glad you can repair your GS's sweater. I am looking forward to a picture of it. Hint, hint.

I worked all day yesterday and half of today on a new pink sweater. I got everything done but the button bands. I ran out of yarn. I go on the internet and the manufacturer says the yarn has been discontinued. But they still have some in stock. YEAH!!! I ordered more and more of all the colors that I have, figuring I underestimated all of those too. So I still don't have a new sweater to wear. But I will next weekend. I paid 2nd day shipping.

Judy, good for you on getting through an entire workout. I hope the week's plans go smoothly.

Time for me to exercise. I've got to WATP. I don't feel like it but I will. I always feel better so I have to push myself.
    Marie
  • Carol, I'm glad to hear that you're feeling a little better. I'm sure that the chicken soup is helping! I love making soup. I want to buy a slow cooker, now that you can program them. Nothing like a homemade soup, stew or chili on a blustery day, or when you're feeling a little lethargic.

Walk off thoe pounds, Marie! Didn't the tape perk you up a little?

I changed my ticker to reflect a pound up and a more modest Valentine's Day goal. I'll be on the road again for four days next week, and I'd have to be on a fast or something to lose eight pounds in two weeks! But six is worth stretching for, and I will ultimately be happy to made progress teh first six weeks of the year. Had a good work this morning, went to Curves last night, and am eating on program.

Maureen, hope life is treating you well.

hugs--judy
  • Morning Judy and Carol! I did WATP yesterday and I can't say it perked me up but in no way did I have a guilt complex that I didn't exercise. So that is good.

Judy, Sorry that you had to move the ticker in the up direction.That is a total bummer. I think having realistic goals for just a healthier you is a good idea. I stopped working towards a number that is usually arbitrary.

Well, I'm sort of swamped at work. TTYL!
    Marie
  • Oh girls still feeling a bit under the weather or at least not like myself yet. I get so tired easily. I did the stairs at work v.s. the elevator and it makes me short of breath. I don't like it at all. Oh it will pass in a day or two I hope. I have lots of exercise to catch up on. Last night it was like I couldn't stop eatting. It wasn't bad choices just extra choices. I guess maybe food was finally tasting better. Today I did great in the a.m. whole wheat toasted english muffin a bit of canola marg, 1 hard boiled egg, 1 orange for snack and some almonds, order chinese for lunch no that wasn't low! But for dinner had chicken noodle soup and 3 chicken wings. Oh not smart huh???????????????????? I will get this all together soon! Snack tonight will be an orange. On the water front I have been doing better drinking more daily.
    Hope your all doing okay. Marie I will get a picture on here. I ripped it out tonight and will try it on him wed. Good luck with the pink one. I am starting to like soft pink myself.
    Judy good job being more realistic I guess we all want to do this faster but it just doesn't happen the way we want it to. Slow is better they say.
  • Carol, I sure hope you feel better tomorrow. On the eating front, tomorrow is another day and you'll do great. I have faith in you. I'm looking forward to the picture.

Drum roll!!!!!!! I walked 38 miles this month. And that was starting on the 12th so I missed 11 days of walking. Wow - 38 miles.

Good night all!
  • Marie hurray for you! That is just wonderful I am very happy for you!
    See we can do this don't you feel great for what you have accomplished?
    I sure would think you should track for the year how many miles wouldn't that be neat to know how many miles?
    I will be trying the sweater on the little guy this evening I sure hope it works out okay. I didn't finish it off not til I see how it works first.
    Yesterday I worked with a client on some future housing I felt really good about it. Positive move for him etc. Not a doubt in my mind that this work be a wonderful move. I have feeling it is going to be shot down by the parents. Sometimes things just have a way of twisting and going the opposite way. I hope they can see it is best for him. They would like him to move home with them and his this wouldn't benefit him as much as others. So today even though I feel better I weigh this on my mind and it is a bit of stress though I can't control the outcome only put in my two cents. Its the end of one month and the start of the next and I still have some stuff to wrap up. So today will be a busy one.
    I have preplanned my intake for the day. No chinese today!!!!!!!!! I am going to even try to make it to the gym. If its even for a little while it will be a step in the right direction. Intake plans: raisin bran cereal, 1 banana
    snack: yogurt 80 cal.
    lunch: salad with 1 egg, turkey br. croutons, dried cranberries and salad dressing olive oil and vinegar seasonings 1 orange
    Snack: 1 apple before working out
    Dinner: 1 lean grilled burger w/ cheese reduced swiss ch. w/ no bread , salad with leafy greens and dressing.
    Snack: 1 skinny cow ice cream 140 cals.
    Lots of water, 1 cup tea, 2 coffees
    Exercise: At the gym!
    Good luck all!
  • Marie, 38 miles in less than a month is great! Do you use a pedometer, or have you tracked the distance another way? I've had no luck with pedometers. I really miss walking, can't wait for the warmer weather.

Carol, if you use food to feel better (like I do), it's hard not to nosh when you're not feeling up to snuff. Your plan for today sounds like you are back in control, good for you! Good luck at the gym

This morning I did 30 minutes of a dance video, had a hard boiled egg and half a cup of Kashi w/milk, and my mid-AM snack was a cup of cottage cheese w/half a cup of blueberries. Going to Curves after work this evening. I just found out that the conference center I'll be staying at Sunday afternoon-Tuesday afternoon doesn't have a fitness center. I was going to stay over one extra night, for meetings the next morning, but I've decided to check into a hotel w/fitness center on Tuesday, so I can for sure get two days of treadmill time. Gotta move, gotta move, gotta move...

Gotta work! Gotta go. Have a great day, ladies!

judy
  • Failing already today,lol
    I havent even started yet, and im failing,lol. I am willing to do everyhting that this group asks for. Unfortunatly that means telling you what i have already eaten today...which is sad just to think of it.

Breakfast: 4 cups of cereal (4 different kinds), and a 2 pieces of leftover pizza and a breadstick. ( who?? who eats that for breakfast???)

I am already up to about 1500 cals today. I guess its salad for dinner,lol.
    Since i just joined though ...tomorrow will be better. give me strength.

• Judy sounds like your on the right track good for you. Yes your right about the food and being sick. Well now I am feeling better. I didn't make it to the gym yesterday though. Got caught up in a meeting I didn't plan on and stopped at the yarn store instead. I guess I need to get it together with the gym thing or exercising. I did manage to use the stairs and parked out a ways today. But I pretty much stuck to my plan for food. I did end up having bread with my hamburger italian to be exact. But no cheese. Continue your this way and you will reach your goal. I also like Kashi and have purchased at BJ's an 18 bar box. I have taken some to work and especially like the ones with almonds and cranberries in. 140 cals, filling and healthy!
    Marie I purchase myself some beautiful yarn made in Italy. It was normally 10.99 and on sale for 4.49. It is light gray blue and is 100% nylon. It is so soft I can't wait to make a sweater. I finished a scraf, scraf and hat last night better than munching. Did you get your pink yarn? Hope your continuing your walking I need to get out there around the lake again.
    Brokeneye welcome here at this site. We might be small but we seem to help motive each other. Hang around and it might help you. Have you tried to use portion control? Sometimes premeasuring can help measure out the serving into ziploc bags, Have some yogurt or fruit with your cereal and a glass of water. Walk away and find something to do to keep you busy. Giving yourself some time to feel full. Apple slices or something crunchy might be needed. Try celery with some natural peanut butter. Some folks need protein in the morning it helps fill them up. Try poached or hard boiled eggs with your cereal. Good luck and hope some of this helps. Reading other peoples ideas sometimes gives me a boost to try something new. Another thing is sometimes I will use smaller dishes or bowls to portion control more. Good luck to you its life time changes which seem to make a real difference for me.
  • Welcome, Brokeneyes! Don't worry, if you're tracking what you eat, that means that you have started, 'cuz that's the first step--paying attention instead of mindlessly grazing like a cow I'd love to hear about your goals and your plans to reach them. I do a high-protein, lower-carbs, healthy-fats food plan, and am aiming for 250 minutes of cardio every week. I have a lot of weight to lose, so I'm not in a huge hurry, but I do want to see progress every month!

This will be a busy and somewhat stressful day. I do look good, though, in a new black and gray power jacket, and I'm listening to jazz as I work, trying to remember to take deep breaths....Hope you have a good day!

judy
  • Judy sounds like your upbeat and ready to challenge the work load. Sounds like a good purchase and an outfit that makes you feel good. That is someting nice! We all need a treat once in awhile just to make us feel good. I had a stressful day yesterday just some interesting stuff on my caseload. It keeps me going though. I guess if I were the type of person who just sat back a bit my job would be much easier. But as the hubby says I try to solve everything, help too much and it makes more work for me. I guess thats true but the reason I took this human service job was to help others. So I guess I'd better just do that.
    Today it is rainy no walk today. Yesterday would of been a great day and I didn't get there. After work today I have planned a trip to the gym. Our weekend weather is taking a turn to snow. Yuk! We have been extremly lucky this year here. I plan to try my video on saturday and sunday. I also have the old video working out with the oldies with Richard Simmons. What ever happened to him? I use to like watching it before I became a working mom years ago.... I am dating myself I think. I feel good today and ready to challenge the day. That virus really knocks you off your feet. I did well with my intake yesterday all but a few potatoe chips. My jeans are fitting better again and thats a good feeling. I did the scale yesterday no loss but no gain so maintaining for a weeks not so bad. I hope to show a loss again soon. Feeling more in control the last couple of weeks really makes a difference. Before my day begins I try to preplan and it helps me for my intakes. I did slip a few chips in but held steady for the rest of the day. This weekend will be relaxing I may even get the sewing machine going on the girls quilts I have been working on for 2 years. Its just like exercising got to get going! Oh 33 days left to Hawaii I have to stay motivated and my hopes are to lose at least 4 more lbs. but more would be nice. I bette think twice before things go in my mouth! Move more and get losing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow!
    Marie are you knitting your little self away yet? Hope your doing fine!
    Brokeneyes hope you return!
    Maureen hope your doing well on your journey!
  • Intake plans: Breakfast:cereal, little milk 150 cals.
    Snack: 1 orange
    Lunch: salad with tuna, cuke, croutons, almonds, tomatoe low cal low fat dressing. 1 yogurt 80 cals.
    Snack: 1 apple
    Dinner: scallops broiled with lemon and seasonings, broc, baked potatoe med. size.
    Snack: baked sesame seed pita chips with salsa
    Pita's cut in half cut in 8's sprayed with Pam and then sprinkle with garlic powder and seeds. Bake 375 7 min./ Ck it out girls!