LAWL Losers & Friends - August 05

You're on Page 55 of 66
Go to
  • Oh, no big news. Actually, had bad news this a.m. My cousin Sally who got married in June, the wedding i went to, well her x-husband committed suicide last week. It's so sad. He was always troubled, my cousin had a hard time being married to him, but i know she's hurting about the whole thing. And he had kids. It's just tragic.

I am looking at a couple places to rent on friday and sat or sun, no decision yet.

I'm really off program, but not giving up. Nothing positive to report. Congrats to all you losers.
  • Do you think it's appropriate to send a sympathy card to my cousin being that she is a newlywed? I hear that she's had a tough week, but is doing "okay".
  • Okay...Who loves Regina???
    Hi Everyone.

Hey check out my avatar, don't I look good? THANKS Regina, I love them all!

Okay, today is a new day and although I still don't feel as though I am 100%, I am feeling a bit better. I am sorry for flipping out yesterday. Oh man, the pressure...

Dee - I may join you on the thread tonight. I think it should be a low key evening for me, just some long overdue laundry to do, as my new washer finally came yesterday. I don't have to cook tonight, because I made some OP spaghetti last night that we can have again today as leftovers.

Jenn - I am with you on the 14s. I'd LOVE to be there myself. Haven't seen that size since jr. high school.

Mary - Good for you on the "panty progress." Also, the fact that you worry so much for little Eli is a huge indication that you are a great mom. A lot of first time moms experience the same feelings that you are. We sometimes worry that we will never be able to do for our children all that they deserve. Well, if you're doing your best, and your baby is healty and happy, then I assure you there is no need to worry.

Julie and Star - HOWDY!

Congrats to the losers and maintainers, and for any gainers out there, trust me...I feel your pain. Today is a new day, here's to it!

Carm

p.s. Michele - condolences to your cousin. I would maybe send her a "thinking of you" card or a blank card with a nice note inside.
  • Carmen - Great Choice!!!!!! Your so HOT!!!!

Michele - Definately send your cousin a card and write a 'personal' note in it. She is greiving for sure and your concern will confirm her pain.
  • Carmen - you look absolutely FAB, dahling. . . now, do you put a rose between your teeth, too?

Congrats on the new washer - hope it's a safe "baptism".

Michele, I am the most card challenged person in the universe. Could you call her, and express your sympathy? Good luck house hunting this weekend. We want deets!

Julie
  • Michelle:

I just noticed you're in MN. What part? There's a house for rent not far from where I live. It looks really nice. It's just off exit 69 on highway 19 in Northfield.
  • Hey girls,

Well last night was dinner with my cousin and of course it was off plan but today I am doing good and intend to stay that way.
  • You gals are so smart, my coworker concurs that a "thinking of you" card may be more appropriate, so that's what i'll do. Then later on, i'll call her.
  • I am now suffering the consequences of my splurge from last night dinner and drinks my stomach has been upset all day so I resorted to drinking a Sierra Mist, not diet because they don't have diet here where I work. Anyone know what a sierra mist regular soda would count as?
  • Haylo - Damn those 'life happens' events.....
    Well I guess if I had to count the Sierra Mist, I would just skip on of my lites for the day.....or maybe 2 fruits? I'm not really good at counting off plan stuff - that's why I usually don't even try........
    Atleast, tell us you have fun with your cousin?
    Glad your back on track...
  • Haylo, agree that giving up a lite would probably be the best calorie wise. . .Can't believe that there is still a place on earth that doesn't have diet soda. Also, I can recommend crackers, like Saltines, for an upset tummy. And hot tea?
  • Re: Upset tummy: believe it or not, you make a tea with dried bay leaves and that clears you right up. My brother had a care-giver from Mexico, it's an old mexican remedy and if he doesn't feel good, that's what he asks for.
  • Jenn and Regina - have to say, when I first saw your avatar, I thought it was a modest angel, hiding behind a towel. Much cuter to have an angel in your pocket!

Julie
  • Thanks for all the info. on upset tummies. You would think that since I work in a school that they would have something diet here but no such luck only diet pepsi and I didn't think that would do anything for me. Good news is I just needed a little bit of sierra mist to help my stomach feel better.
    Mary: I love mint I have used it before to calm my stomach as well. It works great.

Star: yes my night out was fun. My cousin and I are very close and she is moving to New Braunfels Tx, next weekend so we decided to meet up for dinner not like New Braunfels if very far from San Antonio but it was an excuse to get together. We had a couple margaritas and soft chicken tacos that were kind of spicy so if there is was any type of off plan fat in them I am pretty sure the salsa on them killed that. Oh and the margaritas were great I think it was a well deserved treat after a long day of work.
  • Julie........
    Julie said "I thought it was a modest angel, hiding behind a towel. Much cuter to have an angel in your pocket!"

You thought that becuz we know you are really a retired stripper....